Crashes Premiere

>crashes Premiere
>can't produce music with it because shitty latency
into the trash..

Attached: 11157-ryzen-7-pib-left-facing-1260x709.png (1260x709, 393K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techreport.com/review/33531/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-and-ryzen-5-2600x-cpus-reviewed/7
techreport.com/review/33531/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-and-ryzen-5-2600x-cpus-reviewed/3
youtube.com/watch?v=IQp66GmwBRI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nobody fucking cares

Attached: 4ecef4cd2f1eaa306b6ae7500fda55474ad14589bf3b37b1f02401ef7e7075bd.jpg (533x700, 84K)

hey user I just wanted to say I appreciate you and your posts
keep posting it every day until they like it

well there's AMD community manager in this board if you dont know

What is premiere?

>why they don't buy my overpriced 9800K(elvins) processor just so they can have 5 % more in gayming and adobe reeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fuck off I edit with Blender.

adobe? You can't even produce music on AMD CPUs because of their shitty latency. As soon as you try to set the buffersize can't game
>can't produce videos because Premiere crashes
>can't produce music because shitty latency
enjoy your nice-on-paper-CPU

>blaming your utter lack of talent on a cpu

>lack of talent
What? Sound synthesis has evolved and requires more CPU power nowadays. AMD simply can't keep up with its shit latency. Trash CPU

yes sholomo i am sure that when you nitpick some more you will find even more negligible issues
now excuse me i must now go buy some more dry ice so i can cool down my intel cpoou

>latency matters
talent matters
i understand the epicness of trolling "intards", but at least be better at it and don't make is SO obvious

I don't think you understand how music production works. There is absolutely no connection between your ability/talent to make music and latency.

nigger I was doing beats and shit with just cool edit 96, gtfo here with your latency excuse

you're excrement

thats the point you daft fuck

>9800K(elvins)
lol

>I don't think you understand how music production works.
you take random retard give him/her/it a strange haircut and release it on stage
oh you also hire anyone who have any idea on how to create music and then use cheap assets and online lyrycs creator to produce "music"

and morons who listen it don't give a shit they wouldn't recognize drums from a fucking radiator

>cool edit 96
lol
>beats
lmfao

Have fun using modern synths. Have fun using linear phase EQs and compressors.

>thats the point you daft fuck
That's not the point. If you're producing music on your machine you rely on virtual synthesizers and effects or else you'll have to use analog gear which is expensive as fuck. The closer effects and synthesizers are to analog gear the better.. but it costs CPU power. Even if you're not a music producer, someone has to mix and master your track and then you will need audio processing which has nothing to do with creativity. Typical AMD fags who have no clue how things are done in the real world. All you faggots do is posting screenfetch threads and compile gay AUR packages. Base-dwelling weebfagging neckbeards lmfao.

>can't game
I used an i5 8400, sold it and bought a 2600. It increased the general performances.

>but it costs CPU power
i thought we were talking about latency?
which allegedly a few ms of latency will make or break your career as a producer/artist
talent and hard work has nothing to do with it amiright

adobe premiere is a video editor

>again talks about music production even though he has no clue about it

Alright, I'll take the time and explain it to a weebfagging neckbeard. The more CPU power an instrument or an effect requires, the less time your CPU has to process synthesis. AMDs high latency is basically a bottleneck for audio processing which means you'll have to set your latency higher which is a PAIN IN THE ASS even if you're not actively playing on your MIDI controller. Let's say you're absolutely no musician but just a mixing or mastering engineer, it's still painful having to deal with high latency. And its getting worse if you're actually playing on your controller. Everything above 5ms is absolute cancer and the more talented and skilled you are as a piano player the more annoying it actually is.

also
>excuses, excuses, excuses

>better technology exists
>tells you to use worse technology because of "talent"
why not combine talent with best technology? talent alone means nothing

show me statistics that show that an AMD chip has more latency then an Intel chip
their IPC is on par, using the "less time to process synthesis" argument is retarded
I use Intel btw, I think AMD is childish as a company, I just cant see how "latency" would be an issue with a modern processor

google DPC latency, retard

is this rhetoric true or is it based on the experience of just one person who may've had faulty ram, a dying harddrive, or a multitude of other things?

I ask because I am genuinely curious about the subject of Ryzen cpu's exclusively being buggy with certain software.

Are these actual problems or is this just some intel shill?

I'm considering buying a 2700x for editing with Premiere/After Effects and gaming.

Would like a non biased response as well.

How many times are you going to post this? Here's a (You) for effort.

Not sure about video editing but for gaming intel is objectively better.

