Why is Intel doing so well?

Attached: 1509917688239.png (619x581, 295K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/intel/comments/9rcbdw/9900k_5ghz_runs_cool_on_air/
semiaccurate.com/2018/10/29/more-details-about-amds-rome-cpu-leak/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they make the best processors in the world.

People actually buy Intel instead of shilling people to buy for it on Mongolian cave drawing boards and other tech news sites.

>security holes
>shit architecture that can't be upgraded beyound 14nm
>people too stupid to care

Same answer to "why apple is doing so well" and "why people still use ms windows" and many other questions.

It just werks

Thank you, rajesh. 2 rupees have been deposited.

Because inflated margins and planned shortages to keep rising margins.
Because of heavy "muh Gayms" marketing.
Because apple has been selling more computers.
Because the ultra portable market has no current competition yet from amd.

>bribing the supply chain
they are known to "reward" sales people if the sell more intel hardware. they even give massive discounts to entire market chains to simply include an big "intel ad with logo and chime" 3 seconds ad after a tv/internet ad for that market chain

insert that picture of a sales rep intel merchandise and copy because i dont currently have it

Because nobody buys desktops (only enthusiast builders), and Ryzen mobile has had minimal market penetration. So there you go. People only buy Surface and Apple books, which are all Intel.

>le bribe meme
Except Yuros have been shilling AMD so hard and are seething they can't buy Intel at normal prices in their region.

No one is bribing anyone, Intel CPUs sell like pancakes and people only buy AMD when its the only option.

There's this retarded notion that permeates intel as being better for gaymes
Which roughly translates to intel getting 10 more FPS in full hd

because amd is always been the shitty cpu poorfag buys

this basically

Is that even after all these problems, their competitors are somehow worse.

They are literally bribing people. Stop spreading lies.

Attached: 1538522957197.jpg (2083x1405, 462K)

TIL perks and bonuses = bribes

>raise prices
>fire 30% of employees
>don't innovate but continue to use old technologies (14nm for 6 years now so there is no money being thrown at research and development)
>get more profit

Microsoft also just posted their highest quarter in history. Satya Nadella did the same thing. Windows 10 Home was raised from 99 bucks to 139 bucks aswell

>Windows 10 Home was raised from 99 bucks to 139 bucks aswell
fucking bullshit

just use hwid.kms38.gen.mk5

>I'll give you $100 if you look the other way officer
>don't worry it's just a perk for looking away not a bribe

Cuz only hobos use AMD.
Industry standard software favours Intel architecture as programmers program and optimize for Intel, resulting in businesses preferring Intel.

Intel and Intel hardware providers also can afford to have massive tech support teams for customer support and trouble shooting.

Businesses have massive budgets set aside for hardware and cares less about what the current "Deal" is but rather ecosystems, back end support and company stability. They plan out hardware rollouts years in advance, and tend to choose hardware conservatively, favoring familiar hardware.

1 or 2 gens of one off wonders don't sit well with businesses.

Game makers complain that it's hard to get AMD to send support staff while Nvidia sends out teams of support staff for optimization.

>people only buy AMD when its the only option
>mfw I purposefully went AMD even though intel are available in my region at relatively reasonable prices

Attached: adolf rave.gif (240x287, 277K)

Consistent quality products.
Literally 0 competition in the desktop market.
Pretty obvious imo.

Yes, that is a totally analogous situation! Except it is not.

Wow, excellent strawman.

as it turns out, Jow Forums memes are just Jow Forums memes

>why is intel doing so well?

Massive shilling, lots of "muh gayman" advertising, Apple only uses Intel processors.

This is the answer.

unules you have stock or an employee you prolly should dedicate your weekend to something else.

Market indifference. People are lazy and stupid. Better the devil you know syndrome.

NPC's gonna NPC

Brand perception, and intel still being tangibly better at games in CPU bound scenarios like high refresh rate.

Intel has 90% of the server market cornered, and when you sell 28-core server chips at $10,000 each, you end up with a lot of money.

>intel releases massive security vulnerabilities for their own processors
>industry cucks now have two chioces switch to epyc or keep their contracts w/ intel and buy the next gen

10fps is the difference between stuttery 134 and buttery 144

Their 6-core laptop parts are amazing. 3.9ghz on all 6 cores.

