Mental illness isn't funny. Bipolar I disorder with psychotic features destroyed my life...

Mental illness isn't funny. Bipolar I disorder with psychotic features destroyed my life. I'm still living at home at 26. When I look at pictures of Terry, I see someone like me. I am probably a few mutations away from having schizophrenia. I think of what I was like as a child, before I got sick, and part of me just screams. My future was stolen from me. I get dumber every year. I take medication every day. I feel like I died years ago, and I'm just here, taking up space. I completely understand why he jumped in front of a train, and I just hope that I don't get that fucked up when I hit middle age.

If schizophrenia hadn't attacked Terry's grey matter, he probably would have been a productive programmer, gotten married, and had 2.1 children like a normal American male. Instead, he became a fucking two legged animal, to be fed and watered by people. Nothing about this is funny.

Attached: terry davis.png (499x682, 285K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MjGgqcyLpug
youtube.com/watch?v=TN266WkrPRs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

;_;

>Bipolar I disorder with psychotic features destroyed my life

how and why and when

You're just a self pitying soiboi who needs to stop being a soiboi
Stop listening to (((psychiatrists))) and grow the fuck up already

Why are you jelly of Terry?

>why
It's caused by genetic defects like type 1 diabetes.
>when
age 15, first suicide attempt. 19, first psychotic manic episode.
KYS Yankee. Fuck your anti-intellectualism.
Because he doesn't have to suffer anymore.

anyone else think he was better off the meds? terry wasnt as relaxed and became extreme while he was still under his parents roof, and then his flame sorta died down and became calm when he went homeless

Attached: signal20180507081141.gif (360x314, 2.86M)

>Mental illness isn't funny.
It is for the internet
>Nothing about this is funny.
The internet as a whole thinks its funny. Mental illness is a joke. The elites think its funny as fuck.

Jow Forums thinks mental illness is funny. The old /b/ thinks mental illness is funny.

Jow Forums thinks mental illness is funny, that's why people on this board call Incite indirectly. People on this board call each other cia niggers sometimes. But yes, mental illness is a joke on Jow Forums.

Terry should have done meditation. Meds don't help. A human being shouldn't have any disease at all what so ever. Human retardation causes disease. Intellectualism is a disease as well.

We are made of drugs. Why do more drugs?
But modern societies are treating disease as normal, because there is a whole industry that thrives on it.

People on the internet find mental illness funny because they themselves suffer from it too. The internet wouldn't be what it is without literal autism mixed with antisocial traits caused by lack of positive human affection.

>Bipolar I disorder with psychotic features destroyed my life
>destroyed my life
>not just riding maniac highs while mitigating depression lows
You yourself destroyed your life.
Because you are dumb and incompetent.
Keep crying, bitch nigga.

Mental illness is very very funny to Jow Forums users.
Look at Chris chan.

How can you be so shit that you even fail at killing yourself LMAO

Wait, is Terry dead?

This.
Defeatists and determinism retards won't understand your post

Right, that's what I said.

depression isnt real
just dont be depressed

mental illness doesn't exist

Ego is the biggest disease of all.

Mental illness and depression doesn't exist but drugs and bad diet exists. The western diet leads you to depression. A healthy body equals a healthy mind.

>whats the best diet
fuck this thread lmao. I argue with sheep 24/7. It's exhausting

>KYS Yankee. Fuck your anti-intellectualism.
Says the guy who tried to kill himself lmao. Yeah I bet you know sooo much better

Attached: 1540732245961.jpg (721x780, 375K)

>The western diet leads you to depression
civilization leads to depression
people don't get depressed when they have to worry about their immediate survival
once you have enough wealth and stability in society that nothing is threatening then you start to get depressed

>Ego is the biggest disease of all.
>I argue with sheep 24/7. It's exhausting
You're right.

>civilization leads to depression
Modern civilization
Modern society

I'm a determinist and I agree with the post you quoted though

The trick is being born pre-determined to chose not being a soiboi faggot like OP

But some people just can't into being a man and are destined to live all their lives as NPCs

Attached: 1540674446779.jpg (406x537, 55K)

Get over yourself you big pity party!
We've all got out own problems!

