Fedora 29

Not sure I'm a fan of this new default wallpaper though.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-31 14-45-20.png (3840x2160, 295K)

Kek, is that real?

No.

Is worth to install Fedora in a minimal way (with no DE, only openbox and no shit) or should I pick another distro to fully release my autism?

if you're a neet do the autist minimal

Attached: laptop in pizza package 288c889d.jpg (798x567, 64K)

Yes, as long as you don't add the non-free repos.

GET KEKED

install gentoo

>3.30
So is gnome actually usable now? What's the idle memory usage, and how much will it bloat up to after a day?

Of course I'd install the non free repos.

Gentoo (systemd) is what I have right now, but I'm sick to see bug (and fixes!) sitting in the bugtracker for months and fix/merge them by myself.
I rather not switch to Arch because of /reddit/, so Fedora looks like a decent option.

KDE isnt the worst now, feels really damn good honestly.

>systemd
theres your problem

Still waiting for CentOS 8. It's the only distro I'm willing to use nowadays. All the rest is beta-tier garbage.

Nobody ever got fired for buying an IBM

Prove me wrong
>protip: you can't

Attached: 1535758853717.jpg (346x510, 31K)

>this is the best distro I have ever used and I've used three distros

I've been a long time fedora user and gave the minimal workstation netinst a go last year since I only use i3, it went somewhat well but the netinst isn't that well documented (it's not really documented at all in fact) and I recall having a lot of issues with config files just not being there and other odd problems, maybe I was doing something wrong but I ended up with a lot of issues every now and then and while they were fixable it wasn't the 'just werks' experience I was hoping for
as far as minimal install experiences I've had before I've tried gentoo/arch previously which had about the same amount of issues, which were far easier to solve since they're documented on the wiki, but I've not tried anything like debian netinst and it has been years since I tried something like slackware, so the issues I had with fedora's netinst might just be par for the course with minimal systems but they could also be problems on my end
all I do now is install a light weight spin (xfce/lxqt/whatever) the install i3wm and whatever else I need

he said, posting using firefox 3.5

is the installer still fucked user? the beta release didn't encrypt my root partition when I selected it

That would be pretty aesthetic tho.

>Plebbit: The Post

To be fair I think the expectation of the minimal user is to be proficient in using and configuring systemd as this is the main "doesn't work out of the box" barrier to most of what you will try to do on a minimal package group install that can't be solved in a simple way

I accept your defeat.

>t. zoomer

>not using IBM Plex
0/10 post.

Yes.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-01 14-42-40.png (1600x900, 183K)

this

I wish for RHEL/Centos 8 too because maintaining packages for shit as old as 7 is a PITA.

>I won't switch to a distro because of its community
this is really dumb, you don't have to interact with any other arch users

You don't have to interact with them. Every time someone will randomly find out you use arch, or even only when you'll think about it by yourself, you/they will think about those over-emphasized memes dragged for longer and longer, post after post. Jesus fucking Christ, it's so nauseating that I rather use Windows.
No. Fuck archlinux and fuck its /reddit/-tier user base. That distro is doomed and you should be ashamed of yourself for using it.

>people being dumb on the Internet impacts my choice in operating systems
NPC detected

>implies he understands the NPC MAYMAY
god you are fucking retarded, please neck yourself

Fight for your ideals user. Don't join the crowd, there's still hope for you. Uninstall archlinux

GNOME is somewhat bearable on F29. They finally fixed the crazy RAM consumption and a few graphical bugs.

is it safe to upgrade yet
every time i upgrade near to release something breaks

Did it on mine with no problems.

anyone on an optimus laptop? How do I make it so that it can run when only the dedicated novidia card is turned on?
Tried installing the drivers in several ways (official releases, negativo repos) yet i'll boot up to a blank blinking cursor screen everytime I switch to use only the dGPU in BIOS