The newest 8c i9 are reaching 5.2ghz while amd struggles to hit 4.2ghz. This is what we dreamed of a few years ago, the high IPC of mainstream and the versatility of HEDT.

Their mobile/cellular department must be doing pretty good since iphone uses Intel modems.

Enterprise/HPC they are still undefeated. Apparently ryzen is incompatible with a lot of the data center infrastructure and software incompatibility is a huge issue.

People only buy amd based on emotions.

same, USA here and full ryzen builds everywhere.

Stock market results are lagging indicators. I don't know if you're old enough to remember NOK exhibiting their best results when iOS and Android were well into their irreversible upward trends. Look where NOK is now.

While I don't wish NOK's fate on INTC, I do hope that they are eventually cut down to size where they see AMD, NVDA, MU, QCOM and others as their equals.

Attached: 2.jpg (500x668, 124K)

Yes, they are. Any serious company will explicitely forbid their employees to receive anything more than a fucking bic pencil.

>and software incompatibility is a huge issue
>on AMD64
fuck off shill.

>Why is Intel doing so well?
RETARDED PEOPLE STILL HAVE SOME MONEY

Attached: UPGRADE2010.png (836x768, 17K)

I own some Intel stock. (After the athlon came out, I owned some amd stock, so don't give me too much shit)

As I see it, Intel controls the future. Their big xeons with avx512 can hit say like 30% the perf of a GPU, and they are general purpose too. The cross bar is excellent, and they are setup to integrate FPGA computation if it really makes sense. Amd does have a great integer CPU core, but they don't seem to have any of this super wide vector stuff in hand, and given how long it has taken Intel to take larenbe (sp) to this state, it does not look easy.

Finally, although I have not messed with it yet, it looks "easy" to use wide vector extensions with ispc. The spmd programming model can be mapped over SIMD.

Finally, they keep improving their integrated graphics. I have looked at buying some of the amds with integrated graphics, but there is no opencl on Linux. Intel has it. Wtf amd. I also think Intel's Linux drivers are as good or better than amds.

Brand name. People won't just suddenly start buying amd (10% of the market) because intel has slightly weaker CPUs.
Also lets be honest modern CPUs are fast enough for 90% of the population. To them it doesn't matter if Internet explorer loads a page in 0.00000001 seconds vs 0.0000001 second.

kys freetard

Why is Jow Forums always wrong ? Thirdworlders shouldnt be allowed to post here

>all those "INTEL IS DEAD BUY AMD" posts on Jow Forums over the last weeks
>Intel soaring
OH NO NO NO NO

Just rangeban India and you'll see the amount of AMD threads basically go to zero.

Attached: 778878787.jpg (330x319, 70K)

The human eye cant see more than 24 feets per second

They're cooking the books to dupe investors. It's their last move they have left. They know AMD is doing much better.

Attached: 4563548343253.png (653x726, 34K)

Chromebooks and other laptops

Oh and those embedded chips in every single fucking thing on the planet.

>fire 30% of employees
Bullshit, it was 25% and even that is not true, it was literally made by a Jow Forums user who coincidentally is also an AMD fanboy

>brand loyalty

Attached: 1540724954354323724.png (3764x1540, 1.14M)

I like how only poos and chinks buy intel anymore

Attached: 1540580490676.png (1024x619, 425K)

>building new gayman pc this weekend at my friends house
>shit talking intlel which he is a fan of
>eventually explain the reasons why I chose AMD in the end
>the next day hes asking me questions about threadripper for his planned new build
Feels good to shill for free irl

Attached: 1539392261419.png (554x400, 305K)

intel captures virtually all of the profit in a machine. Go look at a laptop at best buy, say $400. Of the profit to be made in the supply chain of that laptop, intel has captured between 80% and 95% of it with their one single component. That's because the rest of it is commodity trash and only the CPU is really value added

reddit.com/r/intel/comments/9rcbdw/9900k_5ghz_runs_cool_on_air/
>It didn't boot at 5.1ghz, but I didn't try various settings to get it to work yet. After 30 min prime95 tortue test with AVX offset 0, I'm happy with it for now. The only thing not working is my cheapo addressable LED strip. Yes, I took that screenshot before it ran for 30 min, but its 40 minutes now and nothing has changed.
That's from reddit. There are many posts like this, saying the 9900K runs cool

Attached: sypo1h0rmwu11.png (2549x1393, 1.09M)

Brand name and sheer momentum right now but if Intel keeps messing it up. It'll lose it.

