Is there a better laptop keyboard layout?

Is there a better laptop keyboard layout?

Attached: nice layout.png (1039x331, 402K)

there is noting better than colemak-dh

>numpad
>ansi

Attached: st.jpg (1031x876, 145K)

Attached: wew lad.jpg (559x278, 60K)

Close, but no cigar. The Delete key should not be double height and the Insert key should be above a normal-sized Delete key. Likewise, the Escape key should be a normal-sized key.

Sigh. Leave it to the Chinese to always fuck things up. If they really wanted to make keys a bit taller, they could have made the arrow keys normal-sized keys. The Back and Forward keys to the left and right of the Up arrow key could also be eliminated as most browsers support the Ctrl-Left and Ctrl-Right accelerator key combinations. It's irritating as all hell to accidentally press the Back or Forward keys instead of the Up arrow.

>protruding arrow keys
>arrow keys not full sized

Any without numpad.

>non-ortholinear

yeah, no

>numpad

Attached: 1486573953441.png (309x250, 136K)

They definitely shouldn't be normal-size. Having used that keyboard I can tell it's perfect like that. You can search for keys by feeling them instead of having everything identical and same size. Arrows are easy to find since they are lower than the lowest row, pgup/pgdown is in the upper corner, delete and esc are larger than the keys next to them. It's not for aesthetics, it's more practical for people who don't want to stare at the keyboard. The OP picture keyboard would be a horrible trainwreck in real use.

tpbp

Azerty

> ANSI return

good troll

>wanting a fucking massive return key

Le baguette in anus.

Ortholinear is a fucking meme. Also this is about laptop keyboards.

Going to have to switch fn and ctrl in bios.

more importantly switch escape and caps lock

Did the 7-row have the FnLock capability that the newer models have. I just lock the function key and when I need the media keys unlock it.

Keep escape. switch Caps Lock to Ctrl and bind jj or jk or some shit to escape for vim.

>Keep escape. switch Caps Lock to Ctrl and bind jj or jk or some shit to escape for vim.

Just use `c-[` for escape like a real unix hacker.

Also, `c-h` instead of backspace

Never knew about Ctrl-[. Thanks user.