Desktop linux is pointless for any non-tech related use because its features and software outside...

desktop linux is pointless for any non-tech related use because its features and software outside programming/IT/servers etc are on par at best with windows and mac and get completely obliterated at worst (see: any creative field)

Attached: 3xMllOF.jpg (320x320, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3spnGnavWFg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks for the blog, frog

so what you are trying to say is
"muh gaymes"?

so the only things you can do on a computer are programming and games, good to know you're retarded

>muh Photoshop
>muh games
Heard it before, OP.

>babby's first redpill
pic related is all the loonix NPCs when seeing this thread

Attached: 1539408976028.png (548x1266, 164K)

Attached: 1540096067507.png (512x512, 361K)

realizing you've just wasted few hours of precious time mashing buttons is not fun alright!

remember to sage on all fields

again, linux is on par at best with win/mac and substantially worse in many ways for anyone in a non technical field. This isn't even exclusively software support related. It's simple ease of use and cohesive functionality.

if you comment the word "sage" it countersages the word you put under options

Ok, then go use whatever garbage you want. I like desktop GNU.

DESIGNATED

Attached: 1528282171407.jpg (643x960, 256K)

glad that we agree that linux has no objective advantages for the vast majority of the population

Most people don't need anything more than a smartphone, which mostly run Linux (Android).

*linux

No, Linus, just GNU.

>desktop linux
You fucking retard

gaanoooo

if you actually run Hurd you are a complete lunatic and if it's just linux calling it GNU and not even GNU / Linux makes you an asshole

Why is it alright to just say Linux but not okay to just say GNU?

Same asshole style like calling GNU "Linux".

being contrarian for the sake of it makes you an asshole

It's for the sake of the recognition of the GNU project.

So to you everything is about either making money and bragging to others about the shit you do in your free time? Because what you said could be applied to any introverted hobby

>realizing you've just wasted few hours of precious time learning something unrelated to your profession is not fun alright!

There, I just did it

You don't gain anything from playing with toys, don't compare it to learning a new skill.

well then. I spend a lot of time making music as a hobby. You know what FOSS music software there is? it's garbage. It's all garbage. it's like MS paint compared to any number of win/mac applications.

occupying your ears with music is one of the brainlet things you can do, on par with gaming.

let me guess, so is everything else other than FOSS software development. nice meme faggot

>FOSS
It's just free software.

i can't tell anymore are you gleefully getting me to reply to shitty bait or is it the other way around

I use Linux because it works, at least in the case of Slackware, while Windows is a steaming piece of shit that breaks all the time and runs like hot ass. I'm a student, and when I come home I want my PC to work. Reliability is more important than any autistic bells and whistles, which is why I use a 12 year old T60 as a daily driver. I don't care what other people use as long as it works for them, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let other people bitch at me over what software I decide to use. It's also funny you say it's not useful for creative fields, as I'm an artist and Krita gives me everything I need, and is really the only reason I keep a more powerful PC around as a secondary box. I've been using Linux almost exclusively since I was like 12 or some shit (2008) and I can vouch that it has come a long way since I first needed a "free operating system" that showed up in my google search bar when I got a new Vista shitbox.
Pic unrelated.

Attached: The_Judge_at_Wounded_Knee.png (811x586, 410K)

honestly go fuck yourself. imagine taking the time to make these retarded troll posts

your PC will automatically restart in 1 minute

youtu.be/3spnGnavWFg

no arguments then

yes, you gain (useless) skills for games
just about as useless as learning linear algebra for a chef

For the average user there is literally no reason to use Windows over Linux except muh gaymes.

>again, linux is on par at best with win/mac
No, except for the programs available(assuming you need proprietary programs), Linux is strictly superior to Windows.

I'm here to haunt winfags.

Attached: gvq357z64iu11.jpg (660x795, 55K)

why didn't he make the font bigger ?
also the banner is too big for his wingspan

Right, because the average user really wants to have something break and have to root around in a terminal to fix and or install things. Remember, most users are retards who probably couldn't even upgrade RAM in a desktop or boot into their BIOS. Linux is totally useless for these people because even Ubuntu leans on terminal usage.
name one way relevant to people not working in a tech field. You lose if you use the word "freedom". No one cares.

>Right, because the average user really wants to have something break and have to root around in a terminal to fix and or install things. Remember, most users are retards who probably couldn't even upgrade RAM in a desktop or boot into their BIOS. Linux is totally useless for these people because even Ubuntu leans on terminal usage.
You have either never used a modern user friendly distro or are just shilling for Microsoft because that's bullshit. You can use Ubuntu just fine without ever touching terminal(unless you're doing something a normal user would never even think of doing), and Linux is much less likely to just break than Windows is.

>name one way relevant to people not working in a tech field. You lose if you use the word "freedom". No one cares.
Performance, security, reliability.