ITT:

ITT:
what age did you grow out of video games?
what distro do you use now that you're an adult?

Attached: windows user.jpg (350x234, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/SFTtech/openage
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why don't you grow out of Jow Forums before shitting on video games?
grow up

Arch

24..28 now
linux mint

>what distro do you use now that you're an adult?
I don't use operating systems incapable of watching videos in a browser without hardware acceleration.

surprisingly enough you're both pretty based
i grew out of Jow Forums in2008, idk why i returned
i grew out of videogames in 2003, idk why i returned

Nice blog retard

I blasted rope to ILLUSION games until 5AM last night. Must've done it 7 times. I slept like shit.
Anyway I use Windows 7

Ya I'm sober
>Proceeds to sip on his beer

>what age did you grow out of video games?
Late 20s
Debian GNU+Linux
I've used Gentoo for a few years to learn the ropes before.

Why do people always say adults can't play video games? Any other medium whether it be books, movies, or music nobody will call on an old person enjoying those things, what's the difference with video games which are much more immersive and compelling to play and continue to improve graphically with time. 20 years from now people will continue to play video games regardless of age.

>Grow out of video games
Hate to break it to you but the average gamer age is now in their 30s, gaming aint going anywhere buddy. The kids are watching the adults play the games on twitch.

Most books, movies and music are question too past a certain age.

Attached: target audience.jpg (612x612, 48K)

And people are becoming more and more immature with no attention span.
Just because everyone is doing it doesn't make that behavior good.

dota and wow player all my life
ubuntu and mint

Just playing a video game doesn't make you immature. And who set the current standard to what "maturity" means? The fucking baby boomers. It's out turn to decide what being an adult can mean.

You're not that important, no one cares, you sound like someone who gets trolled into oblivion easily, no wonder you left.

I play factorio religiously for half a year now
arch leenucks

what do you boomers do for fun? golf? mowing the lawn?

this reply was sponsored by boomer juice
((you))

Attached: 1531804013300.jpg (1029x1000, 275K)

haha epic

I'm actually a game dev right now...
I use Arch btw :^)

>distro
>adult

22-24
Debian

>shitpost
>compile kernels

>not being a manchild

lmao on u

Attached: 2018-10-30-172702_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 1.27M)

based

Around 13
Arch

You dont see normal adults play withh action figures

Every adult I know is into capeshit and goes crazy for it.

please help developing OpenAge, an open source Age of Empires 2 clone

github.com/SFTtech/openage

Mx linux 17.1

Best distro I've ever used.

Theyre rightfully called numales and manchildren. Also, just becuase one gets excited over video games and anime does not exempt them from 8U status.

Mexifag spotted.

i game on debian

no speako taco; im from Latvia. randomly connected to half-empty le 56% server

12, Void Linux and macOS

>mowing the lawn
Hey to be fair if you got a riding mower it kind of can be fun. Push mowers? Yeah fuck that shit.

>25
>Gentoo

bet you didn't use this one if you consider pushing bad

Attached: trimmer.jpg (1000x1000, 28K)

apple mac os x 10.14 mojave

Currently 34. Openbsd, Arch, AmigaOS.
Never grew out of videogames.

not yet, but I think I'm starting to. Almost 27 yrs old
I use Windows 7 at home and Lubuntu at work

I think I quit cold turkey at 23 (kek I know)
For me it's fedora gnu/linux

how much money have u spent on steam paying to waste your life away on meaningless achievement in a sedentary activity?

Very little, I always get the games I want when they are on sale

It's not meaningless if you enjoy doing it, mah dude

you can sit in bed all day eating sweats and watching movies, that's really, really enjoyable.

doesn't mean it's good.

Arch Linux

>doesn't mean it's good.
why not

Arch

Attached: 1539862137071.png (328x408, 83K)

Arch

epic argument /v/ro

never
FreeBSD
I play on emulators and a few FOSS games

22 is when they stopped being fun.
25 is when I finally admitted it to myself.

>not liking anime
get the fuck out normie npc

>play video games occasionally as an interactive aesthetic experience in mid 20s
>most video games aren't conducive to this purpose in the first place

anyways I'm still distrohopping at the moment. one day I'll either build my own Linux distro (a la Gentoo et al or LFS) or outright go to a *BSD

Read books, play guitar and listen to records.. (those 12" black things). I know you're insecure and feel inadequate when you see something 12" and black, but hey, you may grow out of it. I doubt it though.

Attached: cupfart.jpg (458x458, 15K)

>not liking vidya
>on Jow Forums
why dont you go back?

