Where did it all go so horribly wrong?

Where did it all go so horribly wrong?

Attached: NordVPN-logo.jpg (1280x800, 91K)

When they started advertising to normies

what happened?

t. PIA marketing team

>constantly shilling VPN services in 2018
>not rolling your own for £1 a month

Why even bother posting on a tech board when you're this much of a brainlet? Oh that's right, unironically being a paid shill.

Nords r cux

I like nord, what's the problem?

If you're the only one on your cloud host, its obvious that the traffic coming in and out of it is yours. If you're looking for some deniability, its not the right way to go.

>If you're the only one on your cloud host

When the fuck is that ever going to happen? £1 server nodes aren't going to be sitting at 2% utilisation. Or are you talking about your single VM?

If you're about to get vanned for that kind of shit, not even nord will help you

If you are looking for obfuscation, use tor on your vps.

Your single VM has a single IP at the time that you use it, and that's an easy thing for your provider to produce on demand if they want to or are forced to. It depends on your use case, if you're just trying to hide from snoopers at starbucks it's probably fine.

Why not just use tor on your VPN?

I think the max security option is to use a heavily populated non-US no-log VPN service to tunnel TOR over. Doing what you said is cheaper and probably adequate for 99% of users. In either of those cases the VPN is only there to save you in the case that TOR is being actively exploited. But if TOR is exploited and the IP comes back to a VPN only you have access to the VPN didn't buy you any protection.

NordVPN is slow as shit. Never going to use them again. Works for the first request then all others crap out.

What kind of fucked up shit are you downloading for
>max security
using Nord won't protect you from that shit, user, Also, get help you disgusting fuck

Meh, its just smarter not to have the VPN come back directly to your name, TOR or not. Say you're torrenting the latest walking dead. MPAA is more likely to get your name from your home brew VPN than from Nord, because they don't have to figure out which user the traffic came from. If you're going through all this trouble to be secure, it should be secure...right?

What does Jow Forums think of ExpressVPN?

Attached: 6106kxfYV1L.png (1280x720, 64K)

I use it, they log some small amount of info, but they're away from 14 eyes.

British Virgin Isles is a British colony tho...

Pretty much this. I use PIA to avoid copyright infringements and nothing more. The average user doesn't need to worry about such in depth obfuscation.

t. tesonet

>The territory operates as a parliamentary democracy. Ultimate executive authority in British Virgin Islands is vested in the Queen, and is exercised on her behalf by the Governor of the British Virgin Islands. The governor is appointed by the Queen on the advice of the British government. Defence and most foreign affairs remain the responsibility of the United Kingdom.

2ND BEST VPN AND SUPER CHEAP

lol people actually believe this

Can someone tell me what the point of using a VPN is when TOR is available?

>posting his vpn provider

Attached: 1486585378391.jpg (399x385, 29K)

What?

$4/month and no logs

speed

Yeah, for 8 more hours, and it's for 2 years

Also
>paying for a VPN using fiat currency

You can post anywhere from a VPN. It's like a 2nd IP. Most sites block tor exist nodes. You can view them, but posting/making accounts is usually prohibited.

yep had the same experience. fark those guys

Jow Forums blocks posting from vpn

Depends what you use. My seedbox has a VPN service and I can post freely from it. The popular ones are all blocked because too many fucking normies shitted them up or got them banned.

VPNs are pointless now. prove me wrong

I still use them. They released a sweet Linux cli too.

BUY
A
PASS

>VPNs are pointless now. prove me wrong
You haven't made an argument as to why. That's not how it works.

They're more useful than ever before. I barely do anything on my bare IP anymore.

Enjoy being profiled.

enjoy your placebo while funneling your traffic into one company

>normies

I got copyright infringement letters when I torrented via my IP. Now I don't.

>funneling your traffic into one company
..As opposed to funneling your traffic into one ISP?

I don't trust these fuckers. They're successful. Prevalent. Too successful. I smell NSA.

you –> your ISP –> VPN1 –> Tor –> VPN2

purevpn.com

>not using trustworthy vpns with no scandals such as:
>mullvad
>ivpn
>ovpn
>azirevpn
>airvpn

>instead using untrustworthy vpns that have had scandals such as:
>nordvpn
>protonvpn
>purevpn
>pia

the absolute state of Jow Forums

That's overkill and would probably drop my speeds to dial-up tier + shit latency.