My cs department thinks memorizing this is a good use of time

>my cs department thinks memorizing this is a good use of time

Why can't math fags burn and die. I can look up all this on Wikipedia if I wanted to actually use it outside of school

Attached: 1293682542867.png (2880x1920, 2.23M)

What if some burglar breaks into your house, points a gun at your head and forces you to prove Green's theorem in 5 minutes?

This is literally all common sense if you actually paid attention in class and understood the concepts. Only retards like you think that this is "memorization".

not OP but some of us have shitty schools that dont teach well

>mfw I skipped high school math

Attached: 1415603116620.jpg (453x500, 50K)

Not him, but you haven't actually learnt all that shit if you claim that. For every one of those formulas you'd spend 15 minutes deriving it if it's anything trivial at all and not something people spent 200 years figuring out. If it isn't then it's either memorizing the result or memorizing the result plus the proof.

>Be me
> Teach myself programming in Highschool.
> Go into computer engineer thinking I'll be doing that all day.
> Nope, almost nothing but cramming calculus textbooks for four years.
> Get asked a programming question on a job interview
> Fuck I could have answered this easily in highschool but I've bee so busy getting my computer engineering degree that I'm out of practice.

>falling for the (((formal education))) meme
good goyim

I'm not the idiot who thinks that it takes 15 minutes to "derive" that the curl operator is linear or how to get from the differential to the integral forms of the Maxwell equations.

lmao ok galaxy brain.

You can always drop out if you think you can spend your time better. Not even meming.
also:
>memorizing
dude what

What word would you use instead of 'derive'? I don't like it because it can be confused with derivation but I can't think of an alternative

You just have to learn the logic, thats it
Math in itself is unnecessary for most tech jobs

>missing the point this hard
He isn't arguing a degree is completely useless, he is saying the content itself is worthless and only the piece of paper counts, mostly

Most things in Math can be deduced from a simple foundation of truths.

Especially Calc shit

Attached: cat.jpg (869x1077, 139K)

Unironically it's not hard at all to memorize all those things.
If you just do daily practice problems in which you use those formulas, you'll memorize them easily.
If you sit there 1 day before the exam trying to memorize that whole sheet without even understanding what you're reading, then you are just setting yourself up for failure.
Stop playing fornite and start studying kiddo. Millions of people have done it successfully before you and didn't complain.

Attached: 153100579792.png (229x220, 9K)

I guess that's the word yeah

You won't pajeet, but a passably competent programmer might.

there's a subset of logic that's part of math

if you don't know all of this already you are retard.
if you cannot learn it, you are too dumb to understand simple instructions, and a few line script can replace your entire existence - except that it won't screw up things all the time

lmao ok retard.

Well yeah no shit. If you want to actually learn something of value you picked the wrong major. If anything, the math courses are the only classes worth a shit. The gen ed classes are useless and the CS classes are just filler shit where 90% of what you learn is pointless/useless

This.
And this. I like changed three schools, and only in one there was a good physics and math teachers.

>he can't remember 1 liner formulas
You did good by not going majoring in any science. But forgot that cs still requires math.

What dumb nigger.

>>he can't remember 1 liner formulas
>What dumb nigger.

Attached: 1494307362168.png (447x352, 234K)

If your goal is to program for a living, transfer out of your CS program and into a college with a real software engineering program. CS is the liberal arts of the tech world.

Also, this.
A lot of clapistani colleges do this on purpose since retaking courses proves to be a reliable money maker. Blaming the victim for shit instruction and texts makes for easy revenue. Foreign gov'ts paying for kids tuitions will pay blindly as long as the kid eventually passes.

Attached: 1539053448160.jpg (387x354, 19K)

Pajeets can do that.
If you can't do that baby tier math you are worse than Pajeets.

There are times I really wish this place had a thumbs up facility.

Thanks Newton

>engineering
>not building anything
Looks like you wasted your time.

check out reddit

all this

>Does computer science
>Hates math
I'm just going to be straight with you: you're not going to make it.

>dude just derive all of mathematics from scratch on a 1.5 hour exam with 20 long-answer questions
Want to know how I know you don't have a degree?

Shoot him the moment he breaks into my house because I'm American.

>my math degree requires me to know basic math
Change majors if this is too much for you. Feminist dance theory is pretty light on math.

Half of those are just properties of linear operators

>cs is a math degree
>cs babies don't even take the first real math class that's not engineer tier number crunching (real analysis)

Don't get ahead of yourself kid. Most engineers take more math classes than the cs babies

you just used it retard

>People think it's hard

Attached: 1540658061395.gif (440x238, 1.71M)

Can you show if p3=(1+x^2, 5x, 33+x) is linearly independent? It might seem hard but if you already understand array manipulation you already understand the practical uses for linear algebra and you dont need to know linear independence because no one is going to present you data in that way. I get the feeling linear algebra is made more complicated than it needs to be just so Math majors can pretend they are important. I guarantee if you already know how to program you already understand high level math just not using the official terms and syntax.

Depends on the program desu. Some CS programs teach the same applied calculus (engineering calculus). It really depends.

Math isn't about memorization. Any half-decent professor will let you bring a sheet of notes or just give you the equations on the exam. I recently graduated in mechanical engineering I've never had to memorize any significant amount of material in any class I've taken.

>falling for the college meme

What about you actually learn and derive anything you need from the theorems brainlet faggot

same at my uni, fucking mathfags
even if you knew you should check and why the fuck must you write what you are using for solving it?

Did you read the OP, sweetie?

>mechanical engineering
No you didn't. Any non-laughable school would give you the formulas or let you take a sheet and the professor would also laugh in your face if you actually did like some sort of peabrained mongoloid because you shouldn't be reading through your mongoloid cheat sheet if you want to actually finish the exam on time.

>MUH CURVE
>U DUN HAVE TO FINISH ALL THE QUESTIONS

This is why America is going down the drain.
>mechanical engineering
You're lucky spoiled brats like you still get to enjoy the American job market for now, but it won't last.

how else would we get all this great modern software, weighed down with complex algorithms in place of simple data structures and predictable atomic functions? just think for a moment, where would the world be if university graduates didn't come along with complicated half-solutions to the problems last years graduates created?

memorizing it shouldn't be hard because you should understand what they actually mean and therefore how to derive it

Well it could be worse. I learned more from your image than a semester at college. Holy fuck it's awful how bad colleges are at teaching math.

Wtf engineering calculus isn't real analysis either holy shit

>tfw they had us memorize formulas in high school
it's kinda bullshit. i knew how to use them but i couldn't memorize all this shit. you weren't allowed to have notes for the final exam.

>"""memorize"""
never gonna make it

usually they put these formulas and notes in the back of the exam booklet so you get tested on your knowledge of the formulas and whether you really understand how they work and when to use them not just regurgitate them

Engineering math is bleh. I never enjoyed memorizing integral techniques.

Take something fun like linear algebra, abstract algebra or number theory. If your uni has it, optimization or lambda calculus.

I mean you're kinda right. Vector calculus is outdated shit and shouldn't be tought in this form anymore

But memorizing the fundamentals is a good use of time? You might as well be crying about having to memorize how to add 2 numbers.

*cracks* now THAT's what I call humor *sips*

Attached: 1530978999353.png (380x349, 70K)

Well his image is a summary of what they teach you, and I think colleges teach math pretty well (at least better than high schools in the US)