Computer Desks

I'm trying to find a new computer desk. I found pic related as it meets my size requirements, but it's $400. I want something like it but cheaper. Don't care about the mousepad top. Just a simple, sturdy desk that is deep and wide like this one. 63"x32"

I have two 27" monitors on one of those clamp on center stands so I need something big that will also hold my bookshelf speakers, receiver, etc.

There has got to be something else out there that is like this but cheaper.

Attached: 41YlPSlfWmL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

costco.com/ApexDesk-Elite-Series-71"-x-33"-Height-Adjustable-Table--Black.product.100385948.html
amazon.com/gp/product/B004MTNNSQ/
youtube.com/watch?v=--N4l-xHz14
youtube.com/watch?v=nr-tFtAe0S8
samsclub.com/sams/basyx-bl-series-credenza-shell/prod2140910.ip?xid=pdp:carousel:customers-also-considered:2
formaspaceoffice.com/products/office-desks/weldmarx-iii/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

t. zoomer cant into woodworkiing

Attached: 1512498189416.jpg (594x582, 182K)

top tier desk reporting in

costco.com/ApexDesk-Elite-Series-71"-x-33"-Height-Adjustable-Table--Black.product.100385948.html

it kinda looks like the one you posted, but less faggy

Attached: imageService[1].jpg (350x350, 8K)

Found this. Ikea Bekant. $189. Same size.

Attached: 0668679_PE714635_S5.jpg (2000x2000, 456K)

Attached: collapsible-computer-tables-desks-ikea-inspiring-desk-picture-ideas-with-hutch-folding-keyboard-tray (1000x1000, 87K)

Adapta Table 20 x 36 - Black / Walnut amazon.com/gp/product/B004MTNNSQ/

I bought this 2 years ago. I don't have a monitor on it (wall mounted), just a keyboard and mouse. I bought the 36" table for under $60, but the 48" table can be had for ~$104. It's not a bad table for the price, and it's adjustable.

Attached: 71adFr9u1sL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1347, 61K)

naw that is garbo.

Search your local online classifieds for an old ikea jerker. Either the desk or table versions. It's the true thinking man's desk.

Not enough leg room, monitor too high to look at when sitting at correct height for keyboard, all usable desk space is on one side and you have to lift your arms up to reach it. Overall, really weird ergonomics on that one.

Could be wrong, though. Pretty certain the monitor would be too high.

> less than 400
My suggestion to you
Ikea countertop + a couple of things to put it on
Or get a real job and stop living off neet-bucks

>youtube.com/watch?v=--N4l-xHz14
Just make your own brah. Watch this for basic information on how to go about doing it.

>sturdy as fuck
>yet modular
>yet lightweight
>yet cheap as fuck
>yet customizable to whatever you want
>yet easy as fuck to make your own with almost no tool (except some glues/screw drivers)

Well I use the bottom shelve for legs room, 22" monitor top at eyes level, use the mouse of the side space with arm resting since lazy or for the laptop with an extra chair near if my gf need to use it, folding space help to hide junk fast by sliding it back, overall not bad, I had mine for free as a gift but it was at 80$CA so maybe far bellow in $US.

Had various desks even premium ones, not the sturdiest but it's cost-efficient.

youtube.com/watch?v=nr-tFtAe0S8

This. I designed my own desk and I'm using it right now.

if you don't already have a good desk you are too poor to research and buy a good one.

a good desk is a basic part of life if your asking about one on a tech forum your a poor cunt and shouldn't ask.

University surplus. Plenty of desks, $40.

That looks like absolute shit

How much depth is enough for a computer table?

Attached: 1516581790059.png (741x568, 29K)

your arm length

Got this desk a few years ago at Sams Club.
Best desk I ever had!

www. samsclub.com/sams/desk-l-shaped-linea-italia/prod8620233.ip?xid=plp_product_1_20

Attached: desk.jpg (1500x1500, 81K)

>go to hardware store
>buy a sheet of plywood for $8
>get the boomer who works there to cut it for you
>take it home
>hammer some legs and L brackets into it
>drill a hole for the cables
Enjoy your custom Ikea furniture

>get the boomer who works there to cut it for you
why are they always so hyped and happy to cut fucking sheets of wood?

Attached: boomer.jpg (840x630, 68K)

From my shoulder or elbow?

