Redpill me on this company. why are they selling so much...

redpill me on this company. why are they selling so much. is their just hype like applel or do they really offer a tech/design/cost advantage?

Attached: download.png (2000x2890, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_electric_cars_currently_available#Highway-capable
youtube.com/watch?v=-U8JK7lUqA8
news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/06/carbon-engineering-liquid-fuel-carbon-capture-neutral-science/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

satania

Tesla model 3 is fairly cheap , fast , comfy , cheap to maintain and have scored the best in crash testes too
They are generally have high quality and good price per perfomance/quality values

applel hype, better support than avg. car manufacturer, ceo is a mad cunt, literally 1488

explain?

is the news about their manufacturing processes being below industry standard true or just propaganda?

Wide adoption of new tech, new investors think they are buying the next APPL so a lot of FUD is being thrown. Electric cars are really cheap to maintain and currently you can charge them literally for free. It's a no brainer if you have the initial cash to pay 2x the price of a normal car, you get a lot of benefits and the government is too slow on regulation.

it helps that all of their customers have signed NDAs. that plus aggressive marketing and a CEO mascot will get you pretty far

Apple makes the best phones, laptops, OS, and software. Stay mad, zoomer.

what phones, laptops, OS and software do zoomers use?

>aggressive marketing
but they literally don't do any advertising except maybe shilling on internet. I haven't seen a tesla ad anywhere ever

Their assembly lines are very inefficienct.

zoomers use ishit, boomers and pajeets use android because its cheaper

>better support
teslel doesn't like you repairiing your own shit or getting it repaired at a repair shop, while any standard manufacturer like GM or toyota will easily sell you parts first hand

it's applel vs samsung+everyone else and mac vs PC all over again

Zoomers = YouTube addicts = easily influenced by YouTube techshit peddlers who universally obsess over ugly Korean/chinese phone of the day

what's the average cost of a tesla compared to a standard gas car

zoomers are dumb as rocks, they can't understand concepts like file management and package installation

that only means the car is made slowly right? does it have anything to do with the safety and car quality?

Some Tesla models can have their software updated over WiFi. They are botnet cars. If you want an electric car it's better to convert one.

Worse. Ledditkikes hyped it up too much and now it's way beyond itoddler shit hype.

correct, but it's upsetting investors quite a bit since slower production == slower path to profit.
It's delighting the shortbus types though.

The early Model S and Model 3 had some minor quality issues (poorly aligned body panels, squeaks and rattles from the interior), newer cars are just as good as any other brand though.

botnet is gonna be unavoidable soon. companies are pushing IoT very hard. I saw an ad for some chink domestic appliance company and it creeped me out. basically wanted to connect every single device to """integrate""" them so they could collect data on every single aspect of your life

1984 soon

>teslel doesn't like you repairiing your own shit or getting it repaired at a repair shop,
correct.
>while any standard manufacturer like GM or toyota will easily sell you parts first hand
Is disingenuous, they will sell you any part, but with 1000x markup to make it unpalatable to buy parts. They also sue the fuck out of third party parts manufacturers - the situation is better than with tesla though.

Tesla are way cheaper to drive, especially if you live in an area with cheap electricity or have your own PV panels, also if you drive a lot.

leddit hates musk

>regulation
all governments except maybe burgerland are actively pushing for electric car adoption by removing taxes and regulations. most are providing incentives. china even deleted its protectionist IP sharing domestic joint venture laws for electric cars

why has nobody created a car that has a solar panel on top. buy it and drive it around for free.

I'm gonna make one and be rich. donut steel my idea please

Attached: 1.png (257x196, 7K)

It's cheaper overall to lease a sports car valued under 30k than to lease a Tesla. Long term Tesla buyers might save money but only if electric charging remains as cheap as it is (free).
That's what I mean, once electric starts becoming the standard they will start imposing taxes and make that money back somehow.

>once electric starts becoming the standard
that's waaaaaay far away if you ask me. gas companies aren't just gonna bend over and take it up the ass. they are pumping loads of money into researching synthetic fuel research.

the biggest problem with electric is the lack of infrastructure everywhere not a major city. it's gonna be even harder to create that in developing countries

Because they offer an inimitable deal: biggest battery, longest range if you pick the top of the line, luxury comfort, good autopilot.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_electric_cars_currently_available#Highway-capable

>sue the fuck out of third party parts manufacturers
is that legal? surely they don't have patents for most of the parts they put in their cars

Fucked if you leave your car in your garage which most people who spend extra for the electric cars will do

The 1×1 m panel produces energy of one AA battery in general.

a slut

just park it outside bro

>the biggest problem with electric is the lack of infrastructure everywhere not a major city

so people outside of major cities in America don't have electricity? That's depressing.