Attached: 1540310872583.png (500x1450, 95K)

techreport.com/review/33531/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-and-ryzen-5-2600x-cpus-reviewed/7

last two ones are important because music is almost always procuced @48KHz. Pic related is an extremely important benchmark because it basically represents how your CPU handles polyphony on synthesizers..

Attached: firefox_2018-10-30_17-57-24.png (633x428, 24K)

looks like a windows problem to me
you really showed me huh

This guy posts this thread every single day. Take a guess as to how reliable his info is.

Everything I see about DPC latency talks about how crappy Windows is. Nothing about how different chips handle it.

it's not a software problem it's an architecture thing.

>architecture thing
you really sound like you know what you're talking about

>Are these actual problems or is this just some intel shill?
It's your typical drama-queen Intel shilling.

>blames Windows
>someone Intel has no problem with low latency
it's always excuses

AMDs floating point pipelines are only 128 bits wide opposed to Intels 256 bit fp pipelines m8..

I have no problems using cubase or protools which I use daily on my 1800x. Also no problem with any latency to my midi keyboard, no idea what the fuck you are talking about

Absolute retard. DPC is a windows issue. It's when a driver interrupts the CPU. I have an Intel cpu, and I used to have insanely high dpc which would cause cracking in my speakers. The culprit was my network card causing dpc spikes. I swapped it out for a different card and voila problem solved. You are just too stupid to understand technology. Go back to /mu/

This isn't reddit

I'm not denying that the 9900K is the best consumer CPU for gaming, but this graph is 100% useless.

Not more useless than ashes of the singularity cherrypick bench the AMDrones love to post.

MODS

Attached: rentfree.jpg (785x1199, 133K)

None of the problems are real, intel chips are double the price of equivalent amd CPUs and at the high end you'll get 10% more performance. You decide if it's worth it.

|>

The 8400 is cheaper than the 2700x and beats it in gamingEvery Kaby Lake and up beats Ryzen 2xxx in gaming so stop using the 9900k as a strawman.

>muh 5fps difference

>if Intel has a 5fps advantage its not worth mentioning
>if AMD has a 5fps advantage -> BASED AMD THANK YOU
Aymd fags have no dignity

>pays more for less fps cuz muh underdog

WHY THE FUCK THE MODS ARENT DOING THEIR DAMN JOB AND DELETE ON SIGHT HIS IDIOTIC THREADS EVERY GOD DAMN DAY

because they are no AMD communists

Feeling agitated, Ming?

Attached: amd.png (783x704, 62K)

Give me one good reason to buy the 9900k over the 2700x. I am not an audiofag but use mysql, android studio and gaym.

a shitty video editor that has been surpassed in relevance

I don't do music, so I am curious if this is actually an issue, can you post some links demonstrating this issue on AMD chips?

It is, but without voting

Ok it looks like it's not as good as the 8700k but is better than the 7700k by a lot more than it's behind the 8700k. So it's not the best, but it's far from unusable. Any info on the ram frequency and timings on that bench?

techreport.com/review/33531/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-and-ryzen-5-2600x-cpus-reviewed/3

In what world is at least 220 simultaneous notes not more than enough?

>>can't produce music with it because shitty latency

I was making music in FL in windblows and in Bitwig in Linux with ryzen 5 with 0 issues. Why are you lying, anonfag?

>what is layering
>leads
>basslines
>pads
Fire up a couple of u-he Diva's and your CPU is gonna choke quickly.

>FL Studio
That's because FL Stoodoo "producers" can't into complex music production because they're either HipHop producers or they produce primitive David Guetta shit.

>also Bitwig Linux
>no FabFilter, no Waves.. basically no linear phase EQ/dynamics
>NO MELODYNE

I can maybe see your point for a lush pad or a supersaw lead but even then you're talking like 16 notes of unison times three or four notes in a chord.

For a bass, fuck no, that shit is like 2 notes at most for a Reese, and even then you're probably gonna bounce it and resample it so the performance hit is one time only. Anything more than that and it will just sound muddy.

Not to mention that the 2700X can handle 520 notes.

>For a bass, fuck no
I often have 3-4 layers of basslines split across different frequencies.

>Not to mention that the 2700X can handle 520 notes.
On paper but not in practice. Go ahead and fire up a couple of Diva instances. You'll see how quickly your CPU's gonna choke.

>WHY THE FUCK THE USERS ARENT DOING THEIR DAMN JOB AND FILTER ON SIGHT HIS IDIOTIC THREADS JUST ONCE
kys

What absolute sonic diarrhea are you making?

