At what age did you grow out of linux?

at what age did you grow out of linux?

Attached: 2018-10-30 (2).png (1366x768, 2.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u4oMEljRzBY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does anyone have a solution to filter threads like this? Here is my hide list

> sticker desktop keyboard desktops iPhone ifag homo* mech spg inhales apple amd intel leather homescreen

like 10

is this a game dev guy in OP?

With a list like that might as well just add .*

>homo*
Fag

Just filter everything lmao

hitting 50 still using it.

filter /grow out of/i

sup boomer

very recently when the anti linux for general purpose use meme started to be shilled on Jow Forums
"oh terry died and he isnt streaming linux use all the time, nows the time to shit on it MS shills"

I never got on it. I use Adobe CC.

45 year old boomer, and still going strong.

Attached: 1529817217554.jpg (675x601, 73K)

The closest thing to a ``solution'' is to bring back /prog/. Also, don't forget to sage when you reply.
Also this.

Am I reading this right, you're calling out people shilling anti-linux and saying it worked on you?

I grew out if it at 12 because I noticed that I couldn't play any game

23, guess I got bored of it

Well now that you're 13 everything has changed, user. You can play Steam games with it.

56 and I haven't yet.

I was never young enough to use an OS that doesn't have VSYNC.

Damn... So many oldfags in this thread.

Birth

In '93, it was worth it to grab 30 disk images off Usenet, so you could run tools similar to the ones at college at home on hardware you could afford. I had less memory and way less storage, but I didn't have to share it with 90 other students, like I'd have to on our Ultrix systems.
I get paid to work on lots of things, mostly without any OS at all, but a free and high-quality POSIX compliant system will always have a home in my home.

I hear you can use paper as a privacy filter

Sound comfy af.

checked 'em

33 and haven't found a replacement

00000101 my nigga

Around 18 when I started to take my career and work/life balance seriously.

Around 16

i know someone just like you

At the age you stopped playing video games

62 y/o here. Started with it in '94 and never looked back...

Got to my early 20s, actually tested the meme "linux can do things windows cant lololol btfo", found it was a lie. Windows 2000 destroyed any reason for Linux to exist.

Maybe 14? It was a fun experiment but who in their right mind would use an OS with almost no decent software?

been using it for about 10 years and I haven't really looked back, especially with how Win10 is doing lol

also
>thought 30 was old
>this thread
doesn't make me feel bad now, thanks older lads.

>Windows 2000 destroyed any reason for Linux to exist.
Based NT 5.x

My dev VMs are still Server 2003-based.

This is the only filter I use on Jow Forums, on the subject field:
/\/.{2,}\//;boards:g;

Attached: file.png (156x55, 2K)

image analyze tech lead's face
filter

!(TriggersFreetards=TRUE) ?

>boomer
>45
pick one kid

he's some youtube faggot doing '''lifestyle''' videos on how to be a better programmer while all he has ever programmed is a literal clone of the HotS wiki for iOS

I blame the "I sexually identify as an Apache attack helicopter and all of you have to submit to that or I'll call you a bigot" zeitgeist. It doesn't have to be true - it can be illogically counter-reality - NPCs just have to "feel" it.

What do you develop?

When is that chinaman going to grow out of a twin mattress? LOL, forever alone! Haha.

Nothing important. I'm a fucking OCD cunt, so when I meet something that doesn't work exactly the way I want it to, I write my own. My latest was a 200 clone of vhdxtool that accepts a sector count as the size parameter (and allows you to set the sector size) because Powershell wouldn't let me - that sort of thing. And I don't like how every IDE likes to rootkit your machine with their JIT debuggers.

Imagine being so pathetic you take advice from a gook
sage goes on all fields

200 LINE clone, rather. Fuck.

Announcing sage. Wow, racists are real smart.

install gentoo

22, started using even I was like 16.

Any particular reason why you use Server 2003 for that?

ching chong ping pong

Because it's halfway between the speed and lightness of XP, and the "do absolutely everything" capabilities of Vista.

