IPhones are allergic to helium -

iPhones are allergic to helium - ifixit.org/blog/11986/iphones-are-allergic-to-helium/

Attached: MeunHawo54qPRY5S.jpg (800x600, 202K)

Before reading article, looks like an accelerometer or other mems device.

After reading: wow, weird. I wonder why this hasn't been an issue with people overclocking using liquid helium. That is something that exists, right? Or is it just o2 and n2?

>So what else could it be? Well, at the heart of every electronic device is a clock. Traditionally, these are quartz oscillators, crystals that vibrate at a specific predictable frequency—generally 32 kHz. When they were first invented, they enabled the first digital ‘quartz’ watches. Now, these frequency generators are at the heart of every electronic device.

>Without a clock, the system stands still. The CPU flat out doesn’t work. The clock is literally the heartbeat of a modern device.

Journalism is so retarded, it's like when the news said that Kek came from "kekistan".

>“I discovered that the helium leakage occurred while the new magnet was being ramped [down to cool it]. Approximately 120 liters of liquid [helium] were vented over the course of 5 hours. There was a vent in place that was functioning, but there must have been a leak.“
Based apple alerting to gas leaks.
This is obviously a feature.
Angroids BTFO

Attached: 3803D3BB-2913-4545-9470-6D270CE916E1.png (470x495, 21K)

>Journalism is so retarded, it's like when the news said that Kek came from "kekistan".
You almost fooled me, until I remembered Korea exists.

Neat article overall

What do you mean by that

It's a gyro, not much different from an accelerator in the base concept.

Kekekeke zerg rush faggot

Because you don't cool down everything. Only the CPU and while it's running.

kek originated from world of warcraft. when opposing faction players would speak in local chat their chat would be skewed. playing as an alliance player if you saw a horde player type 'lol' in local chat the alliance player would see 'kek' in their chat bar.

Yes, but the article describes one leak in a large building. Liquid helium cooling would certainly get to other chips. After I kept reading, I realized it's just because Apple started using a weird kind of osc.

Yes. Where does Korea come into the picture?

So you know that, good, let's break it down.
So "kekeke" zerg rush, it's from Starcraft, Korean players being good at RTS and specially Starcraft would say "kekeke" while fucking you literary up in the game, "kekeke" for them being "hahaha".
When Blizzard was working on World of Warcraft, they implemented a language barrier between the two factions, but since they were aware of their own game, Starcraft and the "kekeke" meme, they did it so that "lol" would be "kek" to the other faction.

Attached: ....jpg (1280x720, 47K)

I see. I knew about the WoW origin story, but not the other one. Thanks

these mems images are pretty neat

Attached: MeunHawo54qPRY5S.jpg (1290x968, 484K)

Attached: RUQLo2PP1oqVtVsD.jpg (1290x968, 504K)

Themoreyouknow.jpg

>journalism
>ifixit blog

Pick one

kek

Attached: whatiskek.jpg (584x160, 96K)

Attached: E5Ve5NM6DaSvLgXm.jpg (1290x968, 519K)

Attached: E5faUYGhHkIOPngN.jpg (800x600, 135K)

Pls include descriptions of what they are/do

Attached: AOFFOoVkpbuQLBZB.jpg (1289x967, 344K)

Attached: fV2nKrRXEy4Nuq1j.jpg (1289x967, 224K)

Attached: IMG_20181031_085334.jpg (1289x967, 263K)

Ouch.

Attached: 1540972449318.jpg (475x88, 14K)

Now THAT's what I call a micropenis.

This is neat. So if you wanted to shut down an Apple store, fill up a lot of balloons and get popping when you bring them in.

this is some alien technology shit

It's the thing that tells your phone what sexual orientation you are

Liquid helium is a controlled resource watched over by the BLM, large semi manufacturers buy fuck loads at a time because the BLM will contract the supply at the slightest national security concern.
It is ridiculously prohibitively expensive to be pouring on CPUs for muh clock speeds