Fisker tried that and it doesn't produce enough energy, you make way more from regenerative braking.

If only solar roadways wasn't snake oil. Hell why don't they make highways that use overhead cables like electric trains do? They could hook it up to a huge solar field array and charge every car on that highway for free.

why can't they just make public transport better for the public instead of being greedy jews and squeezing every dollar possible while providing the worst possible service

Capitalism.

Also the early battery packs had some issues with degradation and I recall something about early motors or gearboxes having issues before they replaced them.

These were early problems like 2012-2013

This made me wonder, should I go electric and give 5000 euros more (double the price of my current CRF) for an electric ZeroFX with similar capabilities?

youtube.com/watch?v=-U8JK7lUqA8

automated cars are for NPCs

>Spending more money than you need to
Stop trying to justify $1k for a PHONE.

Because burgerland is run by evil kikes.

>Tesla model 3 is fairly cheap , fast , comfy , cheap to maintain and have scored the best in crash testes too
>They are generally have high quality and good price per perfomance/quality values
Literally the same as any mainstream sedan but for $35k instead of $12-$20k for a new one.

Attached: 1396475315046.jpg (549x563, 46K)

this
Most Americans would rather step on others to get ahead.

Massive graphene supercapacitors when, Jow Forums?

They don't need ads, they have Elon

>they are pumping loads of money into researching synthetic fuel research.
Guess what you need to produce synthetic fuel - that's right, tons and tons of electricity, which will take you three or four times far if you put it directly into the battery of your electric car instead of using it to produce fuel which gets burned at 15-20% efficiency in an ICE car.

Any solar panel small enough to be put on a normal passenger car will not even produce the energy it requires to haul just its own additional weight around. And that's with the sun at midday.

Tesla battery pack have never had issues with degradation. I think you are confusing that with the Nissan LEAF packs (btw they STIL have those issues). There are Model S around with more than 300.000 miles on their pack which stil have way over 80% or over 200 miles range.

they are first to market despite iffy build quality and panel gaps.
other car companies has baggage for being too conservative.

>why has nobody created a car that has a solar panel on top.
They have. The problem is that solar is so little energy per square meter that you can't come close to running a regular passenger car on it. You get a few tens of watts when a regular car needs thousands.

Due to the area requirements for solar it's better to put solar panels out on barren land/rooftops to generate the electricity and use that to charge electric car batteries.

Attached: thumbnailimage.img.png (900x600, 1.02M)

three years from now, as has been the case for the last 30 or forty years. Does anyone still remember Eestore?

you're right, but the thing is: if synthetic fuel tech manages to scale it will make gas cost less than a tenth of what it does now, maybe even less. and everyone knows what that will lead to

B-but user he wants a fast web browser experiance

everyone keeps screeching about muh internal combustion efficiency but why do I never hear anyone talk about the average solar panel's efficiency of 15%. that's pathetic

That wont happen until we finally develop working nuclear fusion reactors, and even then it will be much more practical to feed the power into the grid and charge a battery than it is to truck fuel from the refinery/manufacturer to filling stations over hundreds of miles. Scaling effect has limits, just the transporting part is a major pain in the ass.

because you dont pay anything for the sunshine that doesnt get converted and is wasted, and that sunshine doesnt pollute the ennvironment eitther. Also modern panels like Teslas solar roof have around 20% efficciency.

they have a sub bot, its fucked man.

20% isn't that big of an improvement if solar wants to be mainstream and you never hear about the efficiency going up either

So are hydrogen fuel cell cars just a maymay pipedream?
I hear the japs are going all out r&d with that shit right now.

Attached: hyrdo.jpg (808x571, 99K)

news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/06/carbon-engineering-liquid-fuel-carbon-capture-neutral-science/

hydrogen sounds too good to be true, why did it never take off?

Dude you can’t pour hydrogen peroxide into your fucking gas tank and expect it to work. Fucking liberals

You can't store pure hydrogen efficiently. The atoms are small enough to permeate through metal at any temperature, especially at high pressures, weaken it and eventually cause a leak.

Maymay for most drivers - hydrogen fuel cells are leaky unless MASSIVE and HEAVY.
Vehicles don't do massive and heavy for a fuel container, so they'll be leaky (as opposed to stationary fuel cells, which can be built to not leak)

Hydrogen will be great for vehicles that refuel often (public services, taxis (for now), buses, trucks, etc) but not so good for the average driver. Consider that if you don't use a full tank in a week - Hydrogen will not be for you, since you'll go to drive and find your tank empty.

then why are toyota and honda investing in hydrogen r&d instead of working on batteries? are they desperate for the control of a new technology

Honda still clings to the idea they can actually try and sell these things in cars, but they also sell quite a lot of small industrial vehicles in Japan which would benefit even with leaky cells.
Toyota has many business interests outside of passenger vehicles.

