How is you Internet connections lads?

How is you Internet connections lads?
Because mine looks like a freaking rollercoaster

Attached: wiiiiiiiii.png (430x449, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/3ovcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just depends what you're doing with your computer.

Here is mine just after finishing a speedtest.

Attached: 2018-10-30 16_02_27.png (1668x700, 101K)

>4ms
>Almost 1Gb

Dude, where do you live?

Attached: adxzl6lW_700w_0.jpg (680x641, 13K)

20-30 minutes outside of Washington DC.

I pay $90 for 1Gb. How do I fix this?

Attached: tmp.png (673x278, 21K)

Could be your router, could be your ISP peering, could be local congestion. Could be your client devices NIC.

>Could be your router
I have a netgear nighthawk running tomato. Testing internally it doesn't seem to be the issue.
>Could be your ISP peering.
That I don't know.
>Could be local congestion.
Internal to my house it is only myself.
>Could be your client devices NIC
I also wonder this, its an integrated NIC on the mobo but is supposedly 1Gbp.

>>Could be local congestion.
>Internal to my house it is only myself.
wut?

Local congestion meaning your neighbors, internet is a shared resources, whatever pipe is feeding your house, is feeding others in your area too.

If it's an integrated NIC, unless it's intel, I wouldn't put too much faith in it, even integrated intel NICs wont be as solid as their standalone PCIe NICs.

I idle it at a steady 0.01% most of the time, probably

Attached: 1532784613071.png (1450x926, 72K)

>2.4gbps

Stop posting from work, or stop using inspect element to change the result.

you realize business internet is 20000 times more expensive than home, right?
my company internet is 30/5... lol

>Business
Lol

Attached: IMG_20181030_144422.jpg (5312x2988, 2M)

Then you're just lying, because Cox doesn't offer anything beyond 1gbps, not to mention they wouldn't provide a router capable of providing you full 2.4gbps WAN connectivity. Consider a router capable of that is going to run you minimum $500, and easily $1500+ from a big name company.

So we're left with two options, one you're lying, two it's misreporting your actual speeds, because there is no way in hell cox is actually delivering more than 1gbps to a single customer.

You don't need to lie for attention user, it's okay.

Seriously doubt it's the NIC, even cheap Realtek gigabit cards work just fine. Just test what speed you get copying between two computers connected to a switch (like the one on your router) and you'll quickly see if that's the problem. It's more than likely not. Stuff like onboard RAM for offloading on NICs used to matter (a realtek nic will have 32kb and a Intel enterprise NIC 512kb) but modern CPUs don't have issues handling interrupts from gigabit NICs so it's a non-issue.

>even cheap Realtek gigabit cards work just fine.
I mean, not really, even new realtek gigabit NICs can have issues, I had one from a 2017 motherboard fail to break 800mbps despite having an intel machine on the same network hitting 945mbps.

wwwwwwwoaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Attached: file.png (1241x587, 43K)

>being this insecure

Ironic.

Wouldn't the truly insecure one be the person lying to feel superior to others on the internet over their connection speed?

I mean, it'd be realllll fuckin simple to post a bill or even a screenshot of the internet plan you subscribe to on your ISPs website.

Yet instead we get fairly obviously fake images instead showing speedtests that are almost assuredly falsified.

Show some real proof or shut up, no one is going to believe a speedtest beyond 1gbps without something more.

Take a speedtest.net test and post the result ID and then i'd believe you.

Ironic
>reddit spacing
fast.com is far more accurate. speedtest is fucking garbage and always has been.
Please stop being so insecure with yourselves, it's absolutely pathetic.
Crybabies these days, this site is a cesspool...

>fast.com is far more accurate
No, it can't be independently verified. I'm not asking you to post your full 2.4gbps+ speeds on speedtest.net, just post a speedtest.net test that breaks 1.1gbps and post a result ID with it that matches.
Not even asking you to break 2gbps.

Post speedtest with ID or you're full of shit.

Attached: Capture.png (1450x353, 22K)

Is this some samefag redditor or something?
Holy fucking shit you're all pathetic..
streamable.com/3ovcs

Idk why, but that downlaod rate made me chuckle

Attached: azaZrrY4_700wa_0.gif (455x364, 15K)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ABSOLUTELY BTFO
HOW DO YOU FEEL ?? FUCKING FAGGOT LOL

I can get fast.com to do the same shit for me on my upload, it's a testing error and isn't accurate.

unless you think I am actually uploading 1.2gbps+ on a 1gbps NIC?

Attached: superfast.webm (576x448, 975K)

reddit fags BTFO hard in this thread, wew lad

Considering it's bullshit? Feels fine.

Again, post speedtest.net with a result ID and i'd believe him.

I'd bet $20 he's got 300mbps, or MAYBE 1gbps. But it ain't faster than that.

