Intel on Defensive Again Regarding Chip Manufacturing Plans

t’s not that Intel can’t manufacture anything on this node; it’s been sampling 10nm chips for awhile now. It’s just that the yields have been too poor to warrant widespread commercial production. Apparently, the company’s 10nm Cannon Lake mobile CPU is shipping (in low volume) with its on-chip GPU disabled due to manufacturing issues that couldn’t be resolved. Devices that use this chip will require an external GPU
top500.org/news/intel-on-defensive-again-regarding-chip-manufacturing-plans/

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 052.png (672x794, 422K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=we2oePtTGMM
youtube.com/watch?v=a0vq-qRIZQA
anandtech.com/show/13194/intel-shows-xeon-2018-2019-roadmap-cooper-lakesp-and-ice-lakesp-confirmed
fool.com/investing/2018/10/26/intel-delivers-a-blowout-quarter.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1.7% strikes again

The manufacturing problems stem from the fact that as geometries shrink, the structures have become more three-dimensional, requiring more complex manufacturing steps. Also, wire resistance has increased, necessitating new materials and techniques. Intel has not made the transition to EUV (extreme ultraviolet) lithography, which could significantly reduce the number of masks required during manufacturing, but EUV has its own technical challenges and related costs. Intel has been quite conservative about moving EUV into its commercial processes and at this point, the earliest we expect to see the technology will be in its 7nm node sometime in the early part of the next decade.

7nm intel at some point in the next decade

holy fucking shit this is beyond hilarious

Intel losing its shit after ryzen launched season 1 episode 5

Attached: 44457843_1879989588808563_46082301846618112_n.jpg (480x640, 31K)

>Cannon Lake
isn't that shit DOA???

I'm waiting for Season 2 (aka Zen 2) to start.

Intel has GPU plans...
Intel GTX Woodscrews incoming?

Intel has basically been DOA since Broadwell/14nm was delayed/mostly cancelled.
They only got by due to no one else competing, until AMD came in and fucked their shit with a competent arch.

delid dis

this is not fair!

Attached: blacked.png (1228x1502, 944K)

10nm got to be one of the largest sunk cost fuckup in a history of precision manufacturing.

Attached: 10nm process illustrated.jpg (1000x541, 120K)

i dont even want to imagine how many refreshes intel would have given if amd didnt had ryzen..

14nm server CPU's will be refreshed until 2020 at least. nothing really changed, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=we2oePtTGMM

ded

saved

Attached: 1520722383103.jpg (400x460, 36K)

>10nm
uh huh, how many times has that thing been gutted already?

see

Attached: 1519176442274.jpg (480x480, 15K)

It will definitely go down in history as the biggest process node fuckup for Intel.

youtube.com/watch?v=a0vq-qRIZQA

>9900k no stock.

why doesn't intel just throw more billions of dollars at 10nm :)

anandtech.com/show/13194/intel-shows-xeon-2018-2019-roadmap-cooper-lakesp-and-ice-lakesp-confirmed
video already outdated. 10nm is 2020 now!

>cope lake

>oracle is buying ebyn.
it's over,
intel is finished.

>10nm is 2020 now!
Not exactly denying that to be the case, but the article is talking about Ice Lake, which is supposedly the second-generation 10 nm chips after Cannon Lake, and Cannon Lake is still "officially supposed" to be out for late 2019. Whether that turns out to be the case is a different question.

kek

Attached: 10nm.jpg (2560x1280, 1.18M)

if everyone even intel is talking about ice lake pretty sure cannon lake isnt a thing anymore

ahahahahahahha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>it's fucking nothing
>it's fucking nothing
>it's a fucking meme

Bravo, Intel.

>security mitigations
>Cope Lake (Emergency Edition)
>B(F)load16
>10nm
so many gems in 1 pic

Attached: 1538433130005.gif (222x554, 604K)

I think Intel's statement that they are currently spending a billion USD ramping up their 14nm node tells us all we need to know about the viability of their 10nm node. Intel CPU prices are currently inflated to the point here the i5-8400 will cost you twice as much as a Ryzen 5 1600 and these are comparable CPUs performance-wise. Intel's obviously got some serious production-issues. Would they be trying to solve these by throwing a billion USD into increased 14nm production if they thought they would be able to do volume on their 10nm node any time soon?

See
No 10 nanomemes until 2020. And whatever they deliver will likely be gimped to the point it's more like 12nm.

