Cyber

cyber security thread

last day to apply to summer internships at the NSA, so get them inm

Attached: hacker.jpg (796x532, 148K)

>cyber
>security
Pick one.

-Posted from a typewriter; packets delivered by carrier pigeon

If you have already posted here, then you don't have a chance.

you'd be surprised

How do I get nsa job in canada

CSIS

Are you sure csis and not cse?

The impression I got was that csis had to be all SJW and shit to get hired

don't know, don't care. i just googled canada intelligence service. if so, go with that. whichever one has more cyber goodness. there will be overlap, but one should dominant

i would be pretty depressed working 10-12 weeks during the summer unpaid

what shitty place did you intern at that didn't pay you?

the NSA summer internship for high school mentions nothing about pay

not sure about the college one though

yeah, for high school. even then, it'd be worth it for the line on the resume. a lot more than the couple thousand you'd make working as a lifeguard or flipping burgers

yea you're right, i already missed the deadline though. I'll be looking forward to apply for the internship for science and tech when im a freshman/sophomore

they even accommodate you housing if your college is 75+ miles away from their HQ. Sounds like a great gig

gives you time to not do drugs for a year or whatever it is so you can pass the poly

lmao im not a degenerate retard

Implying I can't just catch your pigeons, read the packets, maybe embed my own, and then send the pigeon on its way.

wouldn't tcp still protect integrity and confidentiality

The college internships pay around a GS 6

a-user...

Worked myself through the "Practical Network Security Monitoring" from NoStarch Press. Any recommendations for further reccources?

ffs i meant tls

If any of you actually had the opportunity to work at the NSA (or GCHQ for britfags like myself), would you? I don't think I could do it. I'd hate myself too much, literally would had become one of the bad guys. It's like working at the CIA while caring about third wolrd countries.

Irongeek got fired from TrustedSec over his political stuff on twitter, so that might keep him from continuing to record all the hacker cons for his site :(

F

What are the chances for an immigrant from a NATO country joining the NSA?

seriously, why the hell would you work at the NSA?

>Irongeek got fired from TrustedSec over his political stuff on twitter
wait, what? can you post links?

What is the pension plan like? A bullet to prevent leaks? You never hear of retired NSA employees...

Fuck you hippie. This shit goes deeper than the two of us. While you'll be morally debating whether you're the trigger man or the man who sent the order, I'll be the one rigging the gun

Attached: 1539818378344.jpg (1080x1036, 93K)

He’s not on their site

>This shit goes deeper than the two of us
of course it does. you are just a useful fool for TPTB.

you never hear of NSA employees either, except top brass on TV and leakers who fled the country

These threads are usually full of retarded street shitters and the occasional student that pops in acting like he knows the difference between a hole in the ground and his asshole.

Does anyone on Jow Forums actually know how to break into or secure anything?

Pentester here. I doubt there’s many infosec people on Jow Forums though

>pentester
literally just as cringe as calling yourself a 'cyber' security expert. Anything other than Red Team/Blue Team is cheap slogans to entice literal manchildren.

But that aside, i honestly hated red teaming because of the stupid scope restrictions and the fact that most companies know their employee are half-baked brainlets, which is probably why SANS loves to push the SE angle in your face. Red Teaming is just for company execs to get their stupid checkbox marked off for compliance, and really has a minimal impact on the real world, other than maybe the occasonal state sponsered attack or actually working in espionage, but 75% of that now is just psyc warfare and cointel pro bullshit.

I personally prefer cryptoanalysis and RE.

>Talks shit about red team
>”brainlets”
>Superior math crypto genius
>Can’t spell “cryptanalysis”

You can do it if you believe it

>asshole status: pentested

it's called cyber ITT, buddy

RE is redteam. you don't need to reverse your own software