ITT we show how superior we are
Gentoolets get out

Attached: images.png (500x500, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

security.gentoo.org/glsa/201810-10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ARCH USER HERE TOO :)))))))))

ARCH > EVERYTHING ELSE

Attached: 1536682171085.jpg (640x401, 38K)

>Gentoolets get out
Archtards are Gentoolets though newfriend

guys interested in some smooth sailing?

Attached: solus.png (512x512, 32K)

dead distro

this kills the arch neckbeard

Attached: based.png (180x180, 16K)

ikey leaving makes it better

Gentoo > Debian > Arch > everything else
prove me wrong
protip: you can't

>the guy that literally made the distro leaving makes it better
Its no longer clear linux for desktop, it's now just another generic, unnecessary loonex fork

Gentoo > Funtoo > Arch + OpenRC > everything else
i like my distros without the systemd botnet

Arch+OpenRC is a hackjob and broken, and you know it is, user

the sailing will be even smoother

What about gentoo with openrc? Been using it for several months with no problems

Attached: 1540980533710.jpg (1280x869, 195K)

that is the best gentoo
what libc do you use

>void >>> everything else
ftfy

How to pronounce Arch? Arc or Artsch?

Only reason why I use arch is because of the AUR. If every other distribution had it then I would switch immediately

AUR is cancer. If you want something not in repositories build it yourself.

I'm a lazy shit okay!

>superior
>systemd cucks
pick one

for the average user there is literlly no difference between systemd and openrc

which is why they should use openrc

because it's awesome

>for the average user there is literlly no difference between systemd and openrc

A vulnerability in unit_deserialize of systemd allows an attacker to supply arbitrary state across systemd re-execution via NotifyAccess. This can be used to improperly influence systemd execution and possibly lead to root privilege escalation. Affected releases are systemd versions up to and including 239.

A race condition in chown_one() of systemd allows an attacker to cause systemd to set arbitrary permissions on arbitrary files. Affected releases are systemd versions up to and including 239.

A buffer overflow vulnerability in the dhcp6 client of systemd allows a malicious dhcp6 server to overwrite heap memory in systemd-networkd. Affected releases are systemd: versions up to and including 239.

security.gentoo.org/glsa/201810-10

Mmmhmm, no difference. Okay.

Systemd is a bloated cancer. Especially when compared to sane alternatives such as `runit` or `s6`

fuck off kevin
gentoo works with openrc because gentoo was built on openrc and has official openrc support. arch doesnt. arch was built off of systemd and only has official support for systemd.
gentoo > arch. you can install gentoo in the same exact amount of time if you keep a basic partition table, not update packages until after the install, and use 'genkernel all' - and you'll have a better outcome

>gentoo > arch. you can install gentoo in the same exact amount of time if you keep a basic partition table, not update packages until after the install, and use 'genkernel all' - and you'll have a better outcome

I know better than to say Gentoo can be installed faster. I can have an Arch desktop installed in 5 minutes.

Portage is slow even on a fast SSD. Having a build server is a godsend for lower end hardware or small ec2/gce instances

Portage is **very** reliable and gives you full control of everything. Hence why I use it. ZFS is in the main repositories and ebuilds have a sane format I can write myself without too much fuckery.

are there any distros besides obarun that use s6 out of the box?
it seemed cool from the limited experience I had with it

>are there any distros besides obarun that use s6 out of the box?

I wasn't even aware any distros used it, I've just toyed around with it on my gentoo box.

Arch truly is Linux for basement dwelling virgins. If you fat bastards would shave, take a shower, and find a girlfriend, you would see the light and switch to a less autistic distro. Like Debian. You'll also have to ditch your titty skittles habit.

Pic related. It's you.

