Can someone explain what these buttons do? I just finished a coding boot camp and never used them once

Can someone explain what these buttons do? I just finished a coding boot camp and never used them once.

Attached: 1200px-Insertpad.svg.png (1200x852, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_bar
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they did a lot more in older programs, and still do more in lower level programs.

also what does this mean | ?

Insert = What I do with my penis into your mom's pussy
Home = Where I go after fucking your mom
End = What you should do with your life
Delete = What you should do with your thread

>I just finished a coding boot camp and never used them once.

I don't know, but I can tell you they definitely don't get your money back.

Insert: inserts things.
Home: teleports you back to the basement.
Page Up: makes your printer print the right way up.
Delete: eats Dells.
End: kills you.
Page Down: causes your printer to throw things on the floor.

t.brainlet

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_bar

fuck off to r.eddit

weak b8

I use insert a lot in some terminals to paste from clipboard (linux) or from windows clipboard to putty (just an habit, guess ctrl+v works as well). I use del to easily remove comment symbols in configs/scrpits. Home and End are fast travel buttons on most of my webpages, Home for top page and End for bottom page. Same thing for Page Up and Page Down, in some terminal they are used to fast travel skipping X lines to the top or to the bottom. I also use them with a mod key to increase/decrease volume when I work with a kb without media keys

Attached: 1509432574609.gif (498x368, 1.98M)

I just literally pressed home button for the very first time and it took me to top of this page.
lol & wow

Attached: bb.jpg (680x680, 27K)

I use these keys all the time on my laptop for this.

Way easier than trying to grab the scrollbar, way faster than fingerscrolling with the touchpad.

I still don't understand the purpose of Scroll Lock.

the home button takes you back to the computers dashboard, I don't know what the other ones do though.

Attached: busted.jpg (488x358, 9K)

It was used extensively in DOS-based office programs and the like. They locked the scrolling (duh), so your cursor moved about the screen, instead of scrolling up and down (for example, in a word processor), and/or left and right (for example, in a spreadsheet). It's like the SysRq key: nothing uses it anymore, but just in case...

SysRq is useful.

>Insert
You press this before you insert a usb device. It turns on the unused USB ports.

>Home
When you turn on the computer for the first time, you press this button to tell Windows to use 'Windows x Home Edition' instead of office edition. This button is redundant in other OSes but it can't be remapped as it uses hardware level security to store the Windows Home edition product key.

>Page Up
This lets you manually feed a sheet of paper (often called a page) from the printer tray, up to the completed print job tray so you have a blank sheet of paper to write stuff on with a pen.

>Delete
You press this button if you want to write the word 'delete'.
Give it a try!

>END
At the end of the computer's life cycle you press this to end the life of the computer. It'll uninstall Windows and wipe the hard drive of you loli collection.

>Page down
This feeds the paper from the completed job tray on the printer to the paper feed tray.
This is there in case you accidentally press the 'page up button'.

Very good sir.
:applause.gif:

The only useless one here is insert and even then, some people use it.
>Insert
Dumb
>Home
Move cursor to the start of the line you're on
>Page Up
Moves page view up. It and Page Down are useful while reading PDFs (or anything really)
>Delete
Deletes the character to the left of the cursor, opposite of Backspace
>End
Moves cursor to the end of the line you're on
>Page Down
Opposite of Page Up

user these are all useful and I feel stupid knowing I was baited into a response.

>Deletes the character to the left of the cursor, opposite of Backspace
Are you from a RTL region?

Oh shit I have it backwards lmao

pgup and pgdn move a bit up or down, sometimes used for scrolling in a program. pgup scrolls in irssi, for example.
home goes to the beginning of a line, end to the end. also works in vertical stuff, like top and bottom of a webpage, or top and bottom of a directory of files. insert is the least useful out of these. delete is like backspace, but deletes forward instead of back, also used for deleting files in a file manager.

Are you too stupid to just press the buttons and see what they do?
You fucking retarded cunt.

>be in your loli folder
>press delete to see what it does
:ohshit.jpg:

>not using PIPE fucking daily

>Delete = What you should do with your thread
this really REALLY shouldn't have made me laugh

i don't know how anyone scrolls without them. how do i share a board with people who've never used it?

not knowing a pipe , what boot camp did you go html or something...

>Home: teleports you back to the basement.
lost

Jesus I've been using all of these since I was 16. Not trolling. I'm also an idiot who cannot even make a proper python program and never went to any computer class.

Like, OP, how do you remove files when viewing them in explorer?

How do you move through your text and sentences without Home, End, Ctl+side arrows, ctl+Home etc?

Do you scroll through hugeass documents with the mousewheel only?

Now I want to kill myself, I'm stupid enough to reply to a bait thread.

Attached: IMG_20181022_095010.jpg (3000x4000, 2.04M)

If you need to go to a coding bootcamp you're a lost cause already, wew lad.

Attached: 1483559873651.jpg (400x533, 67K)

I use Space and Shift+Space to scroll, or Home/End for top/bottom on really long pages.

Explain that key pls

Attached: Key_break.jpg (147x156, 5K)

Pauses the process.

The rightmost four are comfy for browing websites and scrolling through code. Delete is a forward delete, as opposed to backspace which deletes backwards, very handy. Insert is the one you sometime accidentally press when in your word processing application such that you overwrite instead of insert, you'll need this happen 2-3 times until you learn that pressing Insert again fixes it.

I mostly use those for text editing. Home and End will go to the First and Last character on a line, Page Up will scroll up and Page Down will scroll down. Insert will allow you to replace characters instead of inserting them, delete for the most part isn't used iirc

I will pause your computer, like if u want to take a break u press pause and it will pause i for u, i usually do this when i eat, it uses less RAM.

Some computers also have a return button for when u get back.

holy fucking kek

Break is just a keybind for pacman -Syyu

This

insert: the shittiest of the bunch. I think it lets you replace characters as you type. Pure garbage
delete: backspace, but in reverse
home: takes you to the beginning of a line or the top of a page, use shift to highlight everything behind your cursor or ctrl to the begginning of the paragraph
end: takes you to the end of a line or the bottom of the page, basically home, but in reverse
page up/down: scrolls through lines that you can't see, it's also garbage

delete > home/end > pageup/down > insert

I rebound these to multimedia keys (play/pause/next track/prev track/volume up/down)

CTRL + Pause/break quits the game sopwith

Page keys obvious
Home key yep
End key is used by games
Insert? The fuck?
DERETE

They're useless, their functionality should be rebound to keys closer to your home row.

Apple was forward thinking in doing away with this crap.

>see this post
>smash End 9999 times per second hoping for something
>still livin
>realize it was a fake news
Why do thou telleth ppl cruel lies over the interwebs?

pause pauses singleplayer quake1 iirc.

lol u tk him 2 da bar|?

>coding boot camp
end your life please

Attached: 1539825351456.jpg (960x720, 100K)

It's the default bind for pause state in several emulators.