Give 1 reason why you still haven't dropped your dedicated audio player for your smartphone

Give 1 reason why you still haven't dropped your dedicated audio player for your smartphone.

Attached: Top-10-Best-Portable-Music-Players-From-Entry-Level-to-Mid-Fi.jpg (1024x768, 122K)

Battery life conservation for my phone.
Better Sound quality.
Better expand-ability.

After 12 years of using iPod 5.5g I still wasn't able to find something close to it's warm sound. That iPod is the vinil of digital music world.

>audio player has 96 hours of playback time
>smartphone does not

Even if my DAP runs out of power, I can still use my smartphone for smartphone stuff.

Also, can't use devices with wireless communication in some of the places I work.

Attached: 1543814636386.jpg (364x364, 28K)

this nostalgia junk is already dead, and only exists as a niche/meme for boomers

streaming is the future
you can have almost any music you want in any second, battery life is a non-argument since you charge your phone every night anyway,a and talking about music quality on a mobile device is pure placebo

>android apps are inferior to rockbox
>no smol phones
>touchscreens
>touchscreens
>touchscreens
>touchscreens
also
>touchscreens

oof

I did, because my sandisk clip broke. life is suffering now.
>phone runs out of battery, no more music
>can't turn phone off like I normally do to block distractions if I want music
>have to take out my phone to skip tracks, poor volume controls
>huge and heavy

my clip sport just one day stopped playing sound and the screen just stays white no matter if I discharge it, reboot, hard reboot, etc. I would have gotten another clip sport, but now I'm not so sure.

>there is rockbox for android
>there are many small phones
>you can control volume and prev and next track with the volume rocker on your phone or your headphones

Because the zune is ever lasting

Give 1 reason why you still haven't dropped your smartphone for your dedicated audio player.

>abandonware
>yes plenty of 2" smartphones with the same unobtrusive shape and size as a sansa clip
>can't pause or navigate your music while it's in your pocket, then you release the button a bit too early or have the music player not react for some dumb reason and acquire tinnitus
ebin

>Just pay for a monthly subscription and more mobile data goy

I dont have a smartphone mr glower.
I have a cheap old agptek that does nothing but play music and does it well.

Attached: agptek.jpg (500x500, 25K)

My phone has expandable storage.

checkmate NPC's

Attached: sandisk sansa clip rockbox.png (1000x1200, 365K)

My phone doesn't sound as good nor does it drive my headphones as well

none of my pirated audio is lossless :^(

I did
Until my phone broke
Fuck

i have a fiio x3 gen 3 i use on the boat cause fuck taking my phone underway

I had one back in high school. It was a very great music player, but the volume buttons on the side were very easy to break. I dropped mine in the men's locker room and the volume part broke. I tried buying a new one but eventually they went out of manufacturing which tripled the price. I haven't bought a dedicated player since.

I wanted a dap but I got a note 9, so battery and onboard dac are actually solid, plus over 600gb of storage and supports flac
I still like those shanling ones a lot though.

Physical buttons.
Sound quality is depressingly rare, lacks parametric equalization to get decent sound.
Also, the trend of eliminating the TRS jack is interfering with phone choice.

Similar issue, I bought one my freshmen year of high school after my last DAP stopped working. Mine just wouldn't boot anymore. Never dropped it, never broke it, it looks mint still. I ended up buying another Sansa, don't remember which one, but didn't like it as much, used it until it stopped working. Right now I have an xDuoo X3, pretty great. 10/10 would recommend. I've had it for 2+ years, no issues whatsoever. I believe Rockbox is supported but unofficial, but just werks.

try the benjie t6 if you want, with rockbox it's pretty much an upgraded clip+ and with the stock firmware you can use bluetooth and play DSD audio

I listen exclusively to Moonman albums, Nazi propaganda, and Crusade powermetal

>people own phones without expandable storage
imagine being cucked to 16gb or some shit

Attached: 1535487121432.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

>have had iPod Video since 2006
>installed Rockbox to play FLAC
>have only replaced the hard drive, battery and hold switch once
>it just works
I also don't own a smartphone because I don't want a personal tracking device in my pocket. I use a flip phone with a removable battery.

Attached: 1539215028917.png (1144x888, 337K)

>not owning a personal tracking device
i bet you get lost faggot

>tfw i listen to moonman unironically

>being so much of a niggerized consumerist cuck that you accept as natural the fact that a >300$ phone device will die within a few hours of use, and on top of that you even use it also as a music player
Kill yourself immediately

My audio player is nice.

Aren't mobile phones inherently not private? Because of how they ping cell towers?

Phone doesn't have a headphone jack, and I can't use a dongle with this phone.

clip jam is good?

Attached: mp3-sandisk-clip-jam-sdmx26-008g-g46b-8gb-fm-D_NQ_NP_667765-MLB26846722144_022018-F.jpg (319x319, 13K)

the entire image is rockbox features so ask yourself, does it support rockbox?

I don't know and so I asked. With all respect

Attached: smile.jpg (748x721, 71K)

>battery life is a non-argument since you charge your phone every night anyway
i charge my xz premium every 3-4 days, you retarded nigger

it doesn't
clip zip was the last model supported by rockbox

My work doesn't allow phones, they don't give a shit about PMPs that can't connect to the internet though.

Well, I'm fucked then.
Thanks anyway.

Attached: 1539889869342.gif (487x560, 898K)

i didn't mean it in a sarcastic or rude way but yeah any device with rockbox support will have all of those features

No. Bought one since the Fiio M3 I originally bought to replace my dead rockbox'd Clip Zip missed half the features I needed. The Jam had most of them, but also had inferior sound quality to both, and now that the M3's 2.0 firmware adds some of the missing features, the Jam went in the drawer and hasn't been used since.

consider chink Benji T6. It supports rockbox.