Superpower by 2020

INTLEL 10NM SUPERPOWER BY 2020
INTLEL GPU SUPERPOWER BY 2020

Super pooper by 2020

Yet AMD is sinking like a ship while intel keeps going up.

And then you zoom out.

Shh

Wow Intel really reached a new low with this

Attached: 6Million.png (1356x355, 73K)

>Shill delusions: the post

>No 10 nanomemes until 2020.
To be fair, this is nothing they haven't previously gone public with. They've already said 10 nm in 2019 for consumer products, and 2020 for servers.

Doesn't make it any better, of course, but it isn't news. (Doesn't necessarily make it true, either.)

>implying I don't have shares in AMD
Granted i sold at around 26 but I bought back in with the recent dip.

Attached: 1540724954354323724.png (3764x1540, 1.14M)

Because thay are appear to be cheapskates. They could've leveraged it with EUV, but no: it's too expensive, you guys are smart, make it happen.

>*NEW* Integrated graphics don't matter!

Attached: e0fdc70b38dd91b58b8b97693d3d9d07503a082399421d749073e9665d19a0ef.png (653x726, 84K)

based

Attached: 1539964418227.png (686x773, 74K)

>AMD shills who own AMD stock try to ramp up Intel's 10nm woes in a lame and futile attempt to manipulate the market
>its literally fake news
>AMD shills see AMD stock nuke itself instead
(lol

protip: bull market
prepare thy anus, inteltard

Attached: 1539298648901.jpg (808x720, 156K)

>I don't know how the stock market works
yes we can see that user

isn't the amd stock dog shit at the moment? What's gonna drive it up?

>dog shit
lol
AMD has their investor call on Nov 6 where they're going to disclose details on Zen2 and the rest of their 7nm parts.

>10nm mobile chip
>no iGPU
what's the point?

Where's the sales gonna come from? crypto is finished, intel has pulled every favor to keep costumers from buying epyc. I seriously doubt that the consumers will drive the sales despite amd having a better product

Who do you think you're kidding? EPYC has won significant marketshare, so have their consumer Ryzen parts. That trend isn't going to stop.

>EPYC has won significant marketshare
please link me I haven't been able to find anything that would suggest this.

My man, if AMD delivers EVEN a 5% increase in IPC and clocks with zen 2 intel is fucking done for.

A 8-core zen part at 3.9-4.5 (coffee lake equivalent of 4.1-4.7) will ruin intel and drive consumer demand for cooler higher performance zen processors through the roof especially with OEMs.

Attached: latest.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

AMD's financials, you absolute tard.

>crypto is finished
lmao get a load of this retarded nocoiner

>being this brainlet to not realize that Intel will pay for TSMC or Samsung's 7nm process and magically call it their own "10nm"

That would mean giving up to AMD.

AMD has no fabs, you really believe TSMC is on AMD's side?

Intel will never ask someone to fab their own high volume chips but its not uncommon to see companies shell out for licenses.

like i said, link me you stupid fuck, they mix their consumer and server numbers because they didn't make their sales numbers.

TSMC is bigger than Intel and is Apple's #1 bitch.
no way that's happening

>being this retarded and still desperately shitposting

>being a poo-in-loo weeb
kek life must be terrible

Attached: 1471396486391.png (578x691, 182K)

There is absolutely nothing in this image that isn't funny
>Cope Lake
ded

So AMD shills get paid to argue with Intel shills in the same thread?
Are some of you double agents, posting in the same threads for both sides?

I exclusively shill for whatever side isn't getting btfo. I was there talking smack about AMD when the fx housefires came out.

Form when we can expect Ryzen 3000?
I hope that in February, the sooner the better.

>those who dare speak down on the company of which I've pledged my allegiance must be shills for the enemy!
This is the definition of cope.

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>1771w cooler doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>Free RAID doesn't matter!
>NVMe RAID doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>IPC doesn't matter!
>7nm doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>HEDT doesn't matter!
>Stock coolers don't matter!
>Security doesn't matter!
>Games don't always matter!
>Enterprise doesn't matter!
>Hyperthreading doesn't matter!
>VMware doesn't matter!
>MySQL doesn't matter!
>Unix doesn't matter!
>Linux doesn't matter!
>Waffer yields don't matter!
>Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!
>Asian markets don't matter!
>Own fabrics don’t matter!
>Chipset lithography doesn't matter!
>Cray doesn't matter!
>Cisco doesn't matter!
>HPE doesn't matter!
>AZURE doesn't matter!
>*NEW* 5nm doesn't matter!
>*NEW* TDP doens't matter!
>*NEW* 10nm doesn't always matter!
>*NEW* Cache doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Integrated graphics don't matter!

