With technology being compromised by the government more and more by the day...

With technology being compromised by the government more and more by the day, is it inevitable we'll approach a reality similar to that of 1984?

Attached: 1788282361.jpg (342x515, 29K)

we are already pretty much in a lesser version of 1984

The government is following 1984, while the populace is following Brave New World.

Quick rundown on 1984? I'm a zoomer

Id say were at about 1983

do the floss dance, faggot

Attached: zoomer dance.gif (931x682, 426K)

You are like a baby. Watch this

Attached: 1539050474560.1_1.webm (304x540, 1.04M)

We’ve made it close enough that we’ve exposed the main weakness in 1984’s thesis: we constantly produce so much useless noise that any sort of ubiquitous surveillance would be completely overwhelmed by it.

The fuck....google it faggot

Why should I google it if the brilliant anons on Jow Forums could give me a quick rundown?

Attached: 1516103077323.gif (652x562, 626K)

>The government is following 1984, while the populace is following Brave New World.
>quick rundown

Attached: huxley-orwell-amusing-ourselves-to-death.jpg (600x4742, 674K)

Cheers mate

Attached: 1538254538400.jpg (334x506, 42K)

It depends, right now we are heading to a civil war which result may lead to a 1984 dystopia
Political polarization, mob mentality, censorship, economic instability and a general sense of fear among the population
All we need is an evident act of violence, like the murder of a politician or a group of people, to make the bomb explode, making history repeat itself again
Since cold war the trend is to let the bloodbaths take place in 3rd world countries, tomorrow HUE election take place and the far-right candidate has already been stabbed, so entire SA may be a test ground to define the winning side, wathever the result is, govt will play a gigantic role in the morals of people

What could inevitably lead to 1984? Robot soldiers, those who hold the guns hold the power, military can take down governments in the span of a day, the difference is that soldiers and generals have always had free will (despite the existence of counter intelligence forces), but robots do not, soldiers can betray each other, robots do not, but we are pretty far from that right?

Attached: 1538102650774.jpg (660x906, 618K)

I would gladly give up privacy for more security. I trust the government knows what they are doing and are acting in my best interest. Stop being paranoid.

Fuck off.

>that any sort of ubiquitous surveillance would be completely overwhelmed by it.

Until you throw machine learning at it to sort it.

and in comes the retarded tripfag throwing aroud buzzwords he doesn't understand

I think that's accurate. I mean, that this is not even that far out, conceptually.

So, you're underage. Mods please ban. Thanks.

Using big words doesn't make you right when you postulate with the insight of a 12 year old.

We're closer to many other dystopian visions than 1984 or Brave New World. We have the NPCs of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, the so-called tolerance of the Chrysalids, and the self-hatred of That Hideous Strength.

Read a book, or if thats too much for you, see the movie youngun

>big words
lol

>It depends, right now we are heading to a civil war which result may lead to a 1984 dystopia

t. npc

Attached: sheep.jpg (650x488, 145K)

You truly are an idiot.

>far-left wins
Google + govt take over the world, censorship reigns and society will keep pushing themselves to become cattle
>far-right wins
Google change sides and offers the biggest human database to govt as a compensation, some will notice and civil unrest will rise

As long as big corporations exist theres no happy end

>As long as big corporations exist theres no happy end
As long as power is not concentrated in the hands of only one organization (govt or corp) we will be ok.

Proud boys and patriot prayer vs antifa articles in your facebook feed isn't the same as civil warfare.

Misplaced power is always bad

Kill yourself retard.
READ A FUCKING BOOK.

>cant detect sarcasm without voice inflection
user...are you older than 18?

Read the book, it's an easy read

>World's gone to shit
Well, what can we do about this?

Government is evil

beEduc473d!!!! instead of pretending to be competent on any it related subject. Machine learning by itself is not gonna "sort" shit. You know zero on speech recognition, neural nets (which again by itself is just a concept you ignore and spit out to fool other anons into thinking you know shit) or deep learning. , or you wouldn't type such bullshit of a post with the need to sign yourself on a anonymous board, you turboneet.

>PhD in machine learning