>own ipod 3rd gen since release
>haven't updated the software in years
>still works as smooth as the day I got it
>no issues putting songs into it
>battery lasts days if only used for music/notes
>cheap hardcover case has saved it from disaster dozens of times
>64gb

Say what you will about Apple, but they used to make amazing devices

Attached: 1496523646414.png (1350x620, 466K)

Is there any way to turn an old Android phone exclusively into an MP3player?

Attached: 1543814636144.png (500x500, 194K)

>battery life
>better sound
>compact form factor
>buttons as opposed to touchscreen, can control playback blind
>can clip it on my clothes when exercising
>tons of features with rockbox
>can expand storage up to 256gb

I ain't dropping dap for smartphone anytime soon.

Attached: capture.png (936x920, 1.37M)

>install mp3 player app of your liking
>put your music on your phone
>?????
>profit

dumb anime poster

You have a Sony phone which has ugly bezels. You call him a retarded nigger?

no there is none
it'll be a phone no matter what

This is sad.
thanks anyway

Attached: 1540137948726.jpg (1774x1774, 279K)

I don't
I run a hacked spotify app with no ads

Still work?

Stop trying to make me give up my zune you damn jews

My airpods disrupt bluetooth connectivity with 3 other devices when pairing with my android phone so I do not bother

Not that guy but yes

Freely choose what to play too?
Won't be banned again right?

people still use mp3 players?

>I'm too stupid to know where I'm going
>I'm too stupid to keep a map in my car
>I'm too stupid to ask for directions
Enjoy your tracking, nigger cattle.

Removing the battery makes this a non-issue.

Attached: 1.jpg (920x1280, 203K)

Beta MOD or final Mega MOD?

Please stop being so rude. There is no good reason to speak to others in such an unmannerly fashion.

Hacked? I just block spotify adservers in hosts file, works fine, no skipping restrictions and the sort

good barebones dac ? meaning no wifi etc, just good player that can play flac and good ui

Yes no shuffle except with oreo where you have to turn it off manually for every album
I use a dummy account just in case

Idk they keep updating ir

In android?

That's a lovely dog.

>streaming is the future
>you can have almost any music you want in any second
And who the fuck is going to pay my mobile internet for that?! Do you know how much it would cost me to stream all my music? 120 fucking dollars

>inb4 you live in a shit country
completely beside the point, streaming is not a viable option until free limitless internet won't be the norm

>and talking about music quality on a mobile device is pure placebo
Not when you stream lossy garbage, instead of playing back lossless audio. The encoding of the audio file will make the biggest difference, not the hardware.

>not having a waterproof phone

T-that's not how you do it goyim! Buy the flagship phone!

This. My iPod somehow has a better sound quality and drives my headphones better than my smartphone

>He doesn't have a Garmin with the whole country map
>Can drive anywhere in the country and have directions without having to pay for a data plan

I find my iPhone SE is pretty close to my iPod in terms of sound quality and ability to drive headphones. Not quite as good, but close enough. The main issue is that I have a pretty huge music library and only 128 GB to work with.

I don't know what kind of audio chip they have but they sound better than any other portable device. Same headphones and same audio file on my phone and it sounds like trash.

My smartphone needs to be charged every one or two days. The microSD in it holds a bunch of other shit than just music.

>Cossfading

Wasting your phone's battery recharge cycles for this when better alternatives are available. If music players had bluetooth there would little to no reason to use a phone for music.

Design.

Attached: Braun T3 1960.png (777x518, 93K)

>no Internet
>no music
Wonderful

I don't have any dedicated audio player

I just like the looks and wheel.
Oh, and up to 512Gb of memory versus 32 on the phone.

Attached: m0.jpg (790x546, 86K)

>not having both things

>Gameboy emulator and doom
What?

I can't use my phone with my gloves, but I can use my mp3 player.
Also I have a constant fear that my phone breaks and it will play my music loudly instead in the earphones. Happened with my old phone once

>That iPod is the vinil of digital music world.
That's true — such hissing with low impedance headphones can be only compared to the vinyl crackling.

>not having 120 dollars.
t.

... per month.
... to waste on mobile internet.

I could buy a 400GB Sandisk Ultra each month from that kind of money.

>own ipod 3rd gen
Touch?
Miss my Touch 4G. Awesome device.

Most smartphones dont have expandable storage

Attached: IMG_20180119_160629 - Copy.jpg (1215x1620, 789K)

>pay a monthly subscription for a service that relies on an internet connection and doesn't let you actually own the music you listen to
never

Because smartphones don't satisfy my near-fetishistic gear whoring.

Any players that support multiple cover art?

i can only get media controls and album/track names on my wheel/headunit over bluetooth, so I dropped my FiiO X1 in favour of my phone.

having to carry a phone, keys and wallet in my pockets means that I wouldn't have room for one without sacrificing something else anyway.

Attached: 1527575906339.jpg (480x480, 28K)

>multiple
wut

Saves my phone's battery and storage space.

Buy a cheap player with expandable storage?

For tracks that have album art but also an individual track art. iPhones support it by default but I have yet to find any android app that does.

My MP3 player doesn't spy on me.

if you like the garbage that's on streaming servies, yeah
try finding ethnographic recordings from moldavia on spotify, pleb

Attached: rockbox-doom.jpg (2304x3072, 1.46M)

Eh for tracks from a special limited edition version of the same album which have their own art i just edit the cover of that song manually via tags

>t. Only listens to mainstream trash

That isn't good enough. The search continues.

How's the NW-A45 Walkman? Any difference between the /L and /B versions?