Computer illiterate here. Ran into pic related. I don’t give a fuck about the files in my computer...

Computer illiterate here. Ran into pic related. I don’t give a fuck about the files in my computer. Can I just format the pc to make the problem will go away?

Attached: B8C5B347-32EB-4F04-A1A4-20F38BDE957F.jpg (640x739, 603K)

Other urls found in this thread:

labs.bitdefender.com/2018/10/gandcrab-ransomware-decryption-tool-available-for-free/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah that would work, how'd you fall for this?

Just install gentoo and this won't happen anymore

Since you're tech illiterate it's possible they have sensitive information like Facebook login, Amazong, SSN, bank info, things you don't think twice about doing on your computer.

>bloco de notas
huehuehue

The computer is brand new and not even mine.
>new gf
>new gf buys new laptop
>”user I didn’t want to pay for microsoft office, you’ll install it for me right?”
>”sure”
>take usb pen with Office 2013 I’ve been using for years
>kms activator disappears when I try to use it
>have no idea what’s going and I’m tired so I leave
>next bight I remember it must be mcafee that’s hiding/deleting the file
>turn mcafee off
>forgot the usb pen so I have to download the kms activator
>meanwhile gf is making me rock hard in bed because she wants to fuck
>download it from somewhere
>leave everything halfway and have sex
>look at the screen later and it’s opening millions of “laserveradedomaina.com” tabs
>shut it down
>when I turn it on a few days later notice all files have a srpytz extension
>see gandcrab
>go to control panel and see safefinder, shutdowntime version 1.0, youtube adblock, yubby and foldershare installed
What do?

O BRASIL É DA LUSITÂNIA

Gentoo will take care of it.

I would reinstall the operating system, which wipes the drive in the process.

É A NOVA ERA, TÁ COM MEDO PETISTA SAFADA?

Doubtful, probably just ran the ransomware as soon as it infected him.
Yes, formatting the drive will fix any kind of malware unless it's from th NSA or something.

Fuck off shitskin.

If it's a new laptop, take it back to the store.

He might be from Portugal retard. That's were the language Portuguese comes from, not from the monkey land.

Don't give two fucks if it's a new computer. Microsoft allows you to download Windows ISOs from their website now. Modern laptops have the Windows key embedded in the BIOS. Just grab the ISO from Microsoft, put it on a USB stick, format the HDD using the installer and install Windows and it'll pick up the key from BIOS and you're good to go. There's nothing to save since it's new anyway.

Thank you friends.

And yeah, I’m a moortuguese not a sopa de macaco. I hope based Bolsonaro cleanses that beautiful land though.

Nuke the install. Reinstall windows.
>Computer illiterate here
Or bring it to the shop, fake ignorance

Don't forget to get rid of the rootkit by unplugging AC and removing the battery for at least 30 seconds just before booting on a new iso.

By the way, use another safe computer to set up the iso in an usb stick or a CD. Never use a compromised computer for that, everything coming from a compromised computer should be considered as compromised.

Didn't just buy a key off scdkeys

>>take usb pen with Office 2013 I’ve been using for years
woah, what the fuck a payload then?

Kek, are ransomwares still around?

Why wouldn't they?

I thought it was just a fad.
And I refuse to believe normies will actually download tor, buy crypto, and send it to maybe get their files back

Committing suicide is another option.

>download it from somewhere
Couldn't you just put down the damned laptop and download later from trusted source?

>Under no circumstance do not delete
OK
>[DEL]

Reinstall Windows 10.
Install LibreOffice.

Install Gentoo

Computer illiterates exist. But those aren't your biggest target.
It's the barely literate once that are suckers for ransomware. And those are also the ones most likely to pay.
>OMG I can't access the pictures of my wife's boyfriends kid, better pay these people and things will be OK

>I refuse to believe normies will actually download tor, buy crypto, and send it to maybe get their files back
Do you think normies have backups?

U can't even read mate

congrats, it's decryptable
labs.bitdefender.com/2018/10/gandcrab-ransomware-decryption-tool-available-for-free/

Attached: installing both bitdefender and kaspersky.webm (1280x720, 2.48M)

That's a variant of wanacry/petya/notpetaya ect.

What the absolute fuck did you download or click on to get this?

If you don't want to try saving the files yes reformat. Probably you won't be able to anyway although a linux bootable might work. Reformat using gparted.

wtf

>What do?
Pay for fucking Office, or use LibreOffice.

Hold shift, restart.
Troubleshooting
Advanced
Reload Windows
Delete all files

Attached: 1511604439263.png (500x411, 247K)