What are your thoughts on IBM buying Red Hat?

What are your thoughts on this?

Attached: Redhat-logo.jpg (900x700, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/quote/RHT181102C00155000?p=RHT181102C00155000
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

RIP pizzahat.

I don't really get the fearmongering. I highly doubt this will change literally anything, and things will continue on as usual. I could be missing something though.

I think they would look spiffy in their new hat.

My thoughts are that (((they))) are extending, just like the old plain mails from early XX Century where the snake is entagling the whole world

Goodbye American workers, HELLLLO INDIAAA

Attached: 1537633446645.jpg (800x446, 39K)

It’s IBM increasing the range for its services/consulting business. Watson was a mistake

They won’t dare do anything to fuck with this golden goose. At least, not on purpose

IBM has exactly been good with software, ever.
Most everything they've ever coded was horribly bloated, full of security holes and effectively requires an IBM support contract (by design)
Of course ownership isn't going to suddenly change RedHat overnight, but RedHat themselves have already started the slow creep to bloat, IBM's choices will only hasten it - that's a bad thing for Linux in general as RedHat has a lot of sway.

The outright featmongering is a but much, but this change is probably not for the best - much like Oracle buying Sun turned out to be bad for anyone who wasn't Oracle.

Its a good deal
>not turning 70 dollars into $133,000

finance.yahoo.com/quote/RHT181102C00155000?p=RHT181102C00155000

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

based iranians

Donate to fund Haiku and the BSDs ASAP. We need an escape hatch.

Makes a lot of sense really.

Openshift + Docker + Hybrid Cloud is a very easy sell to most large enterprises. IBM will also try to hawk their OpenPower servers to complete the package.

People worry about IBM influencing Red Hat too much, but I feel like it is going to be the other way around really. IBM needs a shakeup, and buying out the largest open source private company is a sure way to do it.

Red Hat is/was a public company.
As for OpenPower that is going to require a LOT of changes as the idea of OpenShift is to run any container that you have but it is limited to the arch and OS.

They've been doing a lot of work porting shit to POWER on Linux but I think most of what's going to happen is a diversion of effort in redhat to port even more shit to POWER.

doesn't matter what they port. OpenShift can run pretty much any non-root container on docker hub. Going to power limits that.

>I don't really get the fearmongering. I highly doubt this will change literally anything, and things will continue on as usual.

Attached: plush pepe.png (500x500, 358K)

There will be a mass exodus of Redhat employees to Google, Amazon, Facebook etc. The few that stay will eventually be replaced with Indians that will replace Gnome with a web app that runs on Websphere, takes 5 minutes to start, requires 32GB of RAM and constantly crashes due to NullPointerExceptions. Error logs will be nothing but thousand line stack traces.

accurate

Attached: 1476246234734.jpg (604x604, 55K)

Open source as a concept will die over the next 5 years. As the economy worsens and people realize that being a free slave worker for the open source cult doesnt make them any money, they move on to making real software that profits them. Which will naturally be closed source. The big corps that have open sourced their software will see that they get 0.08% of contributions from outside people and realize that while it was a nice little marketing gag, their open source software didn't actually improve their bottom line in any measurable way.
This was a big fad and it ends now. Move on to Windows or die with Linux, that's your choice.

as a red hat employee why could it have not been Microsoft?

I don't know what you're talking about, they have precisely been porting Docker.

Except M$ just bought GitHub and is ironically the largest contributor to open source.

who is this they?
We(RedHat) have been trying to move away from docker. Hence cri-o and buildah

embrace extend extinguish

aids buying cancer to be stronger in the killing side.
redhat, as the good whore it is, is selling linux to anyone.
I think I'll change trade to something manual soon. All this shit is becoming really annoying.

We(IBM) have spent a good chunk of last year porting Golang and docker components to POWER9

holy shit, 34 billions.... what a scam
redhat is worth a few millions at best

Scared. One of the open source system we use at my company is optaplanner, which is developed by red hat employees and is actually a competitor to IBM's stupid c-plex solver

I use Windows so I don’t give a flying fuck

Attached: adesivo_redondo_logotipo_de_red_hat_linux-r29240c84ce7d42bba75cd7958415fe99_v9waf_8byvr_630.jpg (630x630, 38K)