Jordan Peterson has done more good than bad. In the end, he made BANK with something called psychology.

I agree, I just think the pic is kinda cool

>I'm a determinist
consciousness creates reality. I'll leave it at that

Jordan Peterson is Dr. Phil but for retards on the internet instead of retards who watch daytime television.

yes, he got hit by a train, he was walking on the tracks. the driver reckons it was suicide

I do not have any feelings of sympathy/empathy/pity for the rainbow heads who feel like they are 6 yo girls inside the body of a 56 yo fat ass man, but for the actually sick people... you have my heart felt feelings user, I cannot possibly imagine what you're going through but hang in there dude, you never know what tomorrow has in store for you.

pic related

Attached: quote-if-you-want-to-find-the-secrets-of-the-universe-think-in-terms-of-energy-frequency-and-nikola- (850x400, 75K)

I feel you OP. I have a friend who got schizophrenia several years ago. He became convinced his brother had been replaced by a military clone, amongst other delusions. As long as he stays on his meds he's fine but when he's off them he goes nuts. Believe me if there were a cure it would be fantastic, but right now there's no alternative but to keep taking his meds. That being said at this point he knows this. If he goes off his meds I blame him.

Just man the fuck up. Get a goal in life and pursue it. Use manic highs to get lots of shit done. When depressed/down, cling to your goal to get through.

I was also diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but that's bullshit. I just got fucked up by doing drugs and wasting my life. Slow down on your meds (don't stop outright if you've taken them over a longer period, which I assume) and start working out instead. Make being fit your first goal. Start to eat healthy, maybe spend a few hours every day cooking. This is to give you a healthy basis to start from. As soon as you're fit and have a healthy diet take the next step. This is either a job or a gf, your choice what to do first. If you go for job, take whatever is there. It gives you routine and getting used to being responsible for shit. If you go for gf, settle for something easy like a fat chick or a single mom.

When you've managed to get there improve step by step. Alternate between improving job and gf. Once you're satisfied with one of both focus on improving the other.

It's a hard way in front of you, but you have to understand that it's exclusively your fault you are in that position by having been a pussy for way too long. You just feel some kind of comfy in your misery and tell yourself that there's no point in trying. You may wait for someone to help you out. There is no help. This post is the only help you will ever get, it is on you to change your life.
It will be exponentially harder the longer you wait to start. So get started NOW.

Best of luck from an user who went through shit and came out on top.

there are mixed opinions because it's hard to tell when someone is actually ill or is just using it as an excuse to be a dick/get free stuff
it's also very difficult for someone of sound mind to understand how mental issues affect a person
it's not like a flesh wound where anybody can immediately relate with "oh damn that looks painful", most mentally ill people /look/ just fine

I feel like you're me from another timeline. except I'm you one year in the future. iktf bro. I don't know what to say, because you and I know this sucks. I also have bipolar.

Consciousnesses are part of reality.
A thing cannot create something it is a part of.
Ergo, reality creates consciousness.

Your post is bloat.
You could have condensed your life story with this Bruce Lee quote

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."

>literal reddit tier new age memes
kys

youtube.com/watch?v=MjGgqcyLpug

He masturbated on stream and committed suicide. He's going straight to hell.

>kys
kiss your self

>has done more good than bad
freudian slip

>he can't into making arguments for himself

any civilization with sufficient wealth

A thing can be part of something it created

>debating
>arguing
this is some sheep shit right here.
also i did make my points

youtube.com/watch?v=TN266WkrPRs

Attached: dancin terry.gif (429x592, 2.8M)

I'm autistic, my son is autistic, my wife is bi-polar, OP is bi-polar.
>How about taking some responsibility and ownership of your own life, instead of being a victim. Terry always played the victim. Learn from that instead of being justified by that.

hey retard, go visit a doctor, you seem to have mental issues, though unlike the OP, you apparently have an overinflated ego

I suffer the same, it's like my life just flashed right before me. I got bipolar around age 19, it was probably due to my social reclusion due to a horrible high school experience.

My IQ was in the 90th percentile, and now I don't even want to find out. I can't do simple tasks anymore, I forgoet things midway through talking. All my knowledge from learning is just gone. I have no memories of anything.