>splits basslines into different frequencies
>makes fun of user for not splitting bassline

the joke is that neither of you actually make money from music

probably some imitation koan sound/tipper/mr bill/wook bullshit music that isn't any more "advanced" than your typical Guetta track when you really tear it apart

but I do? Many producers split their basslines.. what the fuck is wrong with you?

One of many examples youtube.com/watch?v=IQp66GmwBRI

What features does FL Studio lack to prevent complex music production?

"Pro" in the name.

Your keyboard has upwards of 30ms of hardware latency. I'm pretty sure that 5 vs 10 ms buffer length makes no difference. But that's assuming the problem actually exists, which I don't buy.

If you wanna talk about complex

>who is billain
>who is emperor
>who is spor

To name just few producers who are absolutely out of this world.

You're just too retarded to use TOOLS without preconceived opinion that was formed by reading some fags comment on youtube, user.

They all use resampling and chopping, dumbass. You can make that kind of music on a toaster.

Oh, never mind, I thought you were the other guy.

daft fuck is playing my house

>no Control room (like Cubase)
>no chord tracks
>note expression for VST3
>MIDI capabilites are a joke
>using hardware with FL Studio is basically suicide
>no equivalent to VariAudio/Meloydne with ARA

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

It's a good thing floating point numbers are only 64 bit then.

>It's a good thing floating point numbers are only 64 bit then.

Attached: ce8.png (621x702, 56K)

wowie here's your gold star mr. producer! excuse me while I bow to you.

on a semi-related note...if producing for mainstream clubs were an easy thing to do, more people would be making money from it. if you think making a club hit is easy, go out and do it!

In a world there dipshit musicians never release any notes even if they play at under -120db, 100 times quieter than faintest audible sound.

are you autistic? I'm not even trying to sound edgy or something? The vid I just showed you is literally from a known club music producer. My point was that splitting basslines is nothing unusual. There's a difference between proper Electronic music and primitive David Guetta shit, if you can't hear the difference you should move your ass to the ear nose throat department of your closest clinic. You are literally retarded.

If it's so much trouble making music on computer, why aren't you using physical instruments? You know, like actual musicians do?

>If it's so much trouble making music on computer
but it's not. It's fucking comfy with an Intel CPU. I can load as many VSTs as I want while maintaining low latency.

>why aren't you using physical instruments?
I do have a piano, a guitar and even a Moog synth... but this way I can have more.

>You know, like actual musicians do?
eh.. what?

nice goalpost move, retard

Top kek as soon as AMD fags get brought down to the ground of hard facts they start getting personal. Epic.

I still don't see how those things would prevent someone programming what you consider a complex track note-for-note, using the same vsts, then rendering it out and getting identical results.

>They all use resampling and chopping, dumbass. You can make that kind of music on a toaster.

False. Go back to your cave and see if you're missing a chromosome.

>2 shekels have been deposited into your shilling account

>Low latency
Keep your program tide to single CCX and you will get fastest latency on a CPU to date.

Your benchmark there says an Intel CPU could only handle 1/5th more if that shit, I wouldn't call it a significant difference. Even at that, is you approach computational power limits, you're doing it wrong. Here's a pro tip: mute the notes below -90db, and don't put 3600000ms decay on all instruments to help you with that. Don't use highest quality settings for editing and preview, that's for rendering. And don't put 300 active notes in general, nobody can fucking actually hear that anyway. 300 simultaneous samples, including shit load of chords, is plenty. If you're unironically going beyond that, try and assess yourself as a tryhard.
>what
Chip tune is played on 4 Gameboys through Arduino, not in a PC synth program. Things like that.

>MODS WHY AREN'T YOU DELETING ANTI-AMD THREADS
>MAKES 10 ANTI-INTEL THREADS AND MODS DON'T DELETE IT

>1/5 is not significant all of the sudden
>if it's the other way round AMD fags praise AMD as if they just discovered fire
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT THE FUCK

It's funny how you weebfags call Intel users "jews" and "shills" while you are the most unobjective shilling faggots in the tech industry.. almost as bad as applefags.

top kek

Eh I'm pretty sure I have been producing music both electronic and (((real))) for the past 8 years with a 1090T you double nigger.

>And don't put 300 active notes in general
but you can have 20 layers of synths including effects

That's what you get for parading corelet software as the single thing of importance. Intel straight up sucks in multicore.

AMD and Apple have the largest shills on this board along with Microsoft.

You'd understand Apple and Microsoft because they are giants but AMD? Intel and Nvidia shills only show up here when there are new product launches but AMD shills are always here making sure to shit on Intel and/or Nvidia as much as they can.

>he doesn't just print tracks using high CPU
>he cannot work within the constraints of a given production system

what a pleb