/hpg/ - Headphone General: Super Best Audio Collusion edition

/hpg/ - Headphone General: Super Best Audio Collusion edition

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 8D1CCFCB-71E6-4385-84DD-32C36F73A46B.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ammoon-Professional-Headphone-Monitoring-Appreciation/dp/B0785T1KTR/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1540903325&sr=8-2&keywords=takstar pro 82&dpID=41wuAHbgPLL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remember: BossHiFi B8 > Takstar Pro 82

Isn’t it interesting how both Jude and Marv hate each other, but both of them still shill Schiit?

>isn't it interesting
no. both head-fi and sbaf are paid by schiit. it's not very interesting because everyone knows this.

Any flipfags here that know a good place to test out headphones?

Attached: 1518369602932.png (977x400, 304K)

Micro and macro dynamics are absolutely exceptional. Switching from anything else to Verite is like switching to 4K HDR - there is just sharper color and depth to every note. This is because the texture of continuously changing volumes is reproduced so incredibly accurately and clearly. Super tangible and ultra realistic texture. I can see why the name "Verite" was chosen.

One of there really defining elements to the sound for me is the attack. Verite reproduces everything with a very tight, clear edge to it. Transients are A++++. I mean, when you talk about transient snap, this is about as good as it gets - has that electrostatic-like immediacy to it. Every sound that comes out of it, you're like, "I know exactly what the #$%& that sound is and where the $&?# it's coming from." It's just super assertive in it's sound. Love this!

Bass on Verite is beyond first class. Impact is super stiff. Great sense of suddenness to it. Even more power than the blackwood Auteur, which is exceptional in the bass dept. Bass clarity is planar-like - you just get that extra level of detail down low that you usually can't get with dynamics - super clear and detailed. Never congested. Really great differentiation between different notes/sounds/instruments down there.

Attached: _DSC1094.jpg (1500x1020, 187K)

Go to LA and enter Schiitr

Attached: 5F72E409-5FFC-4B8B-98A9-EDDC79D0F607.jpg (500x750, 80K)

Its truly the redefinition of audio as we know it user. Other companies are in damage control.

Attached: npc.png (416x435, 114K)

Moffat and his Cambodian slave boy

i will purchase the Sonorous III in exactly 4 hours. Put some sense into me!

Attached: Sonorous+Headphones.png (1000x645, 758K)

why?

Attached: hd600.jpg (2048x1228, 252K)

Brainwavz HM5 are cute! CUTE!

Attached: brainwavz-hm5-image-759.jpg (759x422, 18K)

Nice advertisement.

That adjustment mechanism looks moronic, like its going to poke you in the shoulders or something.

Find me a good place to buy them then Ill believe you

How short a neck do you have, and/or how much of a midget are you?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 107K)

YOU JUST ACTI.... you know the drill. Basically my logic is:

- I only buy audio equipment by Japanese companies. It sounds stupid maybe, but you know how people prefer Mustard to Ketchup or Salty over Spicy or Consoles over PC? Thats my thing, i only buy audio from Japanese companies (even if the product is manufactured elsewhere).

- Already have Fostex TH900 at home

- Already have Audio-Technica MSR7 on the go

- Need comfy headphones for Office usage.

- They look very comfy, good reviews about sound quality everywhere, they are in my price range and made in japan.

- Seems to be a balanced sound sig, with decent bass, so probably will compliment nicely the others.

- Its 2018, i wont buy ANYTHING, doesn't matter the price range, that doesn't have removable pads and removable cable. There is no excuse for anything above 100$ to not have those features.

- Already have a TEAC HA-P50 ready to drive it.

Attached: TrapHole-YS15-EU-C-1E.png (679x1000, 1.46M)

>Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X
What is this and should I care?

love final audios. my hd 6xxs are a big big meme going to sell it asap and buy this

>there is just sharper color and depth to every note. This is because the texture of continuously changing volumes is reproduced so incredibly accurately and clearly. Super tangible and ultra realistic texture.

guys recommend me a good headphone with a blue persian bass with some oak mids
it needs to measure highly on the krill scale
budget unlimited

fuck you guys I'm not even going to try to get earphone recommendations this thread

how do I eq my hd569 to sound like mud cannons?

