Learning cpp

what are some comfy websites to learn c++ as a person who already know how to program in c is cplusplus.com a good choice?

Attached: 1200px-ISO_C++_Logo.svg.png (1200x1349, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /I_did_it_for_you_all
old.reddit.com/r/carlhprogramming/
youtube.com/watch?v=D7Sd8A6_fYU
tex.loria.fr/litte/knuth-interview
lwn.net/Articles/249460/
stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
drdobbs.com/open-source/interview-with-ken-thompson/229502480
gigamonkeys.wordpress.com/2009/10/16/coders-c-plus-plus/
books.google.com/books?id=nneBa6-mWfgC&pg=PA475#v=onepage&q&f=false
drdobbs.com/architecture-and-design/an-interview-with-donald-knuth/228700500
llvm.org/docs/CodingStandards.html#include-iostream-is-forbidden
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /I_did_it_for_you_all

Just get a used version of an old college textbook on Amazon.

just keep using c
c++ is just c for homosexuals

There was a guy on reddit who had really good c++ tutorials, but then he went to jail for raping his son, so the tutorial series is not finished unfortunately.

Literally YouTube, cpp.com, stack overflow and knowledge in data structures

c++ programmers in a nutshell

learncpp.com is the best website out there.

no its c with classes, large templates library and better memory management.

Everything in C works in C++
Why learn a language if you don't have a reason to?
What do you want to do? Classes? Polymorphism? Shared pointers?

>why dig a hole with a shovel you have a spoon

sounds a whole lot like "i'm a slutty dumb faggot who is too busy thinking about dicks to write a decent program without a bunch of stuff helping me"

oh god, pls gib source on this

Attached: 1540722763054.png (543x525, 239K)

sounds like we have a real fizzbuzz pro in this thread

old.reddit.com/r/carlhprogramming/

the funniest thing are the redditors who went through his post history and downvoted his shit after they found out about this.

cp.org

wanna know how I know you've never had a job?

>he is so much of a fucking brainlet that he only knows one (1) language the one that he's shitty university taught him and is so fucking incompetent that cant learn another language by himself and copes by religiously defending a 50 years old language that is only alive because a lot of legacy shit depends on it

Attached: 1534865666344.png (1200x1400, 502K)

is cat -v considered harmful?

did i ever say i only know one language? no. c is a great language but it isnt right for everything
but c++ has all of the downsides of c with even more downsides on top of that and very few upsides that are only useful in settings where what you are working on is so insignificant it doesnt matter what language you use
c++ is just c for homosexuals and you are always better off either using c or using a completely different language entirely
hey its okay you may be shitty programmers but at least they legalized gay marriage for you

learn go instead

Attached: go.jpg (300x441, 17K)

buttblasted faggot

learncpp.com

you fucking retard

Attached: lrg[1].jpg (500x656, 71K)

>but c++ has all of the downsides of c with even more downsides on top of that
would you mind naming some?

bloated libraries, lower portability, more complicated and system-taxing compilers, compatibility issues between revisions and too many revisions in general
most of those can be prevented if you just write your code as if it were c, but at that point just use c

if used correctly c++ is both safer and faster than c

youtube.com/watch?v=D7Sd8A6_fYU

>bloated libraries
in what way?
>more complicated and system-taxing compilers
this is just laughable
>compatibility issues between revisions and too many revisions in general
i guess the solution to this is to use a legacy language?

There is a reason that C++ programmers try and shoot down all new languages, because there is nothing about C++ that translates to normal programming. You can never really learn C++ because a language built on templates can never be learned but is more akin to a plate spinning circus act. Common features in C++ like strings and vectors have to be implemented in templates because the core language has to maintain compatibility with C. C++ programmers will shy away from the word templates and try and get people to use the word generics to give the idea that C++ is a metaprogramming language. What they won't tell you is that the purpose of meta programming is to make DSL's. Even a language like Lisp which is specifically designed for metaprogramming requires a bottom up style of programming that starts from primitives and grows up into its use case. You never hear Lisp programmings brag about using packages or libraries because pulling in someone elses metaprogramming structures goes against bottom up programming. Lisp programmers will also tell you overuse of macros is a recipe for disaster. C++ programmers on the other hand brag at how much libraries they use, in fact they have to use a hermetically sealed ecosystem of libraries because introducing external libraries into C++ quickly turns into a plumbing nightmare. There are a lot of C++ programmers on Jow Forums, mostly over 40 who have wasted their entire career on C++ and are useless for anything else. They throw words around like 'expressiveness' to give the illusion that C++ somehow provides extra capability over other languages when its really more of a case of the emperors new clothes.

>c++ has bloated libraries
NIGGA WHAT.all the good c++ libraries are templates.literally only the stuff gets compiled into your binary that you use, while in c because there are no templates all the constants and functions get compiled into your binary to waste memory even if you dont use them.stop embarassing yourself grandpa c++ is faster safer and more efficient.its just takes a non-brainlet to use it.

>in what way?
they tend to be large, provide far more functions than you ever intend to use, and increase the workload for anybody tasked with auditing your project
>this is just laughable
it isn't for the guy who wishes to use your code but can't because nobody could be bothered to write a compiler for his platform because its such a pain in the ass
>i guess the solution to this is to use a legacy language?
technology advances, but when you find yourself revising your language every 5 years or so you probably have a shitty language on your hands

ultimately my issue is that c++ is trying to be both "c" and "not c" and in the process it is worse at both
it is worse at being c than c is and it is worse at being not c than other languages are
its sort of like a hybrid vehicle. in the process of creating it and trying to have the best of both worlds you end up with a machine that is less efficient in both while also adding extra system complexity that also requires more maintenance than both
use an electric vehicle or use internal combustion. trying and failing to have the best of both does neither you or anybody else any favors

and just like how hybrids are cars for homosexuals, c++ is the language for homosexuals

geez user,its a really long way to say im a faggot

this
also, these:
tex.loria.fr/litte/knuth-interview
lwn.net/Articles/249460/
stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
drdobbs.com/open-source/interview-with-ken-thompson/229502480
gigamonkeys.wordpress.com/2009/10/16/coders-c-plus-plus/
books.google.com/books?id=nneBa6-mWfgC&pg=PA475#v=onepage&q&f=false
drdobbs.com/architecture-and-design/an-interview-with-donald-knuth/228700500
llvm.org/docs/CodingStandards.html#include-iostream-is-forbidden

If I want a shovel, I use C. If I want an excavator made out of glass with chainsaws, flamethrowers, and nuclear weaponry hanging off the sides, with 20,000 buttons in the cabin and a 20,000-page manual to go with them, then I use C++.