You've also forgotten about the other two big players in the Hydrogen Fuel-Cell race - Scania and Volvo.

That article says it MIGHT one day be cost competitive compare to normal gasoline, not that the price may drop to 10% of today's prices. Electric cars will always be way more efficient. The US Navy has been looking at ways to make jet fuel from CO2 dissolved in seawater on their carriers because they have nuclear reactors on board that provide plenty of elecctricity,but those guys dont look at price alone.

Attached: elon musk names the jew.jpg (1904x1346, 289K)

H2 is a gigantic pain in the ass to produce, handle and store. It will leak through solid steel and float upward and gather underneath the concrete ceiling and spread through all the electrical cable tunnels in building to the light switches, where one tiny spark will suffice to turn all the accumulated hydrogen into a flaming inferno.

Becaue they dont want to admit that they, just like the germans, have missed the bus on the key technology - battery cell production. That is done in China nowadays, and Japan and China dont love each other. Elon did the right thing with the Gigafactory.

>better support
*disables your autopilot*
*your car is now not allowed to charge*

he's opening a gigafactory in china

Yeah like I wake up everyday with a full tank. Also feels great to never go to a gas station for 4 years now.
>t. Model S owner

EVs only make sense for people in suburbs and low density cities who never travel outside the sprawl by car.
>dense cities are stupid to own any kind of car in and lack garages for home charging
>rural areas don't have charging infrastructure other than home so you're always at a disadvantage relative to ICEs that can gas up anywhere

Quite.

jap government doesn't care, they are gonna build 300 hydrogen stations by 2020

well why dont you find out whats holding it back and make a better one

Toyota's hydrogen trucks and forklifts are already being used in Nipland and goverment is encouraging its use in cars

tesla wont sell you or anyone certain spare parts.
once your warranty runs out your car wont be fixed.
but thats the way everything is going, yay trillion dollar companies

just buy a new one goy-, I mean, commie

Japan has a strategic imperative for that. With nuclear reactors and seawater they can crack all the hydrogen they'd ever need domestically. Oil must be imported. Oil scarcity for the Home Islands is a large part of what drove their expansion in the 1930s and thus a partial cause of WWII.

100% marketing (other people have electric cars)
engishits and other assorted STEMtards could never understand where real value is created

well maybe you could: its in the minds of customers. This is actually the only place where value is located, it is found nowhere else

Who cares? There are third party manufacturers nowadays that are still making spare parts for cars that have been discontinued for decades. There are companies that specialize in rewinding industrial sized motors. The mechanics behind Teslas aren't that different or that much more complex from those behind regular cars.
Once your warranty runs out who gives a fuck, a market will emerge.

tesla's electric cars are superior in every objective metric

>With nuclear reactors and seawater they can crack all the hydrogen they'd ever need domestically.
Why not just get rid middle man that is hydrogen and its entire fucked up logistics and have your reactors charging electric vehicles directly? No need for lots of new infrastructure, the power lines are there already.

that would make their entire road system into a clusterfucked railroad of sorts

I prefer the 40km/L aerocivic.

Attached: profile-z.jpg (735x395, 74K)

what do railroads have to do with this?

Batteries require a shitload of imported metals. Same problem as oil.

reminder that tesla is garbage unless you like having your accelerator pedal break off

Attached: 267976.jpg (640x480, 40K)

I had no idea hydrogen posed this much of a problem to store.
Is there no substance that can store it with some semblance of impermeability AND is also not, I dunno, a 1" lead container?
Is it a cost thing? Or does no such substance or container yet exist?

Is it finally time for my day in the sun and for my magnum opus to shine, Jow Forums?
Is it time for the C5?
pleas

Attached: SinclairC5.jpg (532x842, 88K)

Making welds that are 100% perfectly sealed is a pain in the ass. You can store a bunch of liquids and gasses and other bigger molecules in "okay" containers
but if there's a 1 atom wide hole, hydrogen is small enough to come out. It's not a materials problem, it's just a bitch to manufacture perfect seals, and that's just tanks. Add fittings, hoses, conduits, etc.

> sunshine doesnt pollute the ennvironment eitther
What about panels themselves and their production? You know, they don't grow on trees and they don't last forever.

They're made out of silicon, copper, and aluminium, you could get rid of the copper if you really wanted too, leaving you with aluminium and silicon, some of the more abundant elements in Earth crust. Their only problem is that they require a ton of electric power to process. They're also 90% recyclable. Make it so manufacturers are encouraged by law to take your old cell as partial payment and you now have way less cells on landfills and mineral extraction.