I stopped playing vidya when I was between 17-18yo
I use Xubuntu 18.04

Why don't you go back to /v/ faggot retard.
Even "anime site" posters are better, at least they have some arguments for it.

keep seething normalfag

it's not possible to grow out of video games, only to grow out of genres. I used to like online multiplayer shit like counter strike and WoW when I was a teen, now that I'm in my late 20s I mostly only play singleplayer strategy games and emulated 20+ year old games that are actually challenging and fun. modern games aren't fun anymore.

I use Windows 10 Enterprise because I like my operating system to actually work without spending hours manually configuring every little thing just to try and get it to work almost as well as Windows.

>Even "anime site" posters are better
because they're right,/v/faggots shitposters can go fuck themselves though

I like how gamers always out themselves as windows users and vice versa.
>my feeble dopamine addicted brain legitimately thinks linux takes effort to configure that I'd rather spend on my manchild virtual achievement simulators ding ding yahoo

Grew out of video games at 16, then grew back into them at 28.

Been using Fedora XFCE spin since 2013

yeah,fuck linux and fuck linux users,im based and redpilled windows user

Attached: literally me.png (1200x800, 523K)

Teach me how to grow out of vidya.

>Implying

Debian

I'm glad Linux just works for you, but it's not compatible with nearly as much hardware as Windows is, especially nvidia cards. I know this is more nvidia's fault for not releasing open source drivers but that doesn't change the fact that Linux doesn't just work with all hardware configurations.

I've used those but you don't literally walk the entire yard with it just edges of stuff. I'm in the south we don't have small yards, not to mention the hills oh god the hills.

only play games released in the current year, refuse to ever play anything older than 5 years. you will get sick of vidya really fast this way.

>xbox controller
>bing bing wahoo
meme continuity destroyed
fucking dropped

These threads are all around cancer.

But I sort like the collective butt mad.

Windows doesn't 'just work' with all hardware configurations either though. It's only babies that never install their own OS that don't realise this.

I don't let frivolous statistics such as how long I have existed on this plane of reality dictate how I live my life. The video games I enjoy have changed but they are still a wholesome and fulfilling part of my life.

also I use arch when I want to fuck around and mint when I need to get shit done. Sometimes I use Windows because I'm not a child and can put up with it without getting upset.

is the switch pro controller

Windows 7

I still play videogames
Debian, 19, 5 in, she/her.

>this projection
amazing

21 now
xubuntu

>I know you're insecure and feel inadequate when you see something 12" and black
You sound highly experienced on this matter.

1. At about 15 I guess
2. Windows 10

Linux is a kernel.

~18 when my friends moved on.
Windows

You're too stupid to be allowed near power tools.

Attached: 1539983120055.jpg (850x400, 85K)

>"""growing out""" of vidya
what a fucking meme. I mean, what else am I supposed to do when my gf is out with Jamal for movie night if I don't have steam?

and the kernel is not fully compatible with my hardware. I've tried Debian, Ubuntu, Arch, Manjaro, OpenSUSE, and Fedora. Linux is just shit compared to Windows.

what's important is that it works with my hardware.

Why are /v/ and Jow Forums so closely intertwined? Youre always shitting on each other.

Why would anyone care what CS Lewis has to say? He was just trying to justify his own manchild behaviour and his shitty teen literature.

t. Salty toddler

stopped playing games when i was 20, im 32 now
i use xubuntu

99.9% of the Linux users on Jow Forums run Windows to play games and only boot into Linux to rice some shitty tiling window manager. There's a lot of self loathing going on.

based

I got a PS2 for Christmas when I was 9. I played it for like a month and got bored of it. A couple years ago I booted Linux on it just to see how useless a 300MHz MIPS processor and 32MB of RAM really is.
I use several. Depends on the use case. I've found that systemd is a piece of shit that eats memory like crazy if left running for several weaks at a time, so I use Devuan on my home servers. For desktop use my go to distro is Q4OS. It's just Debian with TDE (KDE 3 fork) preinstalled. It looks and feels like Windows XP and it's extremely stable. Q4OS is also the most boring system I've ever used, which is good. I don't spend time playing with the OS when I'm trying to get shit done.

Pic related is TDE on Q4OS. The only setup I do is make the task bar smaller, change the tray clock to digital, and then modify the power management profiles to my liking and install applications I need like Chrome and Libre Office. Everything else just works exactly how I'd want it to.

Attached: q4os.png (1280x1024, 138K)

Remember, we're here forever.

20, Debian.

Quit playing games at 24. They make me depressed, even when I do well.

Returned to NES at 28. My childhood home.

>t. literal autist

Retro is much better desu. I grew up playing retro consoles because they were affordable to me and only played new stuff at my friend's house. Now I see gaming today and it looks too complicated to have fun.

debian

Probably this year, at 28. When I went to ELEAGUE Major Finals and EVO and was surrounded by 14-19 year old zoomers for 10+ hours a day it made me really evaluate why I cared so much about competitive gaming.