Pick up items

>pick up items
>no scanning at all
>can put items in wrong spot and it still works
Is this going to kill retail wagies?

Attached: amazon-go-badge.jpg (970x728, 133K)

You realize the cashiers aren’t the only people that work in brick and mortar stores, right?

Im sorry but who legit thought this would be a good idea? Literly i would not buy from there.

>cameras covering every inch of the store at every angle
>facial recognition to see who is picking up the items
>amazon will have a list of every single thing you buy
Like yikes Scoob. The NPCs will probably embrace this sort of thing though.

beats interacting with the ups guy

>pick up that can

Attached: boston.jpg (1300x867, 98K)

you don't do the grocery shopping so who cares lol

>Is this going to kill retail wagies?

I hope not, seeing cutie cashier grills is the highlight of my day.

Attached: 1532309410165.jpg (516x384, 23K)

How do you pay in cash?

How do you pay without your purchase history being sold to data brokers?

This

Does the average consumer use cash?

Does the average consumer care about the privacy of their metrics?

Not that I like the idea.

you don't
and I'm pretty sure Amazon doesn't sell their customers data to third-parties, they just use it for themselves

I've always wanted a grocery store where other customers couldn't inconvenience me by arguing over coupons with cashiers. This is a welcome improvement.

>How do you pay in cash?

You go to a CoinStar machine in advance and convert it into Amazon credit.

When it goes mainstream, this thing is going to turn into an arms race between professional shoplifters and Amazon.

Perhaps the Mark of the Beast is a logo of an Apple with a bite taken from it, much like that depicted in the book of Genesis, when Eve ate of the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden of Eden?

Attached: haxan-witchcraft-through-the-ages.gif (390x463, 417K)

Now you know why Amazon has done some much research into face recognization.

No point in shoplifting, if they know who you are, and just add it to your bill.

Well I prefer it since I get to avoid that annoying cashier that tries to make conversation with every customer.

>shoplifter walks in with mask and large bag
>shoplifter fills the bag up
>shoplifter then sells the product for less than Amazon

Attached: IMG_20181009_191824_503.jpg (640x640, 32K)

>wears mask

if these ever take off, they'll just be shut down eventually for being racist since they'll never open them in low income areas.

you need to scan your phone or amazon card in order to enter the place

>you don't
Sorry, my state requires all business take cash.

Still has to be restocked.

ive worked retail before and i pray to god that automation and things of that nature take over at some point my dude it needs to its time for the future to come already i want my universal income so i can finally become a neet

No, they scan your foreskin scar. No two are alike.

how do they link a face to a newly created amazon account/card?

you can already do this shit at any old grocery store sans not scanning items.

You walk into the store, place is covered with hundreds of cameras

i don't have a scar on my foreskin

robots will kill all work
life of leisure
"you had to do what?"
"scrub shit and..."
"really?"

>you need to scan your phone or amazon card in order to enter the place
Tyrone can jump those little gate things easier then jumping a turnstyle at the subway. Besides I am sure they push open with enough force. You can't trap people in a building.

Sorry, only good goys allowed in Amazon stores. Uncut white devils must shop elsewhere.

It will kill petty mall ninjas. I won't miss the days of having to ask for things because they got moved behind a counter.

so if you wear a realistic mask and use a new account and mask every time you can probably get away with theft every now and then

They'll all move to the Amazon store because there will no human beings to stop them

You could probably do that now but you don't.

The tech:
-sensors monitor the shelves and products
-cv and deep learning recognizes customers and their product choices
-smartphone app ties customer to account and is scanned upon entry

$1 million worth of tech for a 7-11 sized store. They ran into problems with large number of customers, customers who are built like other customers and kids putting products on different shelves. They want to have small stores that offer limited stock to try to beat out convenience stores and then eventually have large stores that can beat grocery stores. The goal is 3000 stores nationwide by 2021, but they wanted 20 stores by now and have less than 10. It's not the end of the world for the working class, but it's the beginning of the end.

OK and whats stopping him from doing it now? Legally speaking your ability to restrain a person is quite limited in most places and even in places where there aren't much limits, it's still probably a dumb fucking idea to try and take them on.
>robber steals shit
>you tackle them
>robber takes out gun
>shoots at you
>misses somehow
>hits shopper
Not a good look and you just opened up yourself to a civil suit.

There will come a time when the average or below man has nothing to sell.

>brb buying into rfid blockchain walton coins

Yea, this is objectively false. Go work in a bloomingdales or nordstrom. Millionaires literally buy rackfulls of $300 jeans. Some stores even have employees that exist solely to pick clothes for a specific richfag

you forgot the cost of tattoos

so what's stopping niggers from rushing in, taking everything, and then running out?

They're going to park your mom's fat ass by the door. Any niggers will become meme by the sight of such a fat, white, whore and forget about looting. Your mom already fucks niggers for free, so at least now she's going to get paid for it.

