New ipad pro has usb-c instead of thunderbolt

>new ipad pro has usb-c instead of thunderbolt
grandiose decision. Pro. $799*.
* Apple Pencil, Apple Keyboard Case, Apple 3.5 mm USB-C dongle, Apple USB-C hub, not included
* Apple is now offering New iPad Pro alongside a regular iPad as current gen devices. iPad Pro and an iPad mini 4 are still available. All have their own New iPad Pro USB-C accessories, iPad Pro Lightning accessories and iPad Lightning accessories.
* Nothing is cross-compatible nor backwards-compatible.
* New Apple Pencil is not compatible with current gen regular iPad. Old Apple Pencil is not compatible with new iPad Pro.
* Current iPad and iPad Pro accessories are not cross-compatible.
* Legacy iPad Pro Lightning port accessories are not compatible with New iPad Pro. Buy everything new.
* Some of the stuff you got for your Macbooks with USB-C ports might be compatible with iPad Pro. Savvy savings!
* Nothing is compatible with your iPhone though. Maybe next year.

Attached: literally.png (854x703, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3037224/eu-might-force-apple-to-ditch-lightning-connector-in-favour-of-usb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>No notch.
Dissapointed, we need more notches, we need the on MacBooks too.

Apple in 2018

macboook with a notch would make me nut

>WHAT THE FUCK APPLEL FUKINGSEHFUIS RESPECT MYH INDUSTRY STANDERDZ USB-C FUCUUUCK YOUr THUNDERKUK pOrTNJERKJNE

*transitions to USB-C*

>wwWWWwwOOOOOOwwwWWWWwwwe HWAT THE FUUUCK !?!?!!

Ahem.

Usb c ???
What that is a surprise why doesn't lighting make more money?

The tablet looks great.
No notch
USB-C
Fast asf for a tablet
And minimalistic design with all screen and magnets.
I am still not a tablet guy but for those who are it looks comfy.

I actually think I may buy this. I've been wanting to get a tablet for a while now and I just couldn't bring myself to purchase one because they all seem to have flaws. This new iPad checks off almost every box I have. Especially including usb type c. I just wish that they would have had a mini version to. I don't know if I want that big of a tablet

Attached: 1501714646099.jpg (379x568, 27K)

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1514252688943.png (263x240, 111K)

>lagPad

Attached: 1531523105977.webm (640x360, 1.1M)

>another ipad running a fruity toy os
If Apple was smarter they'd make a thick tablet that has multiple USB type C Thunderbolt ports on it and put an Intel mobile CPU inside and make it run macOS. But instead they built an oversized smartphone with a smartphone OS that's fucking useless. Call me back when iOS isn't a locked down piece of garbage for women, children, and niggers. Thanks.

I really really really really don't want to be a macfag, but from what I see only Apple has a tablet with 4:3 resolution that also has +10 inch screen.

For all the other tables I found they are either 4:3 and have -10 inch screens, or +10inch but have 16:9/10 resolution.

Is there any, I mean any tablet that is 4:3 and +10 inch? Besides ipad. I really want to avoid buying a mac but it seems I have no other options

Attached: images.jpg (299x168, 6K)

Surface is 3:2

>Surface is 3:2
Is there much difference between that and 4:3 ? I mostly want it to read stuff, I find 16:9 widescreens insufferable.

When the guy had it next to an Xbox one S and said “as powerful as an XBOX ONE S but 94% smaller” he literally snatched Microsoft off of the roll, wiped his musky scented asshole with them and tossed them into a fire. That was the fastest most telling way I’ve ever seen someone disrespect another company before.

I might be showing my brainlet powerlevel here, but couldn't you embed the lightning cable inside of a USB port pretty easily?

NPDROIDS BTFO
>he has to rely on the same phrase every thread because he lacks individual thought.

Attached: npcdroid.jpg (533x539, 14K)

>poorly programmed software is representative of hardware

>fruit phone good
>you poor

Attached: yikes npc.jpg (220x229, 5K)

don't worry, it has a camera bump to make up fot the missing notch :^)

Attached: hero__b2q87exx6cfm_large.jpg (1124x839, 216K)

Call me back when you get a job, iPad is the best tablet out there, wangablows half asses touch PCs are need not to apply, real professionals migrate en mass from overpriced wacom to powerful iPads pro. Please do the needful and kys.

