Why are you not using tox yet Jow Forums

Why are you not using tox yet Jow Forums? It is a p2p skype / discord killer that supports:

- group chat
- low latency audio
- low latency video
- file transfer between friends
- full anonymous tor support

Tox was originally started right here on Jow Forums and has been increasing in quality since with frequent commits. Setup instructions are at: pastebin.com/Q3CB1mS9

Attached: tox.png (648x720, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=chat.tox.antox
github.com/matrix-org/synapse
github.com/coturn/coturn
banter.city
totallysafe.website
matrix.to/#/#general:banter.city
nextcloud.com/talk/
meet.jit.si/
github.com/Antox/Antox/issues/103
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hasn't been audited. It can't be used as a phone replacement.

I would use it if anyone else did

Never heard about it desu

>It can't be used as a phone replacement.
Tox has had a working phone client for years. I use it every day. play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=chat.tox.antox
>Hasn't been audited
The crypto library has been

>I would use it if anyone else did
There are 50 people between the two group chats I am in.

Attached: 3ce5c9dd2039fb4674e00d42c8bc453f67eed107840d4eca701aee16fa989a1b.jpg (1032x774, 124K)

post your address so i can add you

Add the bot address in the pastebin link

Attached: DgAZacOX0AEN5Ag.jpg (211x239, 8K)

I don't mean a phone client, I mean as in being able to call up someone whenever, due to decentralized nature, or maybe autism, I dunno. The other party has to be expecting it or at least prepared for it.

Doesn't mean it's used properly.

I tried toying around with it about 2 years ago, but it was pretty shaky and Mumble served my needs just fine. Maybe it's time to see what it's become.

>The other party has to be expecting it or at least prepared for it.
Yes user to chat with someone they have to be online. I'm not sure how you expect to call someone if they were offline even with a real phone. You want fucking voice mail?
>Doesn't mean it's used properly.
If you are so concerned go read the source. It is not long.

Ok requested invite

tox leaks your IP address

>what is tor
So do torrents. How the fuck do you think p2p works. THE VERY FIRST POST says that it has full tor support if you want full anonymity.

Attached: 6a937b07fe14c0cc8dc90a821d7fa94a44d73895eb18644e468990272d9f7d30.jpg (638x746, 69K)

then stop calling people you don't trust with your ip.
or

It says i am in Group 0 but i keep getting "Failed to send message (error 3)

idk user did you try turning it off and on again

Attached: 917d409427ddce85b578c9e27007580445d08c2fb12cbbe3d29b57d70bf52e3e.jpg (855x720, 83K)

brb building from source, CLI version not working i guess

is it encrypted?

Yes

Attached: 00b05e643a8bc7e1499b0f08f41a44809eb8ceeac01aaed35664ef3795457131.png (481x463, 145K)

any other cool chats besides op's one?

is this fucking project still alive?

Yes, check the github, it is active

Riot.im, Briar, Wire.

Are those tox groups

No

No thore are not. My question was about Tox groups tho

>chats = groups
People here use the word chats for chat apps.

I'd have used messagins apps or instant messaging apps, chat APPS. Not chats.
-.-" kek

>The crypto library has been
Doesn't mean shit. The library can be secure but Tox devs could fuck up implementation.

Lol Tox doesnt even werk

I installed w/ 2 brainlet friends

>user this was easy to install (even the tor part)
>user the chat is really good
>user I like the file transfers
But then the group call 2 second latency happened...
>user we can't use this, we won't be able play our epic vidya

My next attempt at merging my normie nigger cattle group of friends is to attempt a mumble server, followed by setting up Riot-im and exploring its bridges (which I don't understand as of yet but seem powerful), I just can't use this discord shit forever its killing me.

Riot's just a client, you need to set up a Matrix server and coturn to use VoIP.

github.com/matrix-org/synapse
github.com/coturn/coturn

Or you could just use banter.city as your homeserver. We have out own Riot web gateway at totallysafe.website

Feel free to get in touch at matrix.to/#/#general:banter.city

Mumble is just too much of a shit desu. I had bugs with overlay, bugs with password for channels.. just make a TS server.

