RYZEN LOVE THREAD - NO SHILLS ALLOWED

Post about your experience with the rebirth of AMD to the CPU market. Show us your builds, benchmarks, parts lists, plans, and most of all, your experience with Ryzen aka the return of competition in the processor market.

Don't listen to Intel shills who want to hurt humanity with a monopoly.

Attached: ryzenlogo-100698897-large.jpg (700x460, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-2600K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600/621vs3955
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ever since I've upgraded from an i7-2600k to a ryzen 2600 I've had noticeably better performance in games, even with the same GPU (rx470) I had in my old build. I can tell that the framerate is dipping in games like witcher 3 but it never stutters, not even once. I had kind of just accepted all these years that stuttering was an issue with my graphics card, but apparently not.

Attached: 1540654248708.jpg (571x852, 219K)

Nice

Congrats on the downgrade.

It was clearly an upgrade you shill

>downgrade
top kek pajeet. My i7 was oc'd to 4.6Ghz, cooked my room, and was a mess of constant stutters and bsod's. I couldn't upgrade my motherboard because (((they))) changed chipsets a dozen times since sandy bridge, so I had no options to modernize. My new processor runs smoother and faster than my old one at stock, and costs half of what I paid for the 2600k. Rest in piss, intlel

Intel is better than amd.

Boomers from Israel, everyone

At what, space heating? Generating profits for shareholders? Funneling information to our greatest ally?

Attached: 1540882460549.png (500x566, 141K)

>ryzen thread
Don't you have enough threads already??

Attached: 1508197797499.png (671x774, 49K)

I got it.

My ryzen 1600 overclocked to 4Ghz at 1.3V, and I am really happy.

I like my i3 8350k.

2700x upgraded from 2600k at 4.6. the 2600k had a d14 on it, no overheating or stutters at all. intel is shit now but don't shit on sandy, literally the last good cpu they did.

I agree, my problems stemmed more from the shitty budget motherboard than the cpu itself, which is where I shit on intel for changing sockets every damn generation. AMD doesn't do that, so it's clearly unnecessary, and just another way to jew more money from the consumer.

built a cheap desktop for my normie brother with a 2200G
saved me from being extorted by graphics card prices, and he can still play his vidya

going to drop a 3700x into this x470 board. very nice.

i've been using a 1600 for over a year now and have no regrets. haven't had a game (unless it was because of a bug) nor premiere crash. i just wish i went 3000mhz instead of 2400, my lgs was only selling pairs and it was too expensive.

just bought an r9 270 for first pc build, im planning on a cheap cpu is the 2200g still worth it even though i will not use the intergrated gpu or should i get the 1600x for a bit more,

i might try streaming and editing vidya content

keep in mind once i get this built next year im replacing my gpu and cpu for the next gen of hardware

also poorfag

>Don't listen to Intel shills who want to hurt humanity with a monopoly.
What's the matter goy, why do you dislike deceiving satanic reptilian baby-eating kikes?

Countdown to *crashes adobe premiere* post.

Yeah coming from 3770k where heat started becoming a real issue on Intel.
I'm amazed how it's basically become mainstream to watercool them.
There's never a review without watercooling, and even then, temps are terrible.
Meanwhile, my 2700X does 65°C on NH-D15.

>Ever since I've upgraded from an i7-2600k to a ryzen 2600 I've had noticeably better performance in games, even with the same GPU (rx470) I had in my old build. I can tell that the framerate is dipping in games like witcher 3 but it never stutters, not even once.
Just the opposite in my experience.

Attached: siege on minimum settings b-buttery smooth right guys.jpg (2688x1764, 634K)

Who knew, it's game dependent.
And going from 2600k to r7 2600 is a fucking downgrade unless you oc.

>2600
Buy the fucking X parts. They're worth the extra money.

i'm waiting for zen2 to see what the fuss is all about
for now i'm just damn glad there's competition back on this shit because i'm still rocking my now toaster-class i5 2500k

Except it's literally not, no matter how good sandy bridge was.

Sorry but it is, as far as gayming is concerned.
3.2 Ghz turbo in is fucking pathetic for that exercise.

Ok 3.4. But it's still lame.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-2600K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600/621vs3955
And this isnt accounting for the 6 years of hard use my old sandy bridge has seen

2700x from a 1600x here the gtx 1080 I'm running wasn't bottlenecked but I noticed the avg and high fps is better minimum was much the same

Well there's something wrong with your fortress game.
Maybe it uses Unity.

what motherboard, if I may ask?

The only game I've compared so far is witcher 3

OK, I though you wereIn my experience, most Unity games are single threaded and scale poorly on Ryzen, especially non-X chips.

Went from a 4C/8T Xeon to a 1700x @3.8ghz, sure I got an extra 4 cores 4 threads but mine only hit 3.8ghz, and is a little bit slower in games than my Xeon was.
In retrospect, I either should have waited for the 2700x or went TR4. Or heck put together a E5 2680 V2/E5 2695 V2, 64GB 1866 ECC DDR3 with a brand new x79 motherboard for $600/650 USD.

I paid $435 USD for the 1700x alone due to early adoption, import taxes and AMD money grubbing in the Asia market to slash prices in the US. 16GB*4 2666 DDR4 is $600 USD. I could have bought Dual E5 2680 V2 + new dual socket motherboard and 64GB 1866 ECC DDR3 for $900

If I wasn't hitting 100% on the Xeon all the time I probably would have stayed with it.

Hopefully AMD will release a 10~12core AM4 chip or the AM4 socket is dead to me as far as upgrades go.
DDR5 and PCIE4.0 will most definitely result in a socket change a 8C/16T Ryzen 3000 won't be worth upgrading to and Ryzen 4000 is probably DDR5/PCIE4.

My Asus board finally got the Spectre patches 2 bios earlier and I've finally stopped having the black screen of death.

>but don't shit on sandy, literally the last good cpu they did.
Imagine being this delusional

Sandy Bridge was already trash and obsolete when Haswell arrived, its not even close to Devil's Canyon, Skylake and Coffee Lake