>He must be an Android fan

NPC thought process ladies and gentlemen.
Go buy an iPhone XS.

Why would they add legacy ports when wireless is the future? All they need now is mouse support and I would replace my laptop with one.

yeah how did they think this was a good idea

>Call me back when you get a job
Says the faggot who can't run any x86 software. Enjoy your Angry Birds and Facebook, cuck.

>when wireless is the future
Imagine being this fucking dumb. Imagine having to charge your headphones. Imagine having to charge your flash drive. Imagine having to charge your external HDD. Imagine constantly being vulnerable to attack by using shitty numale tech instead of just plugging in a fucking thumb drive. Imagine the absolute embarassment of a colleague handing you documents on a flash drive and saying "sorry, I'm a homo with no ports you gotta bend over backwards just for me". Just fucking imagine.

It’s called airdrop, iCloud, fucking email pick any of the above. Maybe if your over 60 years old and want to waggle around a keychain full of usb drives then live your dream, my friend.

You already have to charge your headphones, the only difference is that you choose to use ones that can only charge from your device.

So the iPhone 5 finally made it to the iPad? Always wondered why they strayed from it in the first place... I've always wanted an iPad so it seems like a great moment to jump in.

>thunderbolt
>lightning
pick one

>thunderbolt 3
>in a ARM chip
>even when Ryzen based PCs can't got it
Apple Derangement Syndrome: Inmune to facts and common sense.

You want to read stuff so you’re going to buy the most expensive tablet on the market, to read..? What the fuck?

>"GIVE US USB-C"
>ok here's usb-c
>"IT'S NOT THUNDERBOLT 3"
people are impossible to please

>new ipad pro has usb-c instead of thunderbolt
COURAGE

>Imagine having to charge your headphones.
People already do that but battery technology has gotten to the point where you only have to charge them like once a month.
You do know that the only reason you don't have to charge auxiliary headphones is because they're literally plugged in whenever they're being used, right? You are charging them, you're just not retaining the charge. They literally have to be plugged in at all times to work at all.
>Imagine having to charge your flash drive.
Cloud services are a thing.
>Imagine having to charge your external HDD.
Cloud services are a thing.
>Imagine constantly being vulnerable to attack by using shitty numale tech instead of just plugging in a fucking thumb drive.
You know, nobody is saying you have to go entirely wireless. You can use USB C flash drives if you want. They exist; they're out there.
>Imagine the absolute embarassment of a colleague handing you documents on a flash drive and saying "sorry, I'm a homo with no ports you gotta bend over backwards just for me".
Even when I was in high school like 9 years ago, my teachers would ask me to just email them project documents because it was just faster and more convenient than using thumb drives. Cloud services are a thing.
>Just fucking imagine.
Don't have to imagine it. It's already here, and it's not anywhere near as bad as you think it is.

>iOS 12
nope. if it had macos I'd buy it in an instant

holy fucking... kek dude, you fucking destroyed him better than I ever could

Attached: 1540868905277.jpg (2048x2048, 192K)

Is Steve Jobs spinning in his grave yet?

macOS simply isn't designed for fingers, and iOS 12 is perfect for this form-factor.

They thought they could dump thousands at once to large corporations, but no corporation is going to buy a device that is incompatible with most of their infrastructure.

This is what jobs wanted.
Now is this what wozniak wants?

why are all the apple threads getting locked?

>Keychain full of thumb drives
Talk about fucking strawmen...

They took the headphone jack out...of a tablet. What? There's no way it's a space issue, this is pure blatant kikery. Guess I'm sticking with sub-$200 chink tablets for now.

Mac Mini update is far more exciting.

Reasonably priced machine with 10gbit LAN and upgradeable RAM.
Too bad the SSD is soldered, but it has 4 thunderbolt ports for external storage.