I want to kill myself, but its too scary, I am anxious and failing to kill myself, and being revived with even worse cognitive function.

Good luck, man.

I'd say stay focused and find things that make you feel better. For me, going outside helps, even if I don't feel like doing it before it. I had a close shave with cancer/surgery several years ago, and thinking about that and reminding myself that I got lucky there to still be here for more, that also puts me on a better track.

>debate is not a patrician activity

Attached: 1539678176942.png (648x557, 402K)

Fuck off and KYS.

I haven't been to a doctor in 6 years
>you apparently have an overinflated ego
I think you are getting overwhelmed or you just hate me. I'm going to fuck off now

ok

Medication and therapy go hand in hand. Typically medication only helps reduce the symptoms so you can control them better.

>I haven't been to a doctor in 6 years
we noticed, retard

Stop taking medicaments retard. No doubt you're getting dumber.

Eat better.
Sleep better.
Hit the weights.
Have sex.

what is bipolar disorder

do you have two personalities? do you feel mad, angry, sad, happy, joyful etc during certain days?

I find ignorant to say that it is about multiple personalities, but a mood problem, periods of intense feelings.

Medicaments makes everything worse

>start new job
>force myself to smile all the time
>constantly smiling
>if somebody told me their mom died I'll probably accidentally smile and nod head in agreement
>can't stand the daily superficial engagements conducted just to keep the workplace cordial
>none of them are interesting at all
>they all trust me for some reason and are telling me their secrets

Attached: its-all-so-tiresome-2meirl4meirl-35638343.png (500x544, 119K)

I agree. I'm 21 and since 6 years ago my psychosis has not let me live. I have been having psychotic episodes since I was 7 but back then they were really sporadic, probably only happening once a year, but when I hit puberty shit got exponentially worse. Right now I can't even go outside on my own or stay alone for more than a few hours. To make things worse, the only person who understood what happens to me, my mom, died a few months ago and an uncle took me in but he's already desperate and doesn't understand I'm mentally ill, keeps telling me that I just need to learn how to control all of this. I'm really close to blowing my brains out.

Attached: luP0VR6_d.jpg (640x607, 57K)

Do you want my sympathy or something?
This is Jow Forums technology not Jow Forums technology and fag.

Seriously just kys

why don't you show your uncle your official diagnosis?

I could have lived perfectly fine without ever having seen this image again. Fuck you.

nigga just get a grip

I have, I even have the meds but he took me to a psychologist because he's convinced that everything must have been a childhood trauma and I'm sure that now the psych fucker wants to brainwash me to make me think I was raped or something because she has been mentioning it every time even though I already told her I'm 100% sure I was never touched as a kid and this is completely biological but she keeps saying how those memories could be hidden and I keep telling her that I have read about that and that those memories always emerge in one way or the other like with people who have dissosiative and I don't have shit like that but the bitch doesn't believe me.

nonsense.

I really tried to trust them, but they're shady.
Theres a lot of things that can help with any mental disorder, IMO they have to be discovered by the patient.
Medicaments are TOXIC.

i'm a diagnosed bipolar depressive and im not gonna say i have the best coping skills but i live on my own comfortably.and i feel like i do not have an unhealthy grasp on reality.

i feel like our society gaslights people with mental illnesses into acting worse. not just hugboxing but my stint going to a shrink and taking drugs kind of ruined my life and getting a stable lifestyle and a healthy outlook on life myself was important. i also use a 420nm blue light and its been 'clinically proven' or whatever but it legit helps stabilize your circadian rythm if it's out of whack

but dont take pills.

i'd recommend avoiding Jow Forums if you're suicidal

I think my biggest mistake was that, taking pills. I have not taken a single one since I was 18 but now I have this problem where I feel absolutely brain fogged and brain dead when I'm not stimulating my brain with, for example, videogames or an interesting talk or other stimulating activity. If my brain is not being stimulating my forehead feels heavy and my eyes begin to close and I begin to feel sleepy BUT I can't sleep, when I try to sleep my head begins to hurt because I'm obviously not physically sleepy, I just have the symptoms of sleepiness. And my mind feels foggy and I can't concentrate and it's the absolute worst. This began after I quit the meds for depression so I fucking blame it on that shit. I hate to """live""" like this.

