Fuck my typo

US
10 mbps
$40

This is rape.

Mexico
~30mbps
$25 usd

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-28-22-08-59-334_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg (1080x657, 63K)

exactly as advertised

Attached: TBiVfvN[1].png (1100x925, 149K)

Us
100/35 on Optimum
~$45 a month, FiOS overlap area.

british telecom 5mb/s (british telecom is primitive, all copper wire, no fiber)
~ $50 a month

there is zero investment here - zero
the telecom is 19th C .

Australia
4Mbps
$70 dollarydoos

Who has is worse, Australian Broadband or Canadian Mobile?

US
0.8 Mb/s
$100

ro
1gb/500mb
10 euros

30 down, 3 up, 30 ping, $50, israel

Third world shithole
>4mbps down
>512kbps up
>$21

Attached: 1538309550315.jpg (789x960, 155K)

what the fuck, both, your picture and your ISP, are you in Venezuela?

No, do you really think I would be shitposting here if I didn't have anything to eat?
Even thought I may have the shittiest internet, I still download anime instead of streaming.

Attached: 1478239049552.jpg (960x720, 159K)

yes we get it, every non-american has fiber internet for cheap. good for you

Midwest US
100mbps
$65

Everytime I see these threads I get pissed at my government and big telecoms.

Australia
12/0.5
$140/mo

It does the job

Attached: Screenshot_20181029-015630_Speedtest.jpg (1440x2960, 329K)

>Australia
>Fixed wireless (no NBN until end 2020)
>$100 a month for 1TB cap

Attached: 41036697.png (307x162, 35K)

Forgot
>North Carolina
>50$ a month

>cap
What do you even do on the internet?

Is your city nice cause i'm looking for places to move to after I graduate uni and that's some cheap ass internet.

Lots of video streaming and torrenting.
Also sister has an Xbox and the auto updates / downloading games use a tonne of download

Its wifi too if that matters
I live in Charlotte and it's really nice. It's a booming city for people 21 to 35. Alot of micro breweries, hang out spots and local bars, pubs/restaurants. Obviously there is always going to be crime in certain parts of town but desu there is no reason to ever go in the "hood"

Finland
100/100 mbps
20 €

Uncapped 200+ mbps 4G is ~30 € around here so I guess that would be another option if I spent a lot of time moving around.

Midwest, United States
$64.99/mo.
Only service provider in the area.

Attached: bandwidth results.png (859x448, 48K)

Oh, and I'm paying for 100 Mbps connection that never gets over 60, ever.

What if you down size it to say 50 mbps? Couldn't you save money while only losing 10mbps vs the 40 you already are?

>It's a booming city for people 21 to 35. Alot of micro breweries, hang out spots and local bars, pubs/restaurants
Looks like faggot central in development

There is no option to downsize.
100 Mbps is the standard. I could pay $120 or $150 for 150 Mbps last time I checked, but odds are I'd never get over 90.
It's been years since I got this "deal". They lured me in for 80 Mbps for 39.99 two years ago. Then when I enquired about getting a faster connection a year ago, they told me all connections are now 100 Mbps, including mine, but I could get a business connection for 150 Mbps for $150 at only $120 per month the first year.

It honestly is. I was just stating what was associated with the city for someone fresh out of college. I personally really only socialize with co workers at the gun range I work at and stay far away from the things mentioned in my previous post. Again, it's a nice city for whatever your looking with thousands of activities that fits your needs, whatever that may be.

Fuck that. I'd honestly just keep what you have. The prices are absurdly high but being the one and only competitor, they can price gouge

Australia.
$59AUD per month.

Fuck this government for fucking up the internet.

Attached: Capture.jpg (334x492, 20K)

I'm glad at least I'm not in Australia.
As shit as the prices and speeds are here at least they are better than yours in AUZ.

Tfw when in the US and spend double for half your upload and download (1.5/0.25 $45 Centurylink)

Attached: 1531987485383.png (856x1016, 1.65M)

Xfinity = $70/mo for 60Mb
AT&T = $85/mo for 50Mb

is AT&T retarded?