Interesting. I have a 32-bit server running 2003 R2. I'm thinking about upgrading it to Server 2008 since it's the last 32-bit version and still supported, but I really like 2003 and 2008 has been temperamental at times.

Around 22-23 when I found a decent job and bought a decent computer that could run windows

The year of Linux on the desktop joke is probably older than you are. Anti Linux for general purpose is not new.

>filters amd and intel
>doesnt filter nvidia
go back
>>>v

OP will get tired eventually

Some are paid well enough for their shilling that they keep it up for years.

Attached: 1540603919948.jpg (785x1199, 133K)

>especially with how Win10 is doing lol
Best windows of all time, how can you even compare it to some communist basement dweller "OS"?

Attached: 1334275389996.jpg (479x360, 44K)

i only used it for a month and realized its not for me. windows can do almost everything it can do

>eventually

Attached: 1540580114842.jpg (695x1188, 146K)

> blocking 99% of Jow Forums
what else is there to discuss ?, why not create your own crappy thread?

kek

Judging by the quality of OP I doubt he's getting paid a single penny. Which is sad because he's shilling trillion dollar companies for the cost of $0.

>filters every post on Jow Forums

are you making 40k a year doing nothing?

youtube.com/watch?v=u4oMEljRzBY

Are you the kind of Twitter user that just blocks everyone by default? This makes you look like a true cuck

Post a picture of your catalog with that filter applied.

I'm brainlet. What does it filter?

I'm 31, work at AI research company where everyone uses Linux. That gook retard was on a verge of firing because he couldn't pull his weight and now he spews this retarded bullshit on YT. Just the fact that google hired him shows how well past its prime it really is.

Alright user, here it is w/ my new and improved filter list.

> sticker desktop keyboard desktops iPhone* ifag* homo* keyboard* spg inhales apple amd intel leather homescreen iPad bst battles* grow ryzen i9 threadripper macos games videogames night bendy poor theme gaming macfag* winfag* headset* gayforce nvidia *captcha hello Terry bulldozer ptg listening humanity gaybook

Also I'm phone posting xd. Jow Forums as a whole is a lost cause so I'm debloating it before I move on. It appears to catch 70% of useless threads but random SQT get caught from reddit fags who can't use this site.

Attached: Screenshot_Clover_20181031-134725.png (1440x2560, 900K)

>Growing out of a kernel?
Are you some variety of CORN?

Attached: 1521659798253.jpg (600x600, 22K)

>phone posting
fuck off

Attached: Screenshot_Clover_20181031-134731.png (1440x2560, 958K)

Yea, I still see some garbage in there.

Yeah phone posting ruined this place but I don't care anymore. Fuck it I'll join them, I can't even see phone posters anyways with my filters so it doesn't bother me. Use my filter if you hate them to.

Attached: Screenshot_Clover_20181031-134736.png (1440x2560, 878K)

Attached: Screenshot_Clover_20181031-134741.png (1440x2560, 1.11M)

Attached: Screenshot_Clover_20181031-134746.png (1440x2560, 980K)

go back

Attached: Screenshot_Clover_20181031-134750.png (1440x2560, 990K)

Attached: Screenshot_Clover_20181031-134755.png (1440x2560, 1.09M)

I don't know about you, but I do my programming in Adobe Photoshop.

Do you really think anyone cares? Fuck off back to plebbit

All general threads, i.e., threads that have e.g. /xx/ in the subject field.

#MeToo.

I wonder who could be behind calling me a redditor?

> sticker desktop keyboard desktops iPhone* ifag* homo* keyboard* spg inhales apple amd intel leather homescreen iPad bst battles* grow ryzen i9 threadripper macos games videogames night bendy poor theme gaming macfag* winfag* headset* gayforce nvidia *captcha hello Terry bulldozer ptg listening humanity gaybook

I really hope you all are shills and not humans, if so do the needful and rope yourself

Attached: sage.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Sure, now go back.

Too much of a pussy to fight and forgets to sage go back

I care, because I asked for it. Now fuck off back to /b/.

go to tech boards on other chans, this board is already doomed
80% of threads here are just million times repeated baits

I respect you dear boomer