What the hell makes you think the fucking bag boys were the ones stopping them before?

Attached: 1528577173552.png (1280x720, 673K)

The point isn't that it's going to replace every single worker. The point is it'll replace a significant portion of them.

You don't need to kill every job to collapse a society. If you can scrape off 10 or 20% (which means your unemployment increases 10 or 20%), that's enough to destroy a country.

Your comment bothered me because a lot of people think that "automation only matters if every job disappears" but that's just not true. You don't need anywhere near every job to disappear for bad shit to happen.

>Does the average consumer use cash?
Sometimes.

Customer walks into store. Puts on mask, takes off sweatshirt. Appears to algorithm as completely different person. Puts items in bag. Walks out door.

If every single job was automated, there wouldn't be any collapse, because machines would be providing goods and services for everyone.

The day you started your Amazon prime account was the day you really said you wanted to become the botnet all along, isnt it though?

I truly thought you of all people would understand.

Attached: godzilla-city-on-the-edge-of-battle-image016-1531183375585_1280w.jpg (800x450, 36K)

I cant wait for the first shooting in one of these stores.

It's almost equivalent to shitposting online vs talking shit in person.

>mask has RFID tag
>You bought it on Amazon

>How do you pay in cash on Amazon.com?

This will further weaken and empovarish Americans while only benefiting Amazon.

>Offers no employment
>Robots aren't taxed
>More profit for company while denying income for citizens
>Robots aren't taxed - meaning they don't contribute to the country in any way
>Removes employment for youth

You walk into a store. The store is run by machines. The products were brought there by machines, harvested by machines, etc... They cost almost nothing to produce, but they still cost money to buy. There are no jobs because robots replaced everything, so no one has any money. Also, everyone still has debt. That never went away, just your ability to pay it back.

>because machines would be providing goods and services for everyone.
Why do you think the owners of the machines, the owners of the mines, and the farms, and the factories, are just going to give you the things they produce?

Really, I'm serious user. Why do you think you'll just be handed that for free?

At the time of entry, the physical person is assigned/mapped to the account used to sign in. It doesn't matter what you are wearing or who you are, simply that a person used the app to get in and there is a card associated with that app.

You could get away with shoplifting if you simply jump over the gate, take what you want, jump back out. However, these stores are in office buildings surrounded by 2 amazon employees at any time and building security...also the cameras.

You can't buy tobacco, liquor, or lotto...so...regular convenience stores aren't going anywhere soon.

So if nobody has income, how will they pay income tax?

You think corporations will let America increase corporate tax? No. They own your government.

Robots won't be taxed. But they will take the place of a worker, who may need social support because his job gone.

No tax income, more drain on an already poor, homeless, divided American people.

This is all true

Solution? Give free money to the poor people who can't find work.

We'll have to increase taxes on the working people to compensate of course.

Not on the corporations though ; )

Who do you think runs Amazon dipshit? It's other Americans.

What a dumb comment.

A handful of people run Amazon. Rich people.

Funniest thing of all is that many people who work for Amazon are in need of welfare and are on food stamps. Those rich people don't earn minimum wage, dipshit.

Some work is actually enjoyable

Assuming the robots' owners decide to share. Which they almost certainly won't.

The robots don't care about money. They do it for nothing.

The robots would be their own owners. Society would be run by an AI that uses machines to provide for humanity.

>tfw even dollar stores get constantly robbed and have to close or move
How ghetto do you have to be to rob literal dollar stores. I swear, letting minorities get away with crimes is just welfare 2.0

See atleast two "retail wagies" in the picture
Your argument is kilt

DED
Used to work at Amazon definitely not like this.

Yes they want you to work, but that's because they want you to have a career with them.
Their benefits, pay, stock compensation and 401k match was the best I've had in an entry-level job
If you want to make more money or executive pay, buy the stock at the discount, sell it - that is what separates them from you. They participate in the market, you complain that you need more equality.

How does Warren buffet have over $64b and has never made over $100k salary? Stocks and market participation..

People own the robots. They do care about money, and they won't give you anything for free.

The law - police, killbots, drones, military, intel agencies, are all on their side, because their side has money and your side does not. You will be a slave, to be toyed with, culled, and treated like dogshit for no more reason than the amusement of the owners, and you'll be told this is a good thing.

Welcome to the neoliberal dystopia. Your chance to stop it was 20 years ago.

>How does Warren buffet have over $64b and has never made over $100k salary? Stocks and market participation..
kek, that wagie cope

Money doesn't exist in a society where everything is provided for free. All that exists is set allocations and the force needed to prevent someone from getting more than they are entitled to. By set allocations, I mean things like 3d printer fuel. The printers (robots in themselves) create anything a person wants. People who feel like making art and collaborating on programs will do so freely, and out of passion and a desire for kudos from their fellow man, not a desire for money.

Buying stocks doesn't increase your wage. I also have stocks, and never asked for equality.