have you tried marijuana?
I'm not saying a lot, but microdosing, it helps with circadian rhythm for me.
It doesn't cause psychosis because my mind is not weak. I stop thinking.

stop watching tv, stop listening to music, go outside. just like, chill out. look at some moss. moss is dope.

then think about the mechanisms of your mind that propel you to act out in that manner, and really tear it down. think about how well you take care of your body when those things are happening. i dont know what the fuck goes on in there, but i can tell you that its gonna be a little uncomfortable which is why i told you to find some moss. unless your brain is so fucked up you see ghosts, what are you gonna do about it?

>I listen voices in my head
>>lol stop being a soiboy
Because it worked for Terry.

maybe you think you have psychosis because you're surrounded by complete fucking pricks who are gaslighting you?

>my forehead feels heavy and my eyes begin to close and I begin to feel sleepy

Christ, I would recommend meditation (not the meme meditation but the actual one, total silence in a cave) But, medicaments fuck up our bodies, and minds, try not to take them all at once, and to separate them between hours, but if you're still taking them your body will ask for them. Big pharma loves this.

Eating better helps too. Because our intestine PRODUCES serotonin, eat greens, and get enough nutrients, and minerals. Cholesterol is also essential to produce hormones.

Medicaments, destroy our gut, and brain.
Next thing you know? Worse mental state, or even cancer.

No, I began these episodes really young not even my mom knew what I had. I wasn't even diagnosed until I turned 16 and got really violent and tried to hurt her so police came and took me to the loony bin.

Did they give you drugs at the looney bin

Attached: 030.jpg (600x400, 20K)

you're a god damn retard

same shit here dude, I have tried everything to fix it, still a brain fogged retard

Educate yourself on the meds you get, some are good some are bad.

All meds are bad you god damn retard

OP never said he had voices in his head
"Psychosis" can mean multiple things, most of them unrelated to hallucinations

Congratulations, you are now a psychopath
Enjoy your +5 charisma points

Bad bait or actually a brainlet.

Yes. When I first arrived they gave me one at night I stupidly swallowed, but shit was a tranquilizer they gave everyone so they wouldn't do shit at night and it gave this horrible weakness sensation in my muscles so the consecutive nights I hid it inside my lips (since they checked below the tongue) and spit it later. On my last day though I couldn't get away from being injected with pipotiazine which is an anti-psychotic and it made me sleep all day and gave me apathy so I cried and begged to my mom to not give it to me anymore because I wasn't feeling like myself and she understood and I stopped getting it 4 months after the first dose (lasted a month inside the body).

go back to pol, cuck

>(((psychologist)))
>((((((female)))))))
found the problem
Pro tip: it's a racket for the juice

said the soiboi cuck

Attached: 1539467486727.jpg (960x866, 62K)

>I feel like I died years ago
We all do, bro.

Reality as you know it is an element of your consciousness.
Ergo consciousness creates reality.
But I don’t believe that either.
Monism is really the only way to go. The whole mind/matter split is unnecessary.

this

This is why you don't beat kids or make them go through emotional trauma. At best they start abusing drugs/booze and become a little insane.

Attached: 1540616135161.jpg (1857x2048, 228K)

Also it kinda did for him, yes
He became an internet legend and was able to have fun and live life on his terms, even if he was homeless.
Would you rather have him locked up in some mental hospital without contact to the external world and drugged so much he doesn't fucking know who he is just so the state pays for him to not to be technically homeless?
And if it was left up to him, taking medications was not an option, he literally preferred being homeless than taking medications just to get some kind of money from the government, and it wasn't because he didn't try. No, he tried and it fucked him up mentally and physically, that's why he stopped.

tell him that Freud is outdated, and to stop reading him.

He never had a chance, schizos reach a point where their own mental illness become self aware and take over. Once someone gets to that point they're no longer in charge, they're essentially a passenger in a vehicle looking outside the window.

Attached: kanye-west-ye.jpg (448x448, 30K)