>later that day, redditor killed himself
please do.

and it's gone higher than 1.2gbps too, sometimes it even goes past 2gbps upload, which i'm obviously not doing.

>still can't just admit he's lying.
Grow up.

Attached: 2018-09-05 17_47_07.png (1193x1182, 93K)

here is another BS fast.com result, what's funny is BOTH of these numbers are impossible using a 1gbps NIC.

TCP/IP packet overhead is 5.5%, meaning on a 1000mbps conneciton, you'll see at most 945mbps throughput, so both 1.3gbps, and 970mbps break this number, meaning netflix (fast.com) is reporting numbers that physically CAN'T be happening.

But yes, please keep telling me how much more accurate fast.com is, i'm sure i'll believe you someday.

Attached: 2018-10-30 17_22_35.png (1176x895, 74K)

>streamable.com/3ovcs
>3.4gbps
>new test
>1.8gbps
Looks like testing error to me user, not sure what the fuck you expected to prove with this. Post a speedtest.net, or DSLreports.com test, or shut the fuck up. Fast.com is known to be bullshit.

Last I checked tomato doesn't support hardware accelerating or QoS so that'll stop you from gigabit

yep, i remember some users when comcast first launched their gigabit tier having issues getting above 700mbps with tomato.

>still no speedtest
lmao

>fast.com is far more accurate.
>streamable.com/3ovcs
>3.4gbps
>1.8gbps

You know, dropping a whole 1.5gbps between tests is a good sign it's NOT an accurate test.

how much is speedtest paying all these shills I wonder?
speedof.me is far better.. must be a reddit invasion

>speedof.me is far better.. must be a reddit invasion
Maybe for your shitty 50 or 100mbps connection, but at 1gbps speeds their servers are fucking garbage. Why the fuck would they use a 128MB or even 256MB test file size for a 1gbps connection? When I do a speedtest through speedtest.net, or Fast.com, it's going through 2-3GB of data in 20-30 seconds. Speedof.me barely goes through 500MB total for both upload and download. It's simply not using large enough files to accurately test faster connection speeds.
On my 1gbps fiber connection, speedof.me NEVER breaks 300-400mbps, ever.

But I can download and upload torrents to the fucking Netherlands from the East coast US, at 700-800mbps+ without a problem, it's obviously an issue with speedof.me, not my connection.

Feels like my home-server/seedbox/router is bottlenecking me a bit. Still not expecting exactly 1gbps for about 15eur/$17 month

Attached: 1gbps-avertised.jpg (2800x1284, 196K)

speedtest servers are fucking garbage at 1gbps as well, it's pretty sad

anything beyond around 880mbps it gets hard to nail down exactly what the culprit could be.

Could be your local machine, could be your internet provider, could just be local load on your closest node, or a peering point between you and the server you're testing to.

depends on the server, speedtest.net allows people to host their own speedtest servers which I find to be more reliable.

A local hosting company a few miles from me runs their own speedtest.net server that isn't publicly listed and is only accessible through their website. It's almost never being used, so I can hit 940mbps without any issue.

Public speedtest.net servers at the same time tend to hit 800-880mbps.

Oh, thanks a bunch! I was concentrating on my own infrastructure too much, not even considering all the possible outside factors.

240mb connection cut down to around 80mb due to powerline.

Attached: file.png (670x557, 57K)

Yeah, the fact you're managing to test ~100km away and still retain above 850mbps is a good sign. You're certainly getting about as good as it gets for gigabit.

Not too shabby

Attached: Screenshot_20181031-003639.jpg (1440x2445, 317K)

>tons of winfag redditors in thread
wew

Bruh that 1gb they promised you is just marketing. I have fiber and it easily ranges between 300 Mbps to 950 Mbps.

>easily ranges between 300 Mbps to 950 Mbps.
that just means your ISP is shitty and overselling their line.

I am almost always around 850-945mbps.

40€ for pic related.
It's stable as hell.

Attached: st.png (447x100, 9K)

Kind of happens when your stuck with a duopoly. God bless the Telecomms Act.

Never heard of ethernet through usb?

so what? I'm using cat5e through a 1gbps NIC, to a 1gbps switch, to another 1gbps switch, then to my router which has a 1gbps WAN, then to my ONT which has a 1gbps ethernet.

So it's gonna be limited to 945mbps.

He can have 10G internet (Salt in Switzerland gives it away pretty cheaply)
10G port on router, cat6a cable to an ethernet to usb adapter. Over 1gb speedtest

Still no nbn here yet but i can manage.

Attached: speedof.me_18-10-31.png (1200x800, 153K)

But it's MY internet, i know exactly how i'm connecting. It's showing me 1.3gbps upload on a connection that can't POSSIBLY hit over 945mbps.