Can average programmers make it? What separates an average programmer and an experience one...

can average programmers make it? What separates an average programmer and an experience one? How much time does it take to get there?

Attached: yayKeyboard.gif (480x270, 502K)

scripting languages = for retards
programming languages = non-retards

My buddy Haitao can look at a problem and just spit out code

Akari is a normie

Yeah just work for the government.

Is Scheme/Lisp a scripting language?

nigga, if you get learned n' shiet, den you gon be a muttafuggin progrAMmer.

Attached: 800px_COLOURBOX2335881.jpg (800x533, 69K)

experience programmers realize more quickly that they need to change their approach to a problem!!

Attached: tak.gif (320x240, 226K)

>What separates an average programmer and an experience one?

autism mostly

Attached: 1536435478052.jpg (286x327, 17K)

An absolute shitload of practice writing very large pieces of software.

>How much time does it take to get there?

Years.

Programmers are brainlets that can write code, and get something working that fulfils the requirements.

Software engineers are the real shit. They can discuss trade offs of different implementations. Built with components and tests broken down nicely. They know how to properly document their beautiful code so a team can pick up where you left off.

Usually programmers are self taught. Software engineers went to school or have enough experience.

decent breakdown.

>Software engineers went to school

Formal education doesn't cut it to learn quality software engineering. It's all about getting in years of full time experience.

It doesn't matter because to get any real world experience you're going to need to go to school anyway.

Unless you have a godly git portfolio, you're not going to get hired with no degree.

Kawaii 40% keyboard with double-shot PBT Miami key cap set
Programming socks

>Formal education doesnt cut it
The degree alone wont. But if you went to school you best have gotten an internship that would teach you this. I also had a standalone software engineering course went into best practices and such

True.

An internship will get you started, but it'll take a lot more experience than that.

Internship is just demo'ing the work process. Even if you got hired full time, you're probably going to be doing simple tasks like cleaning up some junior devs shit, bug testing and code monkey tier work for atleast 3 years.

>demoing the work process
True for my first internship. But if you can get an internship at a real tech company then you can do some real shit.

If you're luck enough to have a real team, real mentors and real project, then you'll get real experience. If you really built something where you can give a number for how it improved the company, you'll get fulltime offer before the end of the internship.

This. Sock length and colourfulness are directly proportional to programming skill.

What is the fastest way to improve? It seems like everywhere I go, there is always some pajeet or zhang who can do it twice as fast

Average and experienced are not mutually exclusive.
First project manager I've worked with had almost 10 years of experience, and was still very mediocre.