Attached: macmini.jpg (452x420, 17K)

Can we stop this "ironically pretending to be a tech retard to piss people off" meme? You know this is a bad deal, I know it's a bad deal, let's all just agree for once ok? If you want a tablet go buy an old convertible thinkpad like a real cool Jow Forumsuy.

>complaining that Apple is following standards for once
what the fuck is wrong with you

No you DONT have to charge your headphones. Bluetooth headphones being a necessity to listen to audio on your phone has been the most massive step backwards in many year.

Apple Derangement Syndrome

>yes goy, just use more data and put everything on the cloud so we can get all your stuff for free and claim it was hacked

I think the mini mac harkens back to the old apple computers. It's slick

No, the guy he was replying to destroyed him and the guy you're replying to is having a massive autistic fit trying to justify wanting the latest apple scam device.

They're nice little boxes to run MacOS for when you need it. They make excellent image deployment servers for anyone running Apple device fleets, as well as Time Machine backup servers.

>"pro" tablet
>costs the same or less than their phone
Lol wut

Its every Thing you want in a mac, with out the bad stuff. I think I'll get one, in the future. Be fun to mess around with.

I am 100% surprised nobody replied to your x86 remark
It shocks me to think people on Jow Forums understand how useful the Office suite is.

>they took the headphone jack out of a tablet
>they took
>the headphone jack
>out
>of
>the
>tablet

Attached: 1526432153009.gif (150x113, 942K)

Wired headphones require a constant charge to function while wireless headphones can use the internal battery or be plugged in. It's only wireless IEMs that force you to charge the battery first.

I don't get why they would use RAM DIMMs but solder the SSD
Is it so they can use their T2 chip?

Should push the prices of the old ones down a bit, they were getting way too expensive before this refresh.
The old ones are very serviceable, as long as you don't need the extra power,10Gbit lan, or thunderbolt 3.

They don't even need to solder for T2 because they have used proprietary SSD form factors for years.
My guess for RAM is that it saves board space. The DIMM's are mounted at an angle, which allows for SMD components underneath the sticks.

Maybe they soldered the SSD because that's just what the engineers are used to now, and didn't want to re-engineer the signaling characteristics of the data lines.
It's much easier to design the RAM lines and signaling as that's been a standard for many years.

it really bothers me that the corner radiuses aren't the same

why did Steve Jobs die

Radii.
Also, they're the same arclength of 90', with a common center, so it's fine.

Turns out a bullshit artist can get his head too far in the clouds and be a victim of his own hubris.

Who would've thought

Funnily enough the only thing I needed from it was OSX to run some scripts, have one set up at work with a TB2 10GBE adaptor which runs like a piece of shit through remote desktop. Getting to the ssd is far harder then the even older macminis.
Current one looks okay if only because getting 10gbe in that form factor is almost impossible and there's still no usb3 10gbe dongles.

How is adblocking on iOS?
I'm considering getting one of those for watching videos and other shit, but I won't unless there's something like YouTube Vanced and a proper, actually secure adblocking extension for Safari that I can use on muh animu websites without getting redirected to Indian "You have birus on you're computar coll us immidely" alerts constantly?

TB3 dock with 10gbe PCIe adapter doesn't work on MacOS right? They just block the ID of the device, even though it uses the same driver as the on-board chip.

radii sorry
could you make a little diagram or something? they look weird, like the inside radius is tighter than the outside one

i really dislike some decisions jony ive is taking, like putting the macbook name dead center in every new laptop

retina 2013 is the best design because it has no branding in the front

Their customers are now saturated with Lightning cables and adapters
Now is the time to sell them something new and make everything they already have worthless.
Wouldn't want the dongle business to die.

Thank you based Apple.

>fuck your headphone jack, Lightning is the future
>btw we're not using lightning anymore
Apple being Apple as usual.

>cloud cloud cloud
5 gb lmao
imagine paying for a thing that you don't own that's not even a thing
imagine letting your data be taken hostage

I've returned to Jow Forums after two years of absence and you are still here with the same faggot tripcode. Amazing.

Fuck I just bought two lightning cables for 20$ because they always die.

Should I just return them and get the new iPad?

I wonder how many horses were slaughtered to make all the glue you need for one of those devices.

