Is this a meme or worth learning about?

is this a meme or worth learning about?

Attached: 1520270135165.png (219x179, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sE67bP2PnOo
youtube.com/feed/subscriptions
docs.julialang.org/en/v1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is a meme, just lern python.

Personal experience is each time it managed to raise interest, it turned out to be extremely shallow. But maybe it'll fit you. You can definitely make things that work using it.

Python is better

yeah

Fuck, I need to learn that for a course in my uni. I wish it had a nice type system.

>forced to use julia

Why

what do I need to learn to just make simple as fuck GUI for open source software? (like megatools)

I want to make normies use more OSS and every simple thing requiring a line of command is not helping adoption

>Fuck, I need to learn that for a course in my uni.
youtube.com/watch?v=sE67bP2PnOo

>dynamic typing

>dogshit slow and dynamic typing

Attached: MEOW.jpg (480x640, 60K)

elaborate.

You'll need more than a video to learn me, baby (;

For numerical analysis course. The professor is a hipster that even made the site for the course on goddamn google sites and I had to tie my student email with my phone number because apparently that's required for google accounts now (could've used my personal mail as well).

I hate tutorials on youtube in general (because it's so easy to make shit content and upload it there), but I'll give it a try s-since it's from you user

>less than 700 views
user you are obviously shilling your own video

it's nicely done tho

>go to youtube.com/feed/subscriptions
>see something on the top of my list
>screenshot it
OH NO SHILL!!!!

tk, it's included in the base python install

This.

Dynamic typing is slower. You could make a type checker to ensure some properties of the program but you can't get rid of dynamic type checks even if you're sure your program is correct. And most of the time you won't even have the type checker in a dynamic language (I think Julia has some type-checking?). With static types you can implement dynamic typing by simply defining a type that includes all types that you want and doing explicit checks. If your language is nice enough you might even factor the explicit type checks out (with macros in the worst case).

Speed is one thing, but the worst part about dynamic typing is that it's a neverending source of subtle bugs and makes larger codebases ultrashitty to work with. I really thought we were past this with all the shitty dynamic object oriented languages of the 90s and 00s, but yet again here we are...

Julia Doc is very nice if you know other language.
docs.julialang.org/en/v1

>hurrr muh dynamic typing
Autism is tragic. Python compiles itself the first time you run anyway, so it's only slower the very first time you run some shit, faggot

dumbass