When I first got my Yggy, I already knew it would take a couple weeks AT LEAST for it to sound closer to expected norms. When I first turned it on, I listened to music on it for a half hour and just wasn't all that impressed. "Wait," I told myself. "Don't freak out."
A week later - after playing music on random the whole time - it started to get less tinny and anemic. There was a little more vitality, and it was beginning to "have potential" to be something great.
After two full weeks of playing music on random, I tried it again. I immediately went "Woah!" and noticed that it really DID sound better than before.
When I had it turned on for a couple months, it had transformed into what may now be my favorite piece of audio gear. That's too tough to say definitively, but it is high on my list of favorites.

Everybody knows Yggy needs at least 250 hours of burn-in to establish the plankton flow into your headphones
even longer if you have a longer or a coiled cable

YGGY! It'll sound even better if you leave it on for a few years!

redpill me on crossfeed
it sound better? I think it does.

Don't forget the need of keeping it plugged in and turned on all the time. Takes at least a month for all the components to stabilize and reach optimum thermal harmony with each other. Only then can you even consider expecting the plankton to start stirring.

>Budget
150€, maybe more idk
>Location
Eastern europe
>Source
Phone
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
I intend on using them a lot, so at least decent
>Sound signature
BASS
>Past headphones
Shitty cheap stufff

mimicking speaker listenin on headphones, i guess it's ok

amazon nigger.

sennheiser hd25

>decent comfort
>hd25

hell no. i have them and i love them but use for long time and as the only set of cans you own, no. on ear, stock pads sucks and clamp is killer

dt770 maybe?

>Not sold by the company that made it
>Be the first to review this item
>only 1 in stock
Id rather not

Attached: c40e2ad2ab4e5e326aba46007f788e31.png (1446x688, 542K)

smart move
I mean, the headphones are literally called Bait

>not taking the bait over the tacky star
yikes desu

you gonna get chinked with a knock off!

50hz +20db

beats you nigger

>Takstar Pro 82 has the same problem
fug
amazon.com/ammoon-Professional-Headphone-Monitoring-Appreciation/dp/B0785T1KTR/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1540903325&sr=8-2&keywords=takstar pro 82&dpID=41wuAHbgPLL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

but user, that's a niggerbase.

$599

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-30 Massdrop x HIFIMAN Edition XX Headphones Price Reviews Massdrop.png (1159x770, 508K)

see? why not just take the b8, user? have you SEEN takstar army user's posts? can't trust that guy, i'm telling you. Who even LIKES the movie food fight? that's right. no one

Attached: Beats Solo.gif (260x146, 847K)

>EQ the sub to be 4 times louder
That will sound awful. And I love sub

Shit, didn’t even realize that earlier. What a devilish ploy.

It’s a matter of personal taste, no objective right or wrong. For me it’s a real close call for most modern music, but if I’m listening to older music where instruments and vocals are often more separated to the left/right extremes (eg. Rolling Stones - She’s Like a Rainbow) then crossfeed is an absolute must with headphones. It’s just somehow really fatiguing to listen to music like that if you don’t have crossfeed smoothing the artificial-sounding channel separation a bit.

search for kinden B8. Its the name its usually sold under. Comes with a neat case.

Can I break my amp if I turn the dial too hard?

Got to try stax today. Sadly I didn't like how they "felt"

I don't think that headband has enough padding for those earcups
In the original the paint chipped badly
I going to wait for reviews on this one, besides, considering all the recent high end collaborations with massdrop i would expect Sennheiser to be next with either the he60 revival or something like a hd800x or something like that

>Its the name its usually sold under.
why? Whats wrong with "bosshifi"?

What are the best solid state headphone amps between 1000-2000$?

Attached: 40.png (540x603, 544K)

They all sound the same, how much power do you need?

>buying a Snappheiser

Budget
Around £200

Source
FIIO X5ii

Open or Closed?
Closed

Comfort level
Willing to pay more for comparable sound quality if it means more comfort

Sound signature
Warm

Past headphones
My MSR7's are getting a lot of wear and tear. There was very little I disliked about them, apart from being a little uncomfortable after a long period of wearing them.