What the fuck is wrong with Australia? Why don't you pull your dick out of that kangaroo and put up some cheap ass microwave antennas over your godforsaken deserts?

I'd pay $15 to not have to deal with Comcast

Well what usually happens is that AT&T serves a larger area than the cable folks. Meaning not everyone has a cable alternative.

this is me in missouri

are you from Nagykanizsa?

Where the fuck do ya'll get deals from? I'm paying 50$ for 300mbps and get over 500 99% of days because I was able to connect to fiber. Also my phone through them is unlimited everything and in total I spend 115$ a month. Is it based on location on what you're charged?

We tried that. But there's two things that happened.

>national telco (telstra) was privatised 15 years ago (wholesale, retail AND the pits)
>negotiate with telstra for 5ish years just to replace the fucking copper
>start implementing fibre to the premise, but the conservative government came in and decided to "fibre to the node" with copper to the house
>this ended up costing about the same as FTTP anyway

Basically conservatives are fucking retarded with technology, and the argument they're better economic managers is a total fucking lie

>Chicago
>Detroit
>San Fransisco
I'm sure there are many more cities I've forgotten but you are absolutely right. It's the conservatives fault!

>Finland
>10 €/month
I'm paying for 100/10. I think it's pretty good for the price.

Attached: Screenshot_20181029-090559.jpg (1080x1920, 183K)

I can't speak for those states/cities. In australia the running argument from the conservatives the last 20 years is that they were sensible, economic spenders. Total fabrication. They pissed away surplus from the mining boom, and then blamed the labor government for the problems the GFC caused in 2008. They've since more than tripled the deficit since 2013. So you can tell I'm salty about australian conservatives.

AT&T's fiber is only in limited areas.

canadian mobile, they get throttled like after 2GB, shit sucks

I have unlimited 1Gbps/300mbps from Comcast for $70 as part of a 3-year contract.

After 3 years, it goes up to $130/mo for the same deal. I'm probably going to downgrade to 60mbs/30mbs for $70 once it ends.

1Gps is completely overkill for 1 device. First off, hardly any site is going to let you download at 1gps speeds. Second, even if you did, the bottleneck is going to be your HDD, unless you you're using SSD's for bulk storage.

I think it's great for -families- that have multiple TV's streaming HD shows simultaneously. But 1 weeb downloading 200gb anime? No.

Now test it to a USA service.
The majority of services are hosted in USA and there are limited ocean runs.

60 mbps
10 €
In Finland

60/60mbps
70$
Norway

Why do americans complain that their neighbours watch 4k streams and their internet suffers? I've never heard of that happening here, you always get what you pay for.

use fast.com, speedtest is biased for many providers

Hungary
240mb/s download 220mb/s upload
3.7$ (3.3€) per month

UK
ISP: EE (owned by BT)
304/51
£38

Attached: speedtest-291018092251.png (738x146, 24K)

same speed but 40eurodollars in France

DOCSIS cable internet works by having about 30 houses (from memory) sharing one node which might have a bandwidth of 1gbps or something. So if all your neighbors are using heaps of bandwidth your connection will suffer. Americans usually don't have a choice of providers or alternative technologies either.

Thank god in New Zealand we have our shit together and most people can get 1gbps fibre from any of the 20 or so ISPs that exist here.

>20€
>in paris
>200mb on paper
Pic related in reality

Attached: _20181029_103300.jpg (1080x1385, 93K)

You're either bullshitting people writing from a student dorm, or you just ran that at your workplace. There is no fucking way anyone sells dedicated gigabit internet in hungary to individual family homes.

t. another hungarian

US
1mbps
$90

fml

But Magyar Telekom offers 2gbit internet dude.

$80/month, Washington DC metro.

Attached: 2018-10-29 11_10_17.png (548x373, 16K)

2000 Mbit/sec*

*guaranteed up/down speeds:300/50 Mbit

First and foremost the real up and down speeds are nowhere near OP's even with this subscription, second this "guaranteed 300/50" doesn't cost '17 dollarinos', it costs 36.