It's built for end-to-end privacy and decentralization, not low latency.
For low latency, you're better off with matrix.

What do you think of Nextcloud or Jitsi Jow Forums?

nextcloud.com/talk/

meet.jit.si/

Just compiled it, anyone wanna add me for keks

Already been using it.
Audio quality is not that good but otherwise it just works.

That's what you get for using P2P for live shit, especially with normies. I've been hosting Mumble for years and as long as you manage your bandwidth, it never fails. Traffic shaping is your friend when hosting on most kike ISPs.

Bot broke

Attached: Capture+_2018-10-29-12-16-00.png (720x1199, 72K)

>nextcloud
PHP what a joke.
Webshit, trash, both.

No you wait

Mumble is amazing and simple as fuck, use it.

Anyone have any active chat rooms? the one I'm in is dead.

bumping for interest

fucking normies

tox doesn't support group calls and antox doesn't even support group chat.
sorry but currently xmpp is best if you're looking to use it on your phone as a half decent replacement for whatsapp. at least until antox adds group chat

its me the guy who made the website and some other shit for tox checking in again to remind you that tox is total trash and is dead and anybody who tries to tell you otherwise doesn't understand the project

Tox leaks your IP

Tox leaks your IP to anybody you message. You dont even have to call them.

It's me from FINS telling you and all the other literal niggers on this website to suck my cock. Tox has never even slowed down, it's been my daily driver and dogfood since 2013.
Every time I'm linked back to this shithole the average IQ has descended even further. This place is probably 90% phonepoasters now

I have no words. Same shit as always. It's absolute rote garbage regurgitation over and over. You don't need to kill yourselves. You were never alive.

i literally was part of the tox dev team and haven't even been on here except to post in these threads for over a year you fucking cumsock, none of the good devs behind it ever took it seriously, only larping retards ever actually cared about it and have never contributed anything useful

it's a dead pet project that nobody except a few legacy users and a few autistic developers even care that it exists

the only good thing that has ever and will ever come of tox was that shitty toxvpn project because it gave the devs a good excuse to play minetest with tekkit for over a year instead of doing useless dev work on tox

No matter how much you desperately repeat IT'S DEAD IT'S DEAD, you STILL can't kill Tox by crying and pretending. :^)
also fuck off nigger you literally made nothing, t. guy who wrote all the copy and called you a faggot on github a few times
>Google Captcha for every fucking post
absolutely feminized
enjoy your facebook clone, i'll be shooting nacled packets across the globe with no central infrastructure

>Not audited
>Roots in autistic basketweaving forum
>Matrix and signal exist

if you can masturbate by playing ping pong with libsodium boxed messages then you do you sir

nobody is trying to kill tox, there is literally no need

I have been recently using TOX... other than Antidote does anybody know of any other TOX clients for the iOS?

>Tox has never even slowed down, it's been my daily driver and dogfood since 2013.
Nice try shill. We are not leaking our IPs.

its a feature

toxic via ssh

>minetest
fuck yeah

luv u
fuck you gen2

Tox has full tor support. Install tor. You are leaking your IP to every shitty site you connect to right now.

>tox doesn't support group calls
Yes it does. I use them.
>antox doesn't even support group chat.
Yes it does I use it.
>sorry but currently xmpp is best if you're looking to use it on your phone
If you want a shitty server

Ignore the gypo

when will they fix auto updates, this shit is embarrassing.

How can it be called "secure" if it does not have out-of-the-box IP encryption? Inb4:
>just use Tor
Fuck you, shills, do you really want me to trust those Pentagon rats?

>when will they fix auto updates, this shit is embarrassing.
What's embarrassing is that Tox leaks your IP and it came from Jow Forums

>your IP is being leaked to Jow Forums and cloudflare right now
>your IP is being leaked to signal
>your IP is being leaked to discord
You should not use any app until the IP protocol is removed because it is impossible to solve.