Don't know, I don't see why they wouldn't if macos has the drivers for the device as they do just tunnel the pcie protocal as far as I know.
Anyway there's a slew of 10gbe TB3 adaptors available, the aquantia powered ones are even resonably priced, infact anything new that has a 10gbe port for ~$100 is using an AQ107.
My main issue is getting some for TB2 for the dozen old gen MACs in the office, there was one for $200 but it seemed to dissappear very quickly and adaptors don't work back and forth, so it's ~£500 to get 10gbe on our production imacs. PCs have had £100 cards for a while now.
My other want was getting 10gbe in low profile itx boards. I just want an onboard 10gbe on an itx mobo already. New mac mini seems to hit a few of my wants in that regard.

>changes cables AGAIN
>prices keep going UP

Attached: dunkey2.webm (640x360, 1.48M)

Not perfect, but close.

Attached: 1540923550554_2.png (854x703, 235K)

You don't have to use Apple's USB cables now.

not bad

Attached: pixel 3xl notch.png (571x755, 300K)

nice, i see, thanks
i wonder why it looks somewhat weird then. maybe im used to the iPhone X radius where the inner circle is bigger and closer to the outer one

Pretty much everyone does large internal radius, without common center.

Probably its an anti tampering measure or they use some kind of strange NVME implementation that also needs to bypass the Intel chipset one.

>changes cables AGAIN
they've literally only done it once before. why do people keep crying about this?

Topkek

>only 2 usb ports
fuck applel

>samsmug changes the port on their flagship phone annually for 4 years straight
>nobody cares

>applel changed the port one time 7 years ago
>people are still losing their shit today

>If Apple was smarter they'd make a thick tablet that has multiple USB type C Thunderbolt ports on it and put an Intel mobile CPU inside and make it run macOS

Attached: if g made the iphone.png (618x968, 530K)

>has usb-c instead of thunderbolt
I guess Americans don't know: The European Union made Apple and the rest of the tech industry agree to using USB as a standard years and years ago. Zoomers won't remember how every damn cellphone had it's own special proprietary charger and it didn't even work with other phones from the same brand but some of you will remember what a mess it was. Then suddenly every new device got a standard MicroUSB connector. This was thanks to the EU deal which Apple, in their foolishness, signed on to but never honored. The fascist union recently reminded them..
theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3037224/eu-might-force-apple-to-ditch-lightning-connector-in-favour-of-usb

Now you know why all new Apple devices will have a USB port.

The EU requires a "universal standard " for personal electronics chargers

Apple managed to get a special exception for however many years, supposedly that is up next year

>filename
kek

Jesus christ these people are insane.
Does anyone know what specific aplle department is responsible with these decisions for new gen devices?
I fail to see any logic in this madness

Is there really a reason to buy an Ipad for $800 when I can have an i7 laptop with a real OS for that much?

Actually pretty interested in it myself

I can't justify $1000 for a desktop without a GPU though and I don't do any video encode.

I think anybody buying one of these should avoid getting the standard gigabit model, honestly they should have just made 10gbe default to kick the rest of the industry in the ass like they're doing with USB-C. Besides that the soldered on SSD is fucking gay and they could have easily gone with a standard M.2 slot

Pretty gud on safari. For adblocking on jewtube you need to jailbreak or sideload a modified app.

They're assuming you don't ever need to do normal people work or that iOS has enough apps to cover what you do.

Which is actually probably right for 95% of people. Even programmers can probably get away with an iPad only now that we have decent ssh clients and the ability to compile code remotely.

So you're saying apple's programmers are retards

It’s great for us digital artists. Not sure why anyone else would buy one though

>tfw have to throw away like 3 rather expensive lightning cables

usb-c was always the answer, why couldn't they just have implemented it sooner?

Based

>Even programmers can probably get away with an iPad only now that we have decent ssh clients and the ability to compile code remotely.
I wish this were true, but it sadly isn't. The ability to run Docker containers locally is practically a requirement for most developers these days. Also, none of the IDEs in the App Store come even close to Visual Studio Code or a riced Emacs setup.

t. tried to use a 2nd gen iPad Pro as a sole dev machine for a month before giving it back