>Poland
>1Gbps (now's the worst hour to take the speed test desu)
>~35 usd

Attached: shit.png (350x200, 21K)

Great, but you're living in fucking Nagykanizsa

How

>0ms ping
>still can't hit full gigabit speeds

what a shitty network, 0ms means they're testing to a server INSIDE their own network, if they can't even give you full gigabit on a speedtest on their OWN fucking servers, that's just sad.

lol, nope you retard. The test server is outside their network.

here's a speed test to Autria.

Attached: retard.png (350x200, 21K)

Austria*

0ms is impossible to be outside of their network, just literally impossible.

Even testing ON the same network seeing 1-2ms would be normal, seeing 0ms just 100% means it isn't leaving the local network. It might be another company using your ISP for hosting, but it's 100% the same network.

also, the test servers are just shit at the hours of highest traffic.

faster than 99% of poland

well, does this surprise you? How common is gigabit internet anyway?

Nigga its cost 6000 forint. Thats 21 dollar. However I took it in magenta which takes 30% off. Its 4200 forint then. That is roughly 14-15 dollar

So you subscribed for the 1 gigabit package and actually got 1 gigabit up and down? Holy shit, what country is this? Because I am not fucking getting what I paid for in my Hungary.

Attached: c15.png (800x729, 62K)

Its not always 1gbit tho, so you were right. Its 4:30 pm here, so you could say its ... rush hour on the internet (Hogy a faszba mondom Csúcsidőt angolul)

Still my internet rarely dips below 500mbit. After 6-7 pm it goes up to 1gbit

Attached: rogjt.png (779x311, 40K)

Holy fuck, that's bad. My ISP guarantees at least 700/700 Mbps at the hours of highest traffic. Don't you have something similar?

It's a fact, networking equipment adds latency, a normal internal network ping of 1-2ms is perfectly normal assuming you've got a half dozen hops between the ISP trunk connection, and the home user.

Seeing 0ms ping on a speedtest 100% tells me that the connection isn't even leaving the ISPs datacenter, it's in the same building, or in a building extremely close by and is essentially on the same fucking network.

0ms ping on a speedtest is a dead giveaway, it almost certainly never left the network, remember ping time is how long it takes your packets to reach the end server AND then route all the way back to you. The only way it's doing that in less than 1ms is if it's a local or as close to local as possible.

JUST

Pont úgy.

There you go. THIS is an accurate representation of the fuckery that's called hungarian internet subscription. Speeds dipping to one fucking tenth and below of the nominal speed.

Sadly no. But I don't really want to complain because a month ago I got jewed out $20 for 25mbit/s. Yes....

This is still a big improvement.

There are "guaranteed" speeds that are about one twentieth of the nominal speed and that's in your contract, so you can't complain. Hungary is a fucked up place. We have the highest cellphone bills too (with the least amount of services included in the price).

Download RDR2 8 times

You are right. I thought it was better. I moved last year to a shitty town/village with no DSL internet only satelite. 25mbit/s. At least it was consant 25mbit/s (Sometimes it went higher to 30-32).

At least we don't have any Caps right?.... RIIGHT?

RU 1.5kk city, PON
8.5$
day 150mbps, night unlim (1gb\s lim)
and 4g lte 150\30 mbps 4$

Attached: photo_2018-10-27_18-28-15.jpg (720x1280, 106K)

>There are "guaranteed" speeds that are about one twentieth of the nominal speed and that's in your contract, so you can't complain.
I thought that EU passed some bill that was gonna deal with that bullshit...

+

Attached: photo_2018-10-20_15-44-55.jpg (647x130, 17K)

USA
60 USD/month
My torrents sometimes hit 6 mb/ps

6mbps or 6MBps?

My torrent client shows the speed in MB/s, not Mb/s.

Attached: 2018-10-27 12_40_58.png (775x101, 9K)

mb not mibs

Even worse than that, I'm not even allowed to go above 2GB without paying $20/gig

I pay $70 a month...

Hungary doesn't care about that shit in general. T-Mobile's response to the EU abolishing roaming was to basically put every country in tariff zone 4, even neighboring countries, so you are discouraged to even think about international calls. And guess who pays a surcharge if they are being called in Hungary from another country? Yep, the Hungarian recipient. Etc.