If you do this then fuck you

If you do this then fuck you

Attached: yuck.png (374x94, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/codeconventions-141270.html#18761
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>mfw job made it impossible to push anything with that abomination

Attached: E5F72828-3107-491D-B7A3-873156E558D6.jpg (709x550, 109K)

that's literally Java's coding style. If you don't do that you are going against the grain and leave fool for confusion.

Not really

The only issue in that picture is that you mixed two brace styles.

i always just keep each function on one line so i have fewer lines of code

I do that everywhere, why should i waste a precious line just so retards don't get confused? Also, put the closing on the last line too for good measure.

>you do
gofmt does this FOR me pleb

public static void main(String[] args)
{

}

This is confusing?

BASED

I tech my students to place { (begin in Pascal) before line break so no asshole can place ; before it after ton of spaces behind the screen surface.

Attached: P_20181025_123732_2.jpg (1160x655, 60K)

This is confusing to you?
void main(void){
printf("You're a dumb ass faggot.");
exit 0;
}

based and redpilled

Confusing? No. Ugly? Yes.

I just do
int main()
{
while (1) {
std::cout

Just to be clear we're talking about the lack of a space right?

>Function
Hahahahahahahahahaha

A rose by any other name still smells as sweet.

Allman/BSD is clearer than K&R/Linux, there is no good reason to put a brace on the same line as a function/class declaration other than its more compact. Compact is not readable, it causes more errors, its shouldn't be allowed

I wish the Go formatter would start allowing Allman formatting, it ruins the look of an otherwise very readable language

// oh man look the entire line just for 1 brace i surely write clearer code haha!! :)
// let's add more newlines, so i can see even less on my screen

int main()
{
return -999;
}

// it's almost like you can tell where it starts if your code is fucking indented, fucking brainlet
int main() {
return 0;
}

// the definition is also attached to the code block so you don't need to skip over the fucking useless 1 character newline that indicates fucking NOTHING as i already see a definition is beginning there

real smart, OP, mhm!

Attached: point.jpg (601x625, 44K)

A little known fact is that even python has optional digraph braces:
def isFaggot(x):
#{
if x == "OP":
#{
return True
#}
else:
#{
return False
#}
#}

that's not as good as this

Attached: java but python.png (597x255, 66K)

based

this is actually sugoi

Attached: 1538433329681.png (250x250, 96K)

>look at me, I squashed the code inside the braces up against the declaration, I saved one empty line!!! who cares if someone has to read this, mommy gives me goodbye points for squashing code together like a real grey beard hacker

>"squashed"
>so retarded that he can't read lines that aren't literally double spaced

this is why you failed school user

>easy to read
>only way it's readable
Same thing. Right?

youre so *smart*, I get it, you're one of those C 'experts' who maintains job security by writing code like:
int i;main(){for(i=0;i["]

doesn't compile
You'll be hearing from us by email, thanks for your time

I knew some pandandic asshole had to say something about that, here's the original code, I pulled out repeating stuff so its looks like actual production code used by ((((experts))))
int i;main(){for(i=0;i["]

reading code with excessive spacing is annoying because you need to do more scrolling to see what everything does

if you really wanted it to be leet as fuck you would put it on one line, brainlet

that's the excuse all C and Perl programmers give for making "write only code"

i mean, that user is kind of right. That's the style used throughout the entire java standard library. Who really gives a fuck though, if you aren't doing something consciously retarded e.g. then you're fine.
Personally, I prefer K&R style with an empty line immediately after any return statement. It makes it easier (at least for me) to follow the logical flow of the program, and it's easier to identify where any specific output may have come from. But, most of my coworkers don't do it how I do it. I think some of them change my code to make it look they way they like it, but it doesn't really make a difference

nice bait, it's easy to tell when you know you're in the wrong when you put something like that has no relation to what i said. stay mad, user, and keep double spacing your code. i'm sure it makes you feel like you did more work :)

Attached: XD.png (112x112, 18K)

#include

int
main
(
int
argc
const
char
argv
)
{
printf
(
"H"
"e"
"l"
"l"
"o"
","
" "
"W"
"o"
"r"
"l"
"d"
"\n"
)
;

return
;
}

Why not take your "bracket on separate line" bullshit to its logical conclusion?

Attached: fuck your shit.jpg (754x593, 129K)

not double spacing brackets doesnt make code harder to read

easily readable

This.

one level conditionals with one statement don't require braces, they actually clutter

GNU style rubs me the wrong way.

Tbh as long as your writing good modular code it shouldn't matter. This only becomes an issue with novice programmers since they do everything in a callback or a loop inside a loop. This doesn't really matter if you write good code.

You'd drive your point home even more if you didn't use ANSI-style declarations.

If you think BSD style code is hard to read I have bad news for you.

Mixed can be good.
See Linux coding style

>one level conditionals with one statement don't require braces, they actually clutter
found the neet

this. K&R is the only realy coding style

Attached: me-new.jpg (633x640, 47K)

/thread

By your own logic you shouldn't put the closing brace on its own line

oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/codeconventions-141270.html#18761

>not using python and FORCED INDENTATION OF THE CODE
>current year

function
member function
method
It's all the same, in general only the scope change.
In java, nothing change.

Kek'd

This. And the outer one is literally retarded

> put the closing on the last line too for good measure.

I actually never encountered this. And I am glad.

as long as you don't do } else { I don't care about your coding style

>not using Go and AUTOMATIC INDENTATION OF THE CODE
>current year
I'd fire you if I was your boss.

no u

wtf is that colour scheme, why is it lit up like a Christmas tree?

but why
what's wrong with } else {

Too cramped.

>Allman/BSD is clearer than K&R/Linux, there is no good reason to put a brace on the same line as a function/class declaration other than its more compact
According to the Linux style-guide, you're not supposed to put the brace on the same line when you're declaring a new function, only for other blocks of code such as if-else and loops.

>} { After tons of whitespace
Get rekt