The majority of the enterprise/SMB sales were committed long before Meltdown/Spectre debacle came into light. The mobile market is still dominated by Intel solution due to the ubiquity of iGPUs. Ryzen Mobiles barely arrived at the scene.

F1000 companies who are in an upgrade cycle are already just testing/proving Epyc systems, once they pass without any major issues. I suspect they will make the jump.

The impact of 10nm woes and Meltdown/Spectre will not become apparent until 2019-2020.

There's a reason why Brian got axed and some major shareholders have jumped ship. They play the long-game and they don't like Intel's current prospects on that.

>gayman
>TR
not really worth it unless he's playing at 4k. does he need that many cores?

It surely happend like the Holocaust in my mind

Intel has market power.
>pay off sellers to give then a better reputation.
Any normalfag this Intel is the apple of computers and a higher number is better.

People know whim Intel is, they don't know what and is.
Even with the death of PC, Intel has market themselves as the go to.

idk I'm still using a i5 2500k

>Why is Intel doing so well?
They fired Brian

He plays at 4k while having twitch streams playing on a second monitor, and he also streams himself from time to time. He actually found the TR suggestion through his own research, I think I just put the idea in his head that it was okay to consider a processor that was Intel (tm)

good work rajeesh, have 2 rupees

Anti-competitive practice and payola.

>4K
>Streaming
Why not just buy a capture card lmao. Especially on streams every frame counts.

k...keep me posted

But he didn't shill AMD, m8.

Sandy Bridge was based and the last innovative Intlel product
t. Ryzen

I'll suggest it to him, but his fiance is expecting to get his old card when he upgrades so I wont be able to sell him on keeping the old card too

This but completely unironically.

Intel has lied, cheated, bribed, and stolen their way to the top from day 1 so you can rest assured they do the same to stay there.

Will do my man

>But if you want to take your gaming to the next level, consider an unlocked Intel® Core™ i7 K SKU processor.

Attached: 1495491325286.jpg (541x498, 42K)

You thin intlel wants them to pronounce the (R)?

People like vulnerable, poorly engineered architectures.

Dumb Irish boomers in the CIA will keep buying "da Z-ons" no matter what.

Attached: image(1).png (370x375, 207K)

>semiaccurate.com/2018/10/29/more-details-about-amds-rome-cpu-leak/
ANYONE CAN SEE THE FULL ARTICLE?
need muh subscribtion

>intel has slightly weaker CPUs.
but they are slightly stronger for gaming

Explains why everyone here shills them.

Yes please, we would get rid of the Android users too.

Indian and Jow Forums invaders.

Foundries everywhere but China.

More like Jow Forums kiddos are /v/ kiddos.

AMD doesn't have Indian employees, meanwhile 70% of the employees at Intel at Indian.

Learn English, Pranjeet.

Attached: 1539735753283.jpg (1500x1164, 369K)

incredible marketing to gaymer faggots and corporations being afraid of AMD

Yeah ok Rajeesh

Attached: 1536335834964.jpg (1200x725, 435K)

Didn't they just launch a new arch? It would be pretty sad if they didn't get some sales.

They haven't released new arch in 10 years. And this one is not only old arch, it's basically the same system, a skylake rebrand.

>when your 10 year old rerererefresh is still 10% faster than AMD
mark my words they will bring out another refresh before 10nm and it will match zen 2

Faggot

Intel gave up on 10nm if rumors are true.

intel is switching to TSMC 5/7nm node

ah yes i forgot about the "perks and bonuses" of pushing another company's merchandise over their competitors
especially when those "perks and bonuses" come from outside your employer!
totally not a bribe user! :^)

Good
This will take them a solid two years at least, if they can secure any factoty volume.
Wake me when they report the tapeout

>Wake me when they report the tapeout

Attached: 1517683695729.png (1827x1147, 2.28M)

You should also ask if Dell is doing just as well or does if it does have a worst quarter in its 50-year history?

Yes but i was talking about the immaginery intel chips.

>says 30 minutes
>posts screenie only 11 minutes into the test