Is it just me or is Google continuously getting worse?

Is it just me or is Google continuously getting worse?

Every time I search for something more complex than "hows the weather on day x" or "who was person y and what did he do", it just shows me the same random ass news articles and the same ass sites with basic information that I already know about. Doesn't matter how complex and precise I try to put my search query, the things I'm actually looking for are almost always on the 3rd or 4th page. Google also tries way to often to just guess the thing I'm looking for based on what I searched before, instead of just giving me results based on what my current search query.

Is there any alternative to google worth trying out?

>inb4 Wolphram Alpha
I like it but it's slow af and as dumb as a nigger.

Attached: (((Google))).jpg (301x168, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deepl.com/en/translator
yacy.net/en/index.html
yoona.everdot.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

make the plunge to bing. we're living in a crazy world. the liberals are spouting intolerant messages, the right wing is the only wing that supports freedom of speech, it's ok to spy on people for advertising purposes, most diseases are curable with pills, and microsoft, yes, that microsoft, makes awesome web products. also bing image search puts google's to shame. i'm surprised google is falling so far behind.

Yup, it got worse.

>(((bing)))
Trash. Searx > Qwant > DDG > StartPage > not using the internet

>the right wing is the only wing that supports freedom of speech
Except for liberals

Remember when they completely removed boolean operators then gradually introduced some of them back?

Searx is surprisingly good desu.

I moved to Bing a few years back. Far from perfect but definitely better than Google.

Too bad searx.me fucks up at random times. Forced me to move to searx.xyz since it's much more reliable.

Blocking "hate speech" and "opinions I don't like" under the guise of "hate speech" is not freedom of speech.

Didn't know there are two versions, how are they different?

try this search on bing vs google "ice sheet impact"

>Using google in 2018
Use duckduckgo obviously. Its better and the results are better.

Maybe worded it poorly since English isn't my first language but my point was: don't give me any bullshit about right wingers supporting free speech because you'd censor liberal opinions if you could.

i can’t tell if this post is ironic or not

this but unironically

u boys on the Koolaid, or Krokodil ?
Bing is fucking terrible, and I actually do try it occasionally (left as default on less-used browser). Maybe less awful if not constantly comparing it side-by-side, but, its painful, and its hardly going to improve much now - thought MS were giving up on it anyway ?

Remember when putting a search phrase in quotes meant "I'm searching for this EXACT motherfucking phrase"?
Remember when prefixing a keyword with + meant "I'm searching for this EXACT motherfucking keyword, and no, I didn't fucking misspell it"?
Remember when you could use boolean operators and parentheses for grouping?

None of these work anymore. 90% of results I get these days are not for my actual query, but for Google's retarded (mis)interpretation of it based on what normies look for.

I mainly use the query box to send insults to google these days, AMA

>Except for liberals
Yeah nah

>liberals actually censor
>conservatives would too!
Two very different things, nigger

Its worse because the fell for the neural nets meme. Google translate especially is lot worse than what it used to be.

Jow Forums is that a ways fellas

Attached: IMG_4291.jpg (1360x906, 211K)

Let's dispel this fiction once and for all that Alphabet Inc doesn't know what it's doing. It knows exactly what it's doing.

Has your computer been acting strangely in recent times? Have you noticed random strangers after sunset standing in front of your house for hours? Are there black sedans with dark tinted windows parked near your house that don't belong to any of your neighbors?

the neural network meme can work pretty way with translation software. Try this: deepl.com/en/translator

absolute mad lad

So fucking this.

>90% of results I get these days are not for my actual query, but for Google's retarded (mis)interpretation of it based on what normies look for.

That's the marvel of "AI tech" working for you. It doesn't just return search results anymore, it's trying to tell you what you should do next.

I doubt any of those actually have a search engine. Most likely they are all just doing meta-searches. I know I've tried Qwant before and it's nice, but I've heard it uses Bing on its backend.
So, might as well use bing and get the results faster.

>is Google continuously getting worse?
It has been going downhill for a long time and these days it's downright useless.

The sad part is that the only actual alternative we've got is YaCy and it's slow and results are not good. But it is the only p2p based search engine system there is right now. We need something better. If you're not familiar with it, check it out at yacy.net/en/index.html
and feel free to try my node at
yoona.everdot.org/
to see what it's like. As you'll see, it's not very good but it's also not censored and it doesn't give you "personalized" search results like Google does - which I suspect is why it's garbage, results are not based on what you're looking for, they are based on what they think you may enjoy seeing and what you search for before.

There's also Searx as an alternative and it's fine, kind of, for now. The danger is that it's just another meta search engine which relies on Bing, Google and others. It can only be as good and uncensored as the search-engines it scrapes.

Searx is a meta search engine you can install on your own server if you want to. There's a lot of public-facing instances of it with various configurations. You can roll your own, too. The advantage is that search-engines tend to ban an IP sending too many requests so public-facing searx sites tend to be banned by one or more search-providers (bing/google/whatever).

>REEEEEE You can't discuss politics when it intersects with technology
t. Child

This is a thread about search-engines, specifically Google. It's hard not to mention election manipulation and politics when Google's the subject.

Take a good hard look at pic related. The important lesson from it isn't that one presidential candidate who happened to be elected as president was missing from the results. The lesson is that a whole lot is missing from Googles results these days and it's usually nowhere near this clear that results are missing. If you don't know a website exists and you can't find it then you'll have no idea it's missing.

Attached: Google-Search-Engine-Error.jpg (788x759, 66K)