Can't fucking download Youtube videos anymore

What the fuck?

VideoDownloadHelper
1-CLick
Easy Youtube Video Downloader

Now they only work for some videos, and some not

Attached: youtube-logo.png (896x504, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md#readme
gist.github.com/ub
mrs0m30n3.github.io/youtube-dl-gui/
duckduckgo.com/lite/?q=youtube-dl.exe batch
pastebin.com/raw/LkDDm3fM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube-dl

>Posting from your IP range has been blocked due to abuse
>tfw nagasaki hiroshima finally banned my vpn

youtube-dl doesn't have this problem

downloaderino extension works fine for me, video, audio and also subs

Attached: things_no_one_asked_for_1287852703380186758_1480968512.jpg (1080x951, 88K)

No problem here. Youtube-dl works fine. Your just a fag OP

Does youtube-dl automatically download the highest resolution video? Or is there a command line for you to download 720p? Does it allow you to download 1080?

github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md#readme

yes, yes, and yes

It lets you download any combination of audio and video. If you have ffmpeg installed it will automatically mux them together. By default it downloads the highest res.

Attached: ytdl.png (1953x1785, 402K)

>Does youtube-dl automatically download the highest resolution video?
By default it attempts to dl the 'best' audio and video.

>Or is there a command line for you to download 720p?
If you don't use the default then you have to select the format you want.

>Does it allow you to download 1080?
If the format is available.

Attached: ytdl.png (1690x662, 159K)

What command line do you type for you to choose which format? Mine automatically downloads soon as I type in youtube-dl "url here"

>What command line do you type for
Read this "--format" or "-f"

youtube-dl -F [url]
then youtube-dl -f [number of format] [url]

>1-CLick
gist.github.com/ub one/562d43d59f6ddcc 8d63c228e3ce717e8
>remove 2 spaces
the power of foss :^)

I forgot that if you dont have ffmpeg it will only download the highest res with audio. So it wouldn't download 1080p with dash audio by default.

Attached: dl.png (1976x1980, 418K)

jdownloader - grab anything from youtube to image board threads, never failed me

>recommending youtube-dl to idiots when youtube-dlg exists
wow so 1337 epic cli

Attached: youtube-dlg downloads.webm (898x516, 465K)

Why are wangtards so afraid of text based interfaces? I don't get it. It is the most efficient and simplest way of communicating with your machine.

Who knows

Attached: ytdl+ffmpeg.webm (828x720, 2.98M)

convenience > ""efficiency""

Why is it more convenient to use a gui when all you have to do is write one command and paste a URL?

clicking a labeled button will always be more convenient than memorizing a bunch of commands/aliases and manually writing them in a command line.

guess why 98.99999% of operating systems used on a desktop computer feature a gui genius.

It is literally 10 characters and one url. I don't see how that qualifies as a bunch of commands.

>It is literally 10 characters and one url
what if i want to change formats? audio only? change the quality? batch download a long list of random youtube videos from a text file? update the youtube-dl binary and ffmpeg?
youtube-dlg lets you do all of that with a dedicated button.
you on the other hand have to memorize commands and manually type them over and over again. how is THAT convenient?

>what if i want to change formats?
An extra 2 characters.
>audio only?
The same as above.
>change the quality?
The same as above.
>batch download a long list of random youtube videos from a text file?
Paste them.
>update the youtube-dl binary and ffmpeg?
One command.
>you on the other hand have to memorize commands and manually type them over and over again. how is THAT convenient?
Because I can remember my own phone number.

the vast majority of people prefer not autistically memorizing commands and their parameters. deal with it.

look at the browser extensions op used to use. do you REALLY believe that recommending him a cli program is the sane thing to do when a fully functional gui for said program already exists? get your head out of your ass.

Attached: 390 - arch book comic confusing debian fedora hipster linux mad manual misconception retard ubuntu w (648x4377, 951K)

Jdownloader works fine

>the vast majority of people prefer not autistically memorizing commands and their parameters
Okay? Most do a lot of stupid things that I don't care about.
>do you REALLY believe that recommending him a cli program is the sane thing to do when a fully functional gui for said program already exists?
Yes. If he can't memorize a few words then he shouldn't be here.

