Can we make more water?

Stupid question probably but I don't understand why we can't make water. I have read that there will never be any more water on earth than there is now. I have also read that there is loads of water in outer space which I had no idea about until recently.

I am not sure if this is the right board but what can be done about the water problems looming over humanity?

Attached: glass_water__large.jpg (590x590, 39K)

We could. Condensation polymers have lots of water as byproduct. It's just that it needs a lot of energy to make and purify

desalination is expensive as fuck, we should start there

>build small modular nuclear reactor
>use process heat or generated electricity to desalinate water
>???????
>profit!

Why would we need more water? It's recyclable

It has gotten a lot cheaper. Nowadays, it's mainly just the energy costs being 2-3x that of freshwater treatment.

desalinization pairs well with solar because places short on water are often long on sun and it doesn't require constant baseband power.

Water is constantly being created and destroyed by Photosynthesis and Respiration:
CO2 + H2O + sunlight → CH2O + O2
C6H12O6 + O2 → CO2 + H2O + heat
The bonds that hold hydrogen to oxygen aren't particularly strong and water molecules can be easily produced. Heck, anytime an acid(H+) neutralizes a base(OH-) a water molecule is made.

>I like drinking piss

Oh god I wish I had a gf who would let me drink her piss

>thinking you're nit already drinking piss right now
The power of the US education sustem everyone

I'm actually drinking someone's poop.

The main confusion that people are failing to mention is that there will never be any more *H2O* on earth than there is now. You need H2O to make water, so that's where the problem lies.

Attached: cb5.gif (200x200, 559K)

Technically, there is almost an oceans worth of water bound in the deep lithosphere but likely we are never going to get it out without planetary scale engineering.

The only thing limiting recyling forever is energy. We can just keep building more and more efficent wastewater treatment plants. Bioreactors are also coming along nicely, maybe in the future we can just use genetically engineerid bacterial mats to cheaply and efficently purify as much water as we want. Hell, event salt-sequestering bacteria might be possible, and failing that we can just shit solar desalinization plants on every coast.

Water shortage is a meme.

Breathe dude it makes water

now this is podracing

Distilled water - > deionized water -> ultrapure water

Tidal power / solar?

cars powered by hydrogen fuel cells shit out water dont they? we all gonna drown

why not create more O fusing H?
theoretically an star is all you need.

*bonds 2 atoms of hydrogen to 1 atom of oxygen*

I have never related to a post on the internet more than now.

Desalination requires a lot of physical filtering too, it's not as simple as you think.

isn't the whole point that we DON'T want the sea levels to rise?

But it still requires a lot of water.
Also, if that were true, why is no Middle Eastern country doing that? They all prefer using advanced filters and sieves instead.

Hence why nuclear simplifies that, lots of energy available all the time - at any time.

Give these poor people some forests and more plants.
Help these plants not perish and guard them from local stupid NPCs.

Because fusing carbon is even more difficult than fusing hydrogen.

Stop watching CNN and reading nyt

In about 2 billion years, enough of earth's hydrogen will have escaped into space that the planet will be a desert, effectively as dry as Mars (where it's already happened: less planetary mass means both lower escape velocity for the hydrogen atoms, -and- less radioactive material to fuel plate tectonics and thus a magnetic field to shield against solar wind).

But there's lots more water to be found in comets.

>tfw drink gf's piss straight from the source

Oh, btw