Attached: 1489683438060.png (612x491, 98K)

arm
noun
each of the two upper limbs of the human body from the shoulder to the hand

Because that's what they do best.

Where does hand end or start?
>to the hand
Is it inclusive or exclusive?

Attached: 1516580549187.png (657x527, 38K)

shut up

OK
I guess, I'll never know.

Attached: 1531111051940.jpg (793x786, 54K)

TRIPS
seriously, plywood, some 4x4 bits, and screws. sand it down and paint. desk for like $30

>$600 for a flat fucking desk
>Only thing remotely justifying the cost is it's adjustable
I'm so fucking burnt out on this desk shit. Everything even remotely nice costs a fucking fortune.
>Decide that I want a bigger desk, with some space for a second monitor and a edge that I can clamp a mic arm to
>Do some searching around and find what I thought was a pretty nice one at office depot
>Made of engineered wood, but the display model in store seemed sturdy
>Got it on sale with a hutch for it for $400
>Had to get rid of an old corner desk to make room. This one just held my tv and console, but the plan was to use my current computer desk for that and move the monitor and pc to the new, bigger one
>Take the heavy corner desk downstairs
>Unbox the new desk and bring it upstairs
>Spend a couple hours putting together all of the pieces
>Get about two thirds of the way through the building process when a screw just fucking splits the particle board
>Store was very nice about it and let me swap out that single piece with a new one
>Try again, but further down the line more screws strip and ruin parts of the desk
>End up returning it
>Mention my desk troubles to my uncle
>Turns out he's getting rid of an old office and has a huge executive desk to just give me
>Fucker is huge, 78 inches by 35
>Manage to get it into a truck with some help and get it to my place
>It's several hundred pounds and can't get it upstairs
>Just tried a few hours ago with two other guys helping me, managed to get it halfway up the stairs before we couldn't get it any further up
>Forced to give up this great desk and settle for some expensive piece of shit one
>Tv and consoles just on my floor
I'm so fucking exhausted from this shit. Getting a new desk went from being a fun thing to just being a long tiring chore.

I actually got the legs from this in black and bought a slab of actual wood to place on top. End result looks pretty good imh plus no sagging cause its a full frame

Fuck people for enjoying what they do.

inb4 t. boomer

>"Howdy!"
>"How can I help ya?"
uh can you cut this
>"OH YEAH THAT'S WHAT WE CALL A PLYWOOD, MADE FROM BIRCH!"
haha yeah..

looking for a desk that doesn't glue my face to the monitor.
everything marketed as workstation is in the 50-70cm range, i'd be interested in something 80 or even 90cm deep.
Not king size though, i don't need something 3 meters wide to smoke cigars behind

This, the simpler the better

Don't know if you mind it just being a shell
samsclub.com/sams/basyx-bl-series-credenza-shell/prod2140910.ip?xid=pdp:carousel:customers-also-considered:2

ikea gerton

solid wood top and many choices for legs, 61" x 29.5", between 130 and 220 burgers before shipping costs depending on which legs you pick

This looks like it was popular on the 90 and then people quickly tried to forget it exists.

>what is conference desk

complain more Mary

It has cheap plastic screws
Don't buy it

Attached: 160428055.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

JerkerMasterRace

well fuck me this is perfect formaspaceoffice.com/products/office-desks/weldmarx-iii/

however
>2 squares of metal and a slap of glued together wood pieces
>that will be 1488 dollars plus taxes plus tip please

Attached: 1493354359032.png (1353x758, 27K)

Go on gumtree/craiglist
Set location to closest CBD
Find office desks.

Not sure if sarcastic.
But you can eat dinner with your family around your conference/computer desk while everyone watching newest episode of Rick and Morty.
Sounds comfy to me.

Yes they will be 1,5k for a street bench sir

>buying new
Why?
Are you a startup with too much VC money?

Costs $3 per cut here :(
Fucking bunnings.

absolutely serious
i have friends who had a dining table, slightly larger than what i linked, custom built by a master carpenter for 3000€, and he threw in a small wine rack from the leftover scraps for free.

No way am i paying a regular business that much for much simpler and likely automated work

I have a big corner table i got from Ikea for like $50 with a big side table too. $400 table in OP's pic is a huge ripoff.

is that with finished edges or just for running it through a table saw?