>wanting to help the lowest common denominator

>Yes. If he can't memorize a few words then he shouldn't be here.
that's what i thought. another 1337 elitist cli user living in his bubble.

Anyone who can't use a simple command line program doesn't belong on Jow Forums.

>the current state of Jow Forums

Why is it elitist to expect someone to remember a few phrases? Is it also elitist to teach children to speak?

then you shouldn't even have replied to this thread in the first place, because anyone who can use a cli can type 'hurr download youtube' in their preferred search engine.

if you're going to spoonfeed a child you might as well do it right.

Jdownloader2

Attached: Screenshot_201810291819582.png (1077x1345, 836K)

>if you can't do what i can, you should not be on muh website
>why is this elitist????

Videoder down too

>mp4
Enjoy your shitty re-encode

When "what I can" is remember phrases and type them, then I don't think it is elitist.

Because you're being really fucking dense and oblivious to the fact that a GUI really is less of a pain in the ass. I use Debian and Windows about the same. It can be a pain in the ass even typing those few keystrokes that you'll usually have to type again more often than not when something comes up

op, if you're still here just use mrs0m30n3.github.io/youtube-dl-gui/

Anything for android? I need my Audiobooks

There's no karma points to be had here faggot

"4K VIDEO DOWNLOADER" standalone program aint failed me once...
almost 2 good 2 be tru ....
little suspicious ....

newpipe can do it, but i don't know if there's some better dedicated software.

I'm not sure why Jow Forums loves to argue so much. When given the option between gui or cli everyone has their personal preferences. Youtube-dl (cli) is a tried and true method of downloading videos on the internet. And there have been a few people who have taken the CLI program and added a front-end.

Personally, I have no issues using CLI for youtube-dl (and mpv). But if I want to stream or download a vid, I have keybinds set up. All I have to do is highlight the URL then hit my default keybind and I get what I want with default settings.

Anywho, the cli commands for this program aren't confusing or difficult or time consuming. And there is nothing wrong with recommending youtube-dl to a windows babby. And if you have a good GUI recommendation there is nothing wrong with that. The only issue is the GUI vs CLI nonsense. Please, everyone in this thread, un-clinch.

P.S. Again I use youtube-dl and mpv (cli) but last summer I got bored. So I started messing around with Qt on python and made my own shitty frontend for youtube-dl/mpv. Fite me.

Attached: gui.png (430x468, 35K)

i have never once downloaded a youtube video

do you live in a desert without wifi

>i have never once downloaded a youtube video
when you watch a youtube video you are downloading it.

>actually.avi.exe

Just of the top of my head
>videos can be removed
>might want to watch something multiple times and don't want to rely on internet

>can teach OP how to find a way around the issue
>but if I do YouTube will catch on to the method and block that too

It works just fine you niggermonkey. Trash those garbage and use youtube-dl

LOL

Attached: rekt kid.jpg (160x160, 13K)

youtube videos get taken down or removed without warning, saving a local copy is worth it for some videos.

>CLI is scary

Attached: 1540730942085.png (644x800, 14K)

My internet is shit. So usually it is less frustrating to download the video first. Then watch it.

>It can be a pain in the ass even typing those few keystrokes
Learn to type properly.

Wow prompt and effective, truly you are a model user.

The GUI version doesn't, as I've recently found. You've gotta go into the options and tick all the various HD formats.

>Enjoy your shitty re-encode
it just might be using ffmpeg to mux losslessly into mp4 container hmm

>GUI's
Lmao, where do you think you are?

Attached: 100_sweetie.png (680x680, 430K)

>Now they only work for some videos, and some not
hadn't noticed that. Though I also use youtube-dl if I'm going to be grabbing an entire playlist.

yeah the command I use for 720p is: youtube-dl -f 136+140 playlist url

>if you dont have ffmpeg
reminder - if on windows

ffmpeg .org
> unzip
ytdl .org

\ffmpeg\bin\ytdl .exe

start cmd .exe
cd to \ffmpeg\bin\
use ytdl .exe

you can also have desktop shortcuts to do this for you

>formats?
-F
>audio only?
guess
>change the quality?
-f
>batch
-a
>update the youtube-dl binary
-U
>and ffmpeg?
. . .

what do you think yt distributes?

