Tech oligarchy is censoring all of its competition - what do we do?

animeright.news/tokumei/tech-oligarchy-deplatforms-gab/

Can we decentralize and promote the basic building blocks people are using? Can crypto replace payment systems? What about DNS and hosting?

Attached: gab-kaput-1600x863.png (1600x863, 891K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animeright.news
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the fediverse called and they say "we fucking told you so" 10 years ago.

Literally who? Some pointless site only used by people who are too autistic to just use fucking facebook?
Yeah, major loss for the community.

It doesn't matter who Gab was, what matters is that they can do this openly. And FUCK faceberg.

>Some pointless site only used by people who are too autistic to just use fucking facebook
Jow Forums?

>animeright.news

Attached: trashman.jpg (948x711, 27K)

Attached: 1540670594822.png (720x998, 73K)

lmao nobody uses facebook anymore grandpa

>Facebook is the norm
This is what a shill looks like. Facebook is dying.

literally just walk outside and plan your hate crimes face-to-face

If they are so important they should be able to handle themselves, shouldn't they? Why should they feel threatened because somebody cut their payment system, it's not like they shut them down or took their money.

>those with power want to keep it
shoker

maybe stop jumping from one fucking site to the next and just embrace something like mastodon so you arent bound to one server or hoster?

Attached: 223px-Mastodon_Logotype_(Simple).svg.png (223x240, 8K)

i don't like it but what do you want, for the government to swoop in like a fucking communist?

>i don't like it but what do you want, for the government to swoop in like a fucking communist?
You're a real piece of shit, regulation is needed here. You're the same kind of person who pushes net neutrality that benefits corporations but stands against neutrality that benefits the people.

fpbp and /thread
Stupid Jow Forumsfags should kill themselves and stop shilling non free as in freedom, free beer and free speech Jewish crap

What are you even trying to say?

why are conservatives so stupid? HOST. IT. YOUR. SELF.

How do you propose building a server capable of hosting 1 million users?

And for that matter, how do you propose getting a network uplink for it without that getting cut off?
Do you think there is no tech oligarchy problem?

Just the site? Sure. Now what are you going to do about any payment systems and the DNS entry? Because those will be next.

because Jow Forumstards aren't smart enough to use load balancers and tor hidden services.

gab would have a lot of potential as an instance

It's called GNU Social you stupid fuck
Also, you're so fucking dumb you can't comprehend the existence of alternatives to the Jewish dominated financial/DNS cartel
>DNS
OpenNIC you stupid fuck
>Payment system
Literally any crypto, Monero for maximum fungibility

Gab.ai is paid, proprietary, and actively censors speech that doesn't violate US law
Meanwhile alternatives that are FOSS, free as free beer, and basically impossible to censor have existed since before Gab.ai was launched, specifically GNU Social

>regulation is needed here
fucking commie

You're the communist, the tech oligarchy is a cartel and that's against capitalism
no one uses opennic
no one uses gnu social
crypto is too hard for people to use
None of that shit is a solution

> facebook
Don't talk to me or my user ever again.

Except OpenNIC isn't configured by default from most ISPs and these guys are trying to make something normie friendly.

Pushing services into obscurity is exactly what the SV tech cartel is trying to achieve.

>You're the communist, the tech oligarchy is a cartel and that's against capitalism
that IS capitalism

You're wasting your time, they are not interested in technology only their feelings.

"Everything must be easy and nobody is allowed to block us. If anybody proposes something that is harder than FB he's oppressing us. Fucking left conspiracy, they are making computers too hard! We fight for freedom and intelligence!!"

No it isn't, commie. That's neofeudalism. Anti-trust laws exist for a reason.

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance; Vigilance against those who would use their liberty to deprive others of their own. The tree of liberty must be refreshed, from time to time, with the blood of tyrants and patriots. A state is not needed to perform this bloodletting, but it can help, and it is just if it does.

Attached: wwOsfvq.jpg (1920x2343, 165K)

>let's keep promoting straight up scams and ignorance instead of educating people in extremely basic computer use
wew lad, no wonder no one takes Jow Forumsfags seriously
Based and repilled

>You're wasting your time, they are not interested in technology only their feelings.
That'd be your side.
>DEPLATFORM THE NON-BELIEVERS!!!!

>Everything must be easy and nobody is allowed to block us

If you want a service like gab to have enough users to be relevant and sustainable, then this is the unfortunate truth.

>calling others commies
>wanting the intervention of the state in any form
wew

>just create your own hosting service, DNS provider, payment system, and banking system
Wow you're right, it's actually really simple. I'm glad we don't live in a world where it's incredibly easy for a handful of companies to almost entirely deplatform someone.

Attached: 1524014731080.png (502x502, 287K)

I'm all for real, working solutions, how do you propose to educated the masses when you get deplatformed right away when you try to?

