THANK YOU BASED 512GB MICRO SDXC

lexar.com/lexar-announces-the-worlds-largest-a2-microsd-card/

lexar.com/portfolio_page/high-performance-633x-microsdhcmicrosdxc-uhs-i-cards/

THANK YOU BASED 512GB MICRO SDXC

Attached: 600x450_microSD_633x_512G-1.png (600x450, 15K)

>No shark yet.

No thanks.

Samshit just released their 512GB card too.

>trusting more than 32GB storage to some chinkshit
The only place I'd use a shark is on my dashcam.
Now time for this post to get tons of hate from gearbest shills.

>the only place I'd trust a shady chink sd card is in the one place that it could end up as defensive legal evidence
Good idea genius

>up to 100MB/s read, 70MB/s write
Hahahahaha. No, thanks.

Now my entire anime music library will fit on my phone

>takes over 24 hours to write that much data to it
>takes several hours just to read all the data off
Worthless, honestly. Better to just have multiple smaller cards.

Name 1 use case where this would happen.

How did I not realise earlier? I don't need my 256gb card and neither will I ever buy 512gb. I'll just carry around a bag of 32gb cards.

No need to thank me.

Any situation where you're going to be moving large amounts of data around. Bandwidth is a huge bottleneck on these overly large storage devices.

>Any situation where...
>implying the device is unusable in this state
Can't you do something else while that is happening?

Don't worry, they're just retards trying to justify their Mixza collections.

kek you hit the nail on the head

>chinkshit
Enjoy your data loss, faggot.

>2 different ratings at the same time
What.
How the fuck a card can be Class 10 andd UHS 3 at the same time?

>Chinkshit
Ah that explains it.

>My .flac collection of autistic music and lolita drawings are more important than a video that could literally save me from going to jail.

Weew lad.

Lexar brand is the only SD card brand I have ever had go bad

Toshiba M303 / M203 mustard race

Its random, all SDs cards can go bad, what changes between brands its how fast they go bad.

Fake news
>takes over 24 hours to write that much data to it
>takes several hours just to read all the data off
yea, if this would be a tape
we have random read and write speeds for a reason
>Better to just have multiple smaller cards.
"better if we just have multiple 1gb hdds instead of a single 15tb"
-user's LOGIC
u failed ever since u bought microsd with 8gb on it rather than thousands of 1mb cards
>all SDs cards can go bad, what changes between brands its how fast they go bad.
true

10 if you're going to use an older reader
U3 if you have a reader that can read the extra pins

Attached: U3.png (505x246, 18K)

We're at the limits of practicality when it comes to SD Cards and their R/W performance. At this point you should be asking if shoving that much digital space into that little physical space is reasonable given the huge deficits in the performance of actually using the data. In what situation will you find yourself in where you need that much data in a space as small as a fingernail? Only thing I can think of is silly niche stuff like a flac collection in your phone. Cameras that actually need the space would use better storage options like CF. If all you're doing is storing data, you might as well just get an m.2 SATA SSD and a corresponding enclosure.

Ah good to know.

Let's just hope that this guy apologizes.

There are many use cases where you don't need raw performance. These storage devices wouldn't exist if there wasn't a desire for more convenience.
Large photos and videos can be written first to a fast primary storage and then sent to slower cold storage. Music collections can be amassed over time. Extra application content could live on slower storage if poor performance wasn't detrimental to user experience. There is a similar argument for any other computer storage. I have clients that supplement their main storage in laptops with large micro sd cards...

Why not put everything on the network?
>Slow networks, bandwidth caps, and recurring storage costs.
Why not have both an SSD and HDD in a computer at the same time?
>Maybe there is no space for both in a form factor, the design calls for no moving parts, the owner has an unlimited budget, etc.

>How the fuck a card can be Class 10 andd UHS 3 at the same time?
The "Class" system only goes up to 10 anyway.
"Class" only guarantees read and write speeds of the numerical number, so you can have "Class 10" cards that read and write at 90MB/s without being called "Class 90", but instead they'll have things like U3 or A1 or V60 or all four together because the classing system of SD cards is stupid as fuck.