This.
>yfw Intel and AMD have near identical IPC through identical fabs

Bribes are cheaper

amd drone here. I'm actually kinda sad about this. I've never even dreamed about this kind of incompetence. It means that everyone involved in making descision in the last 5 years at intel was only in for the money, the quick money grab that is. they could have continued to ride the jew train for another 15 years, but got too greedy in the end. pathetic.

ULTRA KEK. I'm in tears. thanks guys

Sales matter
fool.com/investing/2018/10/26/intel-delivers-a-blowout-quarter.aspx

10nm should be a writeoff at this point. The method they use sucks ass compared to EUV.

Honestly, I'll be surprised if Intel don't become a fabless company before they can even implement a sustainable 10nm. I reckon at this point they're just delaying news to investors.

They could go fabless if they split off their fabs. It'd be too much of a loss to just dump them.

Intel will never let their major processors be fabricated by a competitor, that would sink investor confidence to a new low. The meme that Intel will just send their i7s and i9s to TSMC to cuck AMD have no idea what the fuck they are talking about.

What they will most likely do is pay off TSMC, Samsung or even Global Foundries for licensing of their lithography. It will still take Intel no less than 12-18 months to work around that design for their own processor. That means if Intel paid off TSMC or Samsung today for their 7nm process we wouldn't see the i9 10900k until 2020.

The real redpill is that Intel's 10nm has been killed off years ago and the 10nm they are working now is vastly different from the original 10nm idea they had in 2014-2015. Intel still refuses to ride the EUV train but sooner or later they will be forced to invest billions into it.

>10nm is 2020 now!
dont forget, it's Q4 2020

as if tsmc will invest on a non euv process specifically for intel in the first place

Intel fabricates far more dense than anybody else you monkeys. You don't simply shrink 500mm^2 to under 100mm^2 overnight.

Intel's 10nm process that they originally outlined is less dense than TSMC's early 7nm. TSMC's 7nm EUV will further reduce die area by about 17%.
Traditionally intel held a large advantage in SRAM cell size, but they fell behind even there.

Now intels 10nm node has relaxed pitches and density is even further behind the rest of the industry. They've got nothing going for them right now in their foundry business.

What's stopping intel just hopping on TSMC and completely obliterating AMD?

everything is designed around Intel's fabs

Intel showing the entire industry that they have to abandon their own foundry business would send their stock plummeting.
Its also not like you can just send a design to any fab and have them make it over night. Their designs for their CPUs are modeled in software that contains design rules for a specific process. They would have to redo everything in order to port that over to another foundry, it'd be a year or more of intensive work.

I see, so they're really up shit creek without a paddle. I like it.
The only thing that depresses me is that normies and many GAYMURZ are so stupid that they'll continue buying intel even when amd overtakes them.

holy shit I would be dumping INTC stock right now

buy AMD you faggots they're going to kill Intel next go around

Brand perception is a hell of a thing. intel is the bigger brand name, the bigger company. Thats what matters to consumers. Consumers rarely make purchases based on objective data. People buy things largely because of how they feel about them.
You don't have to have the best product, or even a good product, you just have to make the consumer feel good about buying your product.

I bought a 6700 back when AMD was shit (Excavator sucked balls) and don't plan on upgrading for a couple years.

Anybody who updated to any of the last three series 7/8/9 are complete retardes if they came from skylake. If they bought a threadripper I can understand but Intel has been so far behind it's almost sad.

This is a case of Microsoft vs Apple, Apple always had the better product but it didn't matter because Microsoft already owned the business market's mindshare.

The government would never allow that, there's too much security bullshit surrounding Intel in CII compute and military applications for them to change fabs.

why doesn't intel just bribe the laws of physics?

They've been trying. The top Israeli Demon demanding 12 billion, but the head office hasn't approved their purchase order for that many foreskins yet.

You can't run processors at Intel's specification in 7nm... SoC comes first, then it trickles down - if it evers gets there, thia industry is coming to a screeching hault.

>You can't run processors at Intel's specification in 7nm
Yes, because intel's designs are built around their 10nm process. And intel's 10nm process has larger feature sizes than TSMC and Samsung's respective 7nm nodes.
Intel is behind them both on density in a significant way. They have no hope of being a competitive fab for the rest of this decade.

>AMD
LMAO

Attached: 1.jpg (1125x519, 124K)