Intervention of the state is not communism you son of a bitch.

or maybe just don't host it in california like the gab fucktard did

Grassroot face to face communication, you fucking zoomer autist

Owner of the platform is allowed to do anything he wants. That's what "right-wingers" want, don't they? Anybody is free to create their own platform, some easily, others harder, but if people are actually interested, they will follow.

The problem of this alternative, freedom, whatever site clearly it that people are not feeling oppressed enough to compromise and learn something new. Hardly a population that will ever be able to accomplish anything useful.

>Just don't use the internet shitlord!!!!
>Make your own internet shitlord!!!
>If the government intervenes into tech communism, that makes it communism
These NPCs have some shitty software

Attached: 1538202395323.jpg (495x600, 242K)

wanting them to do something because the big boys are keeping you down is

>Owner of the platform is allowed to do anything he wants
If it was one guy sure. This isn't the case here, the action is being coordinated.
Cartels are illegal BTW.
>That's what "right-wingers" want, don't they?
Handing the internet to tech monopolies to own the righties.

you guys don't like gab because they don't like lolis, remember?

The alternatives already exist and are fully working, but you choose to promote the establishment crap instead of growing the alternatives
A true NPC, that can't believe or even try anything outside of his comfort zone

I know this is bait "I hope" but hot damn

Attached: dims.jpg (577x385, 64K)

>The problem of this alternative, freedom, whatever site clearly it that people are not feeling oppressed enough to compromise and learn something new.

These are deliberate ploys to push services into obscurity to make them less discoverable and severely limit their userbase, crippling them, and you're too dumb to see that. Why do you think Google had gab removed from the Play Store when any idiot can install an .apk directly?

>what do we do?
Make Trump strong enough so he can solve the problem.

Attached: 1532526588161.jpg (1024x730, 293K)

You are claiming to fight establishment, but can't even a form a means of communication without it? Good luck, I'm sure you will be successful.

Use the fediverse, GAB was always just full of NPC's

Because they don't want to be associated with the Gab.ai management and userbase due to PR reasons
Orfox and Orbot are in the Play Store, they're much more dangerous to the establishment than Gab.ai has ever been

Fuck off Jow Forums
t. user of decentralized open source services

Loli-hating Jow Forumstard-infested shithole getting what was coming to them.

>Trump
>making anything that could hurt jews

Why should a Google be accommodate your opinion freely when it might hurt them without any gain? It Google a state-owned or what? If you wish to fight something don't accept the rules that are in direct violation of what you are fighting for.

>deplatform people you don't like
>get deplatformed
>whine about it
lmao @ alt-right babies

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 6.30.39 PM.png (1200x604, 148K)

Why not move shit over to the i2p network? Would bring tons of people and attention to the project which would probably help a lot on further development.

Also, nobody can stop you there, period.

imo once you leave the clearnet you've already lost, i'm not convinced Jow Forumstards are being stifled significantly though, just that hosting anything the least bit controversial is harder than you think

Clearnet needs to die anyway. Case in point, tech oligarchy censorship.

>I2PTunnel is currently used to let people run their own anonymous website ("eepsite") by running a normal webserver and pointing an I2PTunnel 'server' at it, which people can access anonymously over I2P with a normal web browser by running an I2PTunnel HTTP proxy ("eepproxy").
Reminder that telling people "just change all your settings to access this one thing" isn't a viable solution

You lost because nobody was interested enough to follow in the first place and nobody committed to the cause. For these people it's a way to spend their free time by sharing their opinion and feel validated that the opinions is heard by like-minded people. This is true for all the sides in this conflict. Barely anybody cares what the output is as long as they themselves can feel important.

Obviously, telling google to "just change your settings to allow everybody to access this one thing" is also no go.

It's actually super easy (ask the spammers and cryptolockers); Jow Forumstards are just really that retarded and technologically inept. Gab, which apparently involved a guy searching for 'twitter clone' on github and installing the first result on a shared webhost, was about their absolute upper limit.

Is running a normal webserver and pointing the ports to the i2p router hard or something? I did it once. Didn't see much difference to how it works with clearnet.

>juan in brazil can figure out how to set up 2girls1horse dot biz
>conservashits can't run a shitty link aggregater

>mfw gab gets dabbed on

>2girls1horse dot biz
So wait, what does the other girl do? I'm having problems picturing this.

>Loli banned by gab
>Shooter liked loli
>Shooter destroys a synagouge
>Gab banned off internet
LOL

Never heard of that site before. Seems like a perfectly legit and accurate site judging by their reporting.

As for GAB, they should have had a plan. One thing that's possible and not that hard is to have multiple hosting providers & just use one as a public-facing IP range. Them pulling the plug means you change DNS settings and who cares, it's nothing. The costs of paying for 3x the servers you're using and need is expensive, I know. But it does mean you can have two ISPs ban you in short order and still have a working site (while you find two other backup services).