Attached: DdZpBeXU8AAfvqm.jpg (632x303, 21K)

>implying i don't use vpn over vpn while browsing this mongolian basket weaving forum

Will this run on PPC?

If you use a VPN then Tox is the same you retard.

Attached: 502259d0d338bcc2affea9d8f66415dc2993923c6c4606522bb1765def389562.png (1024x1024, 916K)

>>antox doesn't even support group chat.
>Yes it does I use it.
github.com/Antox/Antox/issues/103

Attached: 2ez4f8.jpg (480x360, 44K)

>github.com/Antox/Antox/issues/103
Use TRiFA

Minetest actually became something?

Groupchats are not currently supported due to limitations in the java library. It only supports new-groupchats so antox will not have groupchats until new-groupchats is added to toxcore

so don't text people you don't know

>it's a dead pet project
>hurdur it's shit
>t. web dev pleb

whatever you say fgt

the fact is it works - text, voice and video

go kys

Its not gen2 its Oranges

go to bed Oranges

No

this

Attached: 9bcb85abad6d9b8c1cbba8b566225c2e658d78c7a6897efd76b2fbcee46614b8.jpg (1030x720, 86K)

So which android app is recommended? Last I tried them they were both a shitshow

>Recommending IPLeaker

>haven't even been on here except to post in these threads for over a year
what's your script dawg? that's some mighty grep-fu you got there

it's also deprecated and only gets security updates infrequently

the only complaint about tox in this thread is about their ip getting leaked is coming from the same people leaking their ip to every fucking site they visit

If you're going to be connecting through Tor, why not use software like Briar that's designed for it?

Attached: briar_logo_large.png (236x310, 6K)

Tox IS designed for tor. All the major clients have options to use SOCKS5 / disabling DHT / etc. All the features work over tor. Stop spreading FUD.
>leaking your IP to Jow Forums right now

Attached: 4e9c580cede1b7755458d6b932ac752ea05e66e6b359ceb4f510e6c5335a47ee.jpg (501x585, 38K)

>centralisation is bad, they collect and sell all your data
>decentralisation is bad, they leak your IP
Just stop using the internet.

in the meantime of this useless banter, if something leaks my public IP address, doesn't that expose me to attacks? I can think back to the old days where skype leaked your IP address (easily) and people would DDOS or otherwise break into your shit because they had your IP.

it being given out to randos is worse than to a company

Regardless, I'm interested in these implications. I'm a massive fan of free speech and privacy, and I see p2p as the main way that this could become a reality. I think I'd like to see how it would work if you linked it to ethereum. If you got it running as a dapp, and really just got this whole bit a-flowing.

Checked it out years ago, was fairly sparse as far as functionality went, then never heard anything about it again so I didn't remember to check back. You guys need to promote it more.

Is tox a viable Skype replacement?

they are right though, ip leaks to Jow Forums are not as bad. I study cybersec man, if somebody just gives me their ip address then I can pentest their router. It's a small attack vector, sure, but you'd be surprised. Some of these vulnerabilities in home routers are massive, and the companies behind these low-budget routers have security as a very low priority.

>leaking your IP to Jow Forums
>implying I'm not in the gibson right now and using it to post on Jow Forums

The big complains about Tox is there is no real multi-device support, new group chat hasn't been implemented and offline messaging never going to be a real thing due to p2p.

>the only complaint about tox in this thread is about their ip getting leaked is coming from the same people leaking their ip to every fucking site they visit
Post a screenshot of your router's public WAN IP page right now.

It's updated every month, what else do you want?

>you are leaking your IP to Jow Forums and cloudflare right now
>tox has full tor support and you skip right over this

>needing tor to hide your IP
no

>you should recreate a shitty copy of tor with even fewer nodes so that it is even less secure
you are a retard

tox is poorly designed, you IP leak lover