I only brought up how poor Americans are, and how many Amazon employees are either homeless or on food stamps.

Core issue here is that robotic workers reduce employment and increase social welfare needs. But that UNTAXED robots are the absolute worst deal and only benefit those few executives already on 200,000+ a year and able to buy stocks (or trade salary for stocks instead)

>How does Warren buffet have over $64b and has never made over $100k salary?
He salary is far, far in excess of $100k, it's just that he chooses to have the majority of it converted to stocks so minimize income tax

Some resources are finite. Autos don't fix that.
Recycling costs tons of energy too and for most things isn't nearly a 100% return.

Soon we'll have 9+ billion people but only "need" less than 1 billion. Those 8 billion useless mouths are going to consume their share of finite resources. Land, water, metals, etc. and then produce huge amounts of waste.

Its not sustainable and unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to colonize distant worlds before tensions reach a breaking point. You can imagine the aftermath.

Buffet didn't make most of his money until the economy went to absolute fucking shit. If he had to deal with trading fees like every other retail trader he would have lost 1/3rd of his fucking wealth. Not to mention no trader can deal directly with Bank of America and receive warrants like he did.

you're starting to see the issue with automation

In 1945, companies used to pay 50% of federal taxes. Now they pay about 5%. Simply reverse this as the companies switch to robot labor to balance the books. Companies can afford to pay 45% more taxes and still make more profits from robot labor. That's not even counting the saves they make from not paying wages.

Attached: yuno.png (1280x720, 438K)

Desu, it's not really an "issue" with automation itself. And the auto's takeover of jobs should still be encouraged.
Yet every nation should take precautionary measures and have contingencies in place. Some awful things might be necessary for the sake of true progress.

>The point is it'll replace a significant portion of them.
This depends on the type of store. The grocery near me already has self checkout, where one employee oversees eight checkout stations. With one or two other cashiers to handle people buying a lot of items or alcohol. So by the time this takes off, if it ever does, there already could be a slow reduction to available retail jobs that the economy can easily transfer elsewhere.

I'm a bloomer, not a doomer.

Most of those workers were already replaced though - this saves 1 position total (which is likely filled by 3-4 full time people in a 6am through 9pm 7day store) self-serve checkouts already fill this need.

I want to be a robot.

Attached: 1539485675955.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

there's going to come a point there there's economic intractability. business owners will want to sell their robot-made and -distributed goods, but they'll be able to sell very few units because most people won't have jobs or enough disposable income. what then? a reduction in price. but then the price will be lower than the cost of manufacture. in this way technology fucks itself.

You're a communist, aren't you. Relying on goodwill of people is the critical failure point of every other system.

Not him but, those 3-4 workers now need to find other jobs. And that robot checkout doesn't pay income tax, let alone cover the income tax for those 4 workers. What if those workers need some income support before they find another job? Who pays for that? Not the corporations, other citizens and national debt.

This is why people think megacorps will take over the world and have the power and money to buy and own governments and states.

>automate all the work of the western lower classes
>import hordes of third worlders to the west to further drive down wages
this will definitely end well

your fault is that you cannot see beyond personal ownership of objects when personal ownership of an object becomes worthless. does a pebble have an owner? probably, but it might as well be considered ownerless.

I can't wait for Mars.

Then you go to a store that still has them.
Don't think the attractive young attendant meme is going to die entirely, even if 99% of megacorps choose machines over checkout chicks, there will always be a niche.

I'm a capitalist who understands that the system can be superseded when science is advanced enough to provide the right technology for it. I don't understand communism. Ive never looked into it hard. I just know that all communist countries are shit holes.

qt cashier robots when?

Imagine if they based on sexbot technology.

They literally fucking text right in front of you in the middle of every transaction. That shit would never have flown when I was a non-qt cashier male. Fucking cunts.

I'm not the guy I was replying to - I've been talking about the threat that automation poses to how are economy fundamentally works for like 5 or 6 years now.

Not that automation is inherently bad; it's not, automation *should* be a good thing. But for it to be a good thing, we need systems to take care of all the people who won't be "unemployed" but rather "unemployable". Not because something is wrong with them, but because the jobs will literally just no longer exist.

We don't have those systems yet. Corporations and the wealthy don't give a shit, either.

Wonder why there's been such a huge push to disarm Americans in the past 5-10 years. Hmmmmm....

The wealthy aren't stupid, they know what's coming. And rather than take care of the people who they're replacing with robots, they're betting they can win the fight once it reaches the boiling point. They might be right, too.

Attached: 1507162541646.jpg (200x200, 14K)

Attached: no response.jpg (159x199, 7K)

>I'm not the guy I was replying to

What did I mean by this?

who allocates their art materials?
does everyone get the same allocation of art materials?
what about if a shitty artist uses up the art materials that should otherwise be going to a good artist? how is this guaged?

only for drugs