Been using my new AD1000X for hours now, they arrived in the morning. Played about 10 CSGO faceit matches (competitive) and god damn, they are fucking good.

Thought i still want to buy a pair of HD660'S. Will i ever be happy with a pair of cans? got my AD1000X literally Today and i am about to purchase the HD660 for $580.

I just want to feel satisfied.

Attached: 72ab6dfe379df67573ca8dacd958ebdf.jpg (500x438, 22K)

$580? That's far too much for those.

if you want just an amp buy the massdrop thx thing and call it a day, relatively cheap, plenty of power in both balanced and SE, balanced imput too if you have that inclination and seems to measure very well.

I don't live in the US.

buy stax and be happy forever

Headamp gs-x

That you want another pair shows that they aren't that good. Get Stax and you'll understand.

fuck off with those overpriced questyle ripoffs

if i win the lottery i PROMISE you. all of you. that I will buy STAX

Attached: 1602093_1_600x.jpg (600x600, 16K)

If you only need an amp, SPL Phonitor series is excellent, although I’d probably just get that Massdrop THX amp that costs only a fraction of it and probably sounds 95% as good. If you want an all-in-one unit, even easier: ADI-2 DAC.

It does everything i want, perfectly. But i want something to replace my HD650s.

If I win the lottery, I PROMISE you all that I will buy Yggy. For William!

Attached: AA4ADB41-848A-4EE9-916D-98D451C6E37D.jpg (960x641, 58K)

user!
i like the way you think

Attached: 1498821521782.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1520903629834.png (1080x1920, 2.46M)

Remember to let it run for a few months before listening.

Stop samefagging or I'll kill you

Is regret a setup?

Are the koss portapros as good as people say or is it a meme?

Id like to see you try, busta LMAOOOO
*dabs*

I'm sad to hear that, user.
But tell us more, so that we can avoid these mistakes.

For those of you that have multiple headphones, how often do you switch them around and wear the others you have?

They look ugly

Probably averages out to every few days. Whenever I feel like hearing a different sound.

they sure do

why /hpg/ dont use ifi idsd micro? drive anything ftom iem to hard to drive full size, support all the meme audio format, work on usb coax and optical , has a nice bass boost and 3d crossfeed switches and you can run it on battery portable or use as a desktop unit powering active speakers too. isnt it the ultimate audio thing?

Nostalgia w/HD598 twice per year or so. But not anymore, as I gave the HD598 to family.
HD600 are so much better that HD598 "nostalgia" sessions did mostly only make me depressed.

Unless i need reference sound i change on a weekly basis, it keeps things fresh

>shure srh440's

Does anyone here know of these?
Are they any good?

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus.

Hey Idoltrash, are those MDR-1A's?

do you like those 380?

Comfy dark and rainy weather with some whisky and John Coltrane

Attached: IMG_2402.jpg (1200x900, 336K)

what whisky, user?

They're comfortable AF and very highly isolating. Presentation is somewhat odd, but enjoyable once you get used to it. These days I use the MSR7. Likely the HD569 are a better pick for a closed sennheiser nowadays.

Hazelburn 10yo

>buypig

Attached: 1474928317086.png (541x551, 123K)

yes i had them for 10 years and once the clamp is gone they are really comfy and isolate a lot. it was my first pair of headphones and i always liked them but i've see so many people say they sound weird and when i got other headphones (hd650 , 600, he400i ecc) i see they sound a bit strange but i still like the vocals on them a lot

It changes daily. For some reason, I feel like my treble sensivity changes from day to day, and sometimes even the slightest treble edge feels irritating, but on some other days Grado sound feels just fine.

No

yes

They are alright for the price, slight v-shape very close to flat, but the leatherette pads and headband will get worn after some time. You can get Brainwavz pads for them in the future, not sure about the headband though.

What is a healthy low? I don’t listen to high volume so this may be possible. Basically never exceed 25%-50% on normal unless the volume is super gimped. Usually hover around 10%.

I suspect you might be alright.
Healthy low is "as low as possible". You can get used to a really low volume, and you won't feel you're missing anything vs higher volume.
You'd probably be alright.

Take a pair of closed backs, lay them on the table and play with the volume. It's about that much leakage.