>pain in the ass even typing those few keystrokes
debian everybody

bindsym $mod+whatever exec mpv -- (sselp) # or (xsel -b)

duckduckgo.com/lite/?q=youtube-dl.exe batch

@echo off
set /P "audio=Enter audio URL here: "
cls
youtube-dl.exe -cfbestaudio
exit /B

basically

>clicking a labeled button will always be more convenient
Perhaps if you look at a single command vs. single button press. However you can easily automate the usage of thousand commands in a script, while clicking thousand times on a GUI is rather tedious.
There's also the problem that many GUIs for command line tools only offer you access to the most important options. Can't say if that's true for youtube-dlg though.

It'll adjust the format selection to only choose mp4 compatible streams.

Why not just add it to your PATH to use it from any location?

They also got my mobile carrier so phoneposting while not on wifi is impossible in NZ as well as parts of Aus

Just use chocolatey.
choco install youtube-dl ffmpeg

>Why not just add it to your PATH to use it from any location?
idk windoes things
but a bat or a desktop shortcut seems comfy

>fa/g/gots getting mad at GUIs: the thread

Stay linCoC'd my dudes

Attached: 1515978143002.png (500x500, 294K)

I'd always use -f bestaudio+bestvideo (I think that was it) because otherwise it might download a worse quality due to the way YouTube stores videos. You need ffmpeg for that tho

-f "bestaudio+bestvideo/best" is the default for quite some time now.

youtube-dl used to default to "best" (on youtube this means up to 720p30), but now it's "bestvideo+bestaudio/best"

mp4 is just a container.
You can copy video and audio streams into mp4, mkv. doesn't have to re-encode.
Armature.

smart phoneposter

>try to get webm from youtube-dl
>it refuses and gives you silent webm's instead
>only way to get audio is mp4
Fuck this gay shit.

works for me

Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'Micro Men - 720p (2009)-XXBxV6-zamM.webm':
Metadata:
ENCODER : Google
Duration: 01:24:12.36, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 607 kb/s
Stream #0:0: Video: vp8, yuv420p(tv, bt709, progressive), 640x360, SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 1k tbn, 1k tbc (default)
Metadata:
DURATION : 01:24:12.320000000
Stream #0:1: Audio: vorbis, 44100 Hz, stereo, fltp (default)
Metadata:
DURATION : 01:24:12.359000000

Webm only supports Vorbis/Opus audio. If the highest quality audio comes as AAC, then you can't just copy it into a webm.

you can use mkv instead, it supports aac audio
or just enforce opus/vorbis if you want only free formats

>download video only
>"what the fuck where muh audio"

>>only way to get audio is mp4
Wrong, see Audio only is webm. Install ffmpeg and it will automatically mux audio and video together. Youtube streams the highest quality audio and video seperately to save bandwidth. Instead of encoding each video with audio they leave it seperate to use on a variety of resolutions.

CLIfags are just a bunch of tryhards, don't waste your time with them.

So does the GUI give you all these options?

pastebin.com/raw/LkDDm3fM

You can always use the command line if you need any of these, they are not mutually exclusive you know.

So now CLI isn't bad? Interesting.

Never said it was bad, retard. But if there's a GUI available and does the job well and fast, why not use it instead of pretending to be a haxxor typing all that shit?

Sure thing, kid.

You will understand when you grow up.

CLI is faster for me though...

jfc just copy ffmpeg to somewhere in your %PATH%

Really? Can you record doing this but faster?

I think its called playlist downloader on the Microsoft store, it works anyway

VIDEODER IS KILL

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-31-13-01-50-346_de.tutao.tutanota~01.png (1080x1403, 233K)

Videoder has been my go-to YouTube downloader on Android for years. Overnight without explanation it has been nuked. It was definitely the best at the time, but perhaps there is better now. I tried NewPipe last night but it won't download 1080p videos with audio.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-30-21-34-22-199_com.rahul.videoderbeta.png (1080x2160, 274K)

If the thread is still up when I get home in 9 hours

not him, but the funny thing is that i often use youtube-dl through 'open with' on palemoon, meaning i can literally just right click and click download on youtube pages or links. it's even less involved than a dedicated youtube-dl gui

who?

The main developer. [email protected]