Bought a 2013 moto X for $50 on ebay

>bought a 2013 moto X for $50 on ebay
what am i in for? is it a good phone or shit? can it keep up in 2018 (granted it's not falling apart)??

my current daily is a 2015 Z5 compact, so it's not a huge leap. in the two months ive had the sony
>headphone jack works half the time
>phone-call face proximity sensor never turns off so i cant hang up calls
>screen is literally fucking peeling off, i have it taped right now
im done. it's crazy how few ≈4.5" screened androids are out there

Attached: moto-x-2013.jpg (720x449, 232K)

I love mine, however being stuck on cm13 is not great. The camera drivers don't work on cm14, and good luck reverse engineering those to make them work. That being said, it certainly is usable in $CURRENT_YEAR.

Have fun not getting any security updates.

what's cm13/14? do i need security updates? clover is the only non-play store app i ever download

also, are the back covers interchangable? mine's all scratched. i ordered a bamboo dbrand just incase
thanks

>snapdildo s4 pro

By cm I mean Lineage OS. If you font use a custom ROM, you'll be stuck on Android 5. cm13 is Android 6.

>Do I need security updates
Fucking hell. What do you think?

The back covers should be interchangeable.

>fucking hell, what do you think
i dont know which is why i asked you..

im on android 7 now and its a lot of features so 6 must be livable. i dont rlly like fucking with the phones anymore, i rooted one nexus like five years ago and doubt i could figure it out again

Moto Z2 Play would've been a better choice

>i dont rlly like fucking with the phones anymore
>do i need security updates?
A feature phone like the Nokia 3310 may be more your speed.

this seems to be a common theme among Jow Forums, neckbeard elitists who seem to think that if you dont know everything about everything then you should be relegated to the bottom of the barrel

i could kick your ass if i met you irl fuckboy

>a five year old phone
Are you poor or something?

then you're a simpleton
last phone I rooted/unlock/flashed was a Zenfone 2 and I just r/u/f'd my G5+ and it was like riding a fucking bike

>it's crazy how few ≈4.5" screened androids are out there
And that's why i sold my 5.5" phone with better specs to get a Z5c compact in the current year.
Z5c + LineageOS without googleshit is great

Wow, I didn't know that that phone existed. I'm kinda tempted to get one, since the Moto X isn't maintained anymore. I tried doing my own security patches for it once... It isn't worth it.

Is there anything that you don't like about it?

should've gotten a nokia 3.1

>Is there anything that you don't like about it?
The low amount of RAM could be something to consider, it's not a problem for me because i don't install stupid crap like games but still.
The battery is also pretty crap too coming from a 4000mAh phone, other than that it's a great device and i still consider it an upgrade because of the smol size.

is the security shit even a big deal? im not a target and i dont download APKs off internetz

I'd like to think so. Imagine a new exploit like StageFright - that would be horrible, and it doesn't rely on tout downloading malware.
When you get a phone that you know won't get updates, you may be buying into a future where this can happen. There are a lot of bad exploits, such as BlueBorne, which don't require malware to be installed.

i retired mine a few months ago
they hold up okay, i mostly switched because of battery life, it was just barely getting through the day on wifi and only half a day on cellular.
camera sucks but i know you dont care, software is excellent, never had any issues. everything else passable/good.

if it runs OFFICIAL lineage then it gets updates

In my honest opinion freind most smartphones are basically the same despite the applications they can run most are generic or similar in power its like choosing chocolate or vanilla

Attached: Internettoughkid.jpg (600x777, 41K)

we out here

Attached: 1023182046.jpg (307x545, 20K)

if only that were true in regards to the stupid manipulations OEMs place on Android, as well as whether or not they update/let you update the software

I had that phone. Cant change the battery i believe so that sucks. Otheriwse great phone. Fragile, make sure u get an otterbox

pretty much

>what am i in for?
Good design, decent performance and great custom rom support.

>2013
Oh, I read 2015 for some reason. I guess the 2013 have good custom rom support too?

You switched to a phone that's 2 years older than your current one, are you a retard?

I have a Samsung J5 Prime and I have yet to see a reason to buy a new smartphone.

i did the same thing with a small phone after falling for the 5.5" meme, what's wrong with that?
>but muh specs
usability > specs

underrated and based