The alternatives can get easily destroyed if payment processors say "fuck you" and pull the rug from under them. Same goes for domain registrar.

If you get out of your comfort zone, you would know this.

So which of these guys do you hire to set that up?

Attached: polmeetup.jpg (3600x2400, 807K)

The one who is qualified regardless of what they look like.

Oh and the guy on the left side and the guy on the right side look quite presentable.

You have more choices that ever. Some that are even used by actual criminals. Go fuck yourself.

most acoustic website ive seen this month jesus christ

And yet they get the rug pulled from them whenever there is anything discussed that might make big establishment groups nervous. Yes, there are platforms that support even convicted criminals but that is because they are not seen as a threat.

In fact, certain groups like the KKK can have their websites and platforms since they get used as controlled opposition to help poison wells.

Not sure how I'm supposed to care about some right-wing twitter alt full of psychos and retards that want the right to yell on someone else's lawn.

Attached: 1423095467640.gif (500x700, 1018K)

They all look exactly like the sort of people who would be responsible for setting that up.

or don't pick a host that terminates without notice, if it's in the terms they are liable

AFAIK no Mastodon instance relies completely on payment processors, and most (if not all) accept crypto
They aren't, just look at cripplechan for traditional image boards, the decentralized alternatives have zero need to rely on payment processors, or even traditional hosting

Please tell me how are "they" going to take down i2p, tor, crypto-currency or numerous other decentralized chat platforms that already exist. You are just brain-dead retard who want to feel like he's fighting, but is unwilling to learn or do anything that could help him to achieve the end.

Do any hosts offer terms to small businesses where they can't terminate service at a moment's notice due to some extremely broadly-defined TOS violation?

And yet here we are

Everybody ever will have a clause to terminate a service immediately. In fact if the law is violated, they will probably have to.

obviously a contract doesn't override doing something illegal

>giving power over the internet when you don't know if you'll have it in 2 years
You're not very bright, are you?

This is good. Right wing Nazis are anti-progress and anti-technology. They need to be run off the internet.

getting on tor and i2p requires more skill than average people have. making sure there's little to no information about those services is enough. you can be sure there will be some kind of action if a discussion forum or something on tor or i2p becomes big enough to pose a threat. there are ways to go after these such as cutting your internet connection if you run a tor node.

Fighting anything already requires more skill than average people have, that point is moot. Mob will not help you if you can't establish a powerful core. You need a means and power to fight seriously, using what your opponents "controls" was never an option. There are simply not enough people who sees your problems as their problems and not even people who hold the same opinion are caring enough to go out of their comfort zone and leave social networks. If you wish to go beyond that and change a society, you'll have to do more that cry about Google removing you from search list.

If you hold no power, have no reasonably good leader and represent an opinion that nobody really cares about you have far bigger problem than being limited to underground chat rooms.

There is no such thing as right wing nazis

Just mental spooks and ghosts you've been conditioned to be scared of.

At least he isn't one of those "I don't like it so fuck everyone else" shitbags that infest the Internets.

Torba deserves what happened to him. But that doesn't mean this shouldn't concern us all.

>If you hold no power, have no reasonably good leader and represent an opinion that nobody really cares about you have far bigger problem than being limited to underground chat rooms.
Or maybe a group of people being limited to underground chatroms is the reason why their message is unable to get out and permeate the collective conscience of our society. I agree completely with the rest of your post. The current "alt-right" Richard Spencer movement was doomed to fail from the start. The ideas put forth by them are simply too raw and unrefined, in addition to their public exposure being too recent, and there disclosure being controlled by the existing power structures. However if these emerging groups are not allowed to express their opinions themselves in a public manner and their ideas are instead presented by those in power in as a warped, flanderized version of what they really are, how can they ever hope to grow? When some mentally ill man who goes and shoots up a synagogue is publicly presented as a primary representative of your ideas, how can honest debate and thought ever occur? Sites like Gab are the answer to this. Instead of crying about twitter and google censoring them, people went and started up their own platform. Even still, this was not enough. The corporations who handle payment processing, and own the underlying infrastructure pulled the plug.

I think the only answer to this is to treat the internet as a public utility, both for ISPs and for hosting providers. Not doing so will only create more ideological echo-chambers like Jow Forums, where far away from the shining light of honest public discourse people are radicalized and made to think the only way they can publicly express themselves is through violence

*the're

>I think the only answer to this is to treat the internet as a public utility
This

>why should i have to bake the cake?
>host my website reeeeee

>Connect up my phone line
>I don't want to, I don't like how you use your phone
ISPs, DNSes and cloud services must be neutral or be treated like utilities.

Attached: 951E4EAB-CAD7-490C-9EE4-993677FD572D.jpg (720x480, 81K)