Soooooooooo

What do you think is gonna happen to the periodic table when we meet another life form planet.We just gonna trade elements like Pokemon cards? Or we just fit it together like a puzzle

Attached: 1513540804220s.jpg (250x167, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3YxaaGgTQYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Total war. Xenos BTFO. Humans take all.

Nice thumbnail, OP.

I wish I was in a coma

same

We will just make another one.

youtu.be/3YxaaGgTQYM

actually

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

>the IQ of the typical CSlet

>physics is totally different a few light years away
KYS faggot.

Isn't it possible that their solar system will be composed of different quantities of elements that might be rare here

the absolute state of Jow Forums

From an overall mass standpoint, probably not - lower numbered elements tend to be the most common overall because they are the most common for natural processes to create, and as you get heavier elements there tends to be fewer natural processes that create them. With that said, they might have rich deposits of elements or composites that are rarer here just because their planet happens to have or have had the right conditions to make them.

Possible, but tell me how the commonality of Carbon changes the number of protons in Carbon, or how it forms bonds, etc, for example.

Elements and the laws that govern them are the same everywhere. If we change our periodic table after communicating with aliens, it will be because they have a better way of representing that data, not that the data itself is wildly incorrect or completely different somehow.

It wouldn't change much in the sense that there would be new, life changing elements or even non-carbon based life forms, physics, as far as we know, is pretty much the same everywhere, we know quite a lot of the limits. I'd agree with , maybe we could trade resources that are more scarce in one and more plenty in another place. Or fight over them, possibly. But not so much more would happen, I imagine.

Also it would be absolutely amazing, I'm excited for alien life forms ever since I remember.

Sometimes I wonder if it isn't all a dream and I try really hard to wake up. But nothing happens.

Attached: 1672319637896.jpg (1024x749, 106K)

Imagine waking up and you're still 10 years old. Fuck it would be such a relief.

>Trade
>With aliens
Nigga wat? Assuming we find a Trek forehead alien (unlikely but possible, given the number of stars), manage to communicate with them, we still can't 'trade' on account of it will take hundreds to thousands of years for spacefedex to transport it. All this hogwash about finding ET is useless distraction. Humanity will die off one day without ever finding sentient alien life. Microbes maybe but not hot green skinned orion slave girls.

That's not how elements work. Every element has the same subatomic particles, just in different quantities. We can create an exhaustive list of all possible elements in the universe easily. You can't make an element with less protons, neutrons, and electrons than hydrogen, and if you try making one heavier than Flubbertanium it decays too rapidly.

Yeah i think if they have a way of messing with matter that we don't, they might create other elements easily that we can't (not that we don't theoretically know of them, we probably do).

As says, it's just the representation that will change. Maybe we add a third dimension for neutron count. Maybe spin of some composie particle or what kind of quarks are in there turns out to matter very much, so we standardize color coding.