Attached: atlus gardevoir.jpg (800x800, 300K)

you're just too lazy to follow the simple instructions to install arch so you have to belittle those who aren't to your level to feel better about yourself

LFS > GuixSD > Gentoo > Arch > Debian

>Arch > Debian
kys

Okay. How should I do it?

just keep using LFS or something
the autism is bound to metastasize to your heart or something

>everything better than me is autistic
Hi, NPC.

You can start with
dd if=/dev/random of=/vmlinuz bs=1M count=1 conv=notrunc

xD

>better
hi, delusional retard

Kevin get a life
>waiting half an hour per package you install
Absolutely neckbeard

VOID>Gentoo>Artix>Devuan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a literal bag of shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>POWER GAP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>other distros

Too stupid to install LFS?

waste of time that's better spent on Slackware

Okay, kid. Enjoy your bloat.

>Slackware
>bloat
do you even know of what you speak you keyboard smashing monkey?

You think Slackware isn't bloated as fuck? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Please don't be serious. This is too fucking funny.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 13K)

Attached: 1541051274581re.jpg (225x225, 34K)

compared to what? LFS? if you think you can make a distro better than Volkerding you are sadly mistaken you delusional faggot

Oh, okay. You just love sucking dick. That explains it.

>Just installed Manjaro
It's my first time trying out any Linux and I'm happy that I chose Arch!

Slack user here. A recommended installation will install everything and yes it's bloated but I do minimal installs on my laptop's. It's not that hard so you are both correct as well as wrong at the same time.

Minimal installs are also bloated.

Attached: 39291488_324836528251669_8160220154802733056_n.jpg (1080x1080, 1019K)

No. When you know what to exactly install it's no different to any other distro. But it takes a few goes to get it right. Have a nice day/ night.

It still installs a heap of crap with a minimal install. Unless you think all of those useless utilities are vital. In which case, you're a moron.

What? There is no " minimal" install option you do a recommended installation or you choose exactly what you want. From the installation media or the net afterwards. I couldn't imagine it being more bloated package for package than the next distribution.

Tell me of all this unwanted crap you speak of.

Attached: 2018-11-01-02:36:59.png (612x309, 54K)

Manjaro is unironically comfy

GNU utilities.

>Archtards are Gentoolets with binaries
fixed

C O P E

ARG LINUGS :-DDDD

Attached: 7f155cdba2e2cfa1176ac546e07ceffc261f808256f8609e2b02a18f928c5e24.png (512x512, 51K)

Attached: benis.png (112x112, 38K)

Ok this is now just based on your opinions of gnu so I'll just finish up here. I wasn't going to say it but you are an idiot. You proved quite well you know nothing of slackware.

You really think all of the GNU utilities are necessary? I like GNU, but you're being ridiculous.

EBIN :-DDDDD

Where did I state that all of them are necessary? Where? This is why you are an idiot. Toodles.

If they aren't necessary and are still there, then they are bloat.

>devuan >>>void>>>everything else

Ftfy

Holy fugg talk about going in circles. Dude ... Comprehension.

You asked me to specify what software was unwanted for a minimal system, I told you it was the GNU utilities. Then you disagreed with that. So I think it is you who needs to work on his comprehension.

this guy fucks

> not being able to uninstall dependencies easily

have fun dipshit

Ahem, where did I disagree? Where? Still an idiot.

Arch is pretty amazing and highly customizable, but god is it hard to set up. Not difficult, but most definitely time-consuming.
Today my hdd died, I dont know what happened but it failed on me, and the important thing was to get my desktop working. I got a spare new hdd and wanted to set up arch but everything took too long and I had lost all my configs. I should have store them in some git repo but I was too lazy. Since I was running low on time I installed ubuntu, and boy did I forget how good it felt for things to simply werk. No wiki, no forum, no manuals. Simply install and run.
Now, don't get me wrong, I love my arch rice but I can definitely see the appeal of ubuntu and debian. I might just set it up as much as possible as my arch setup because it simply does werk

>highly customizable
No it isn't. The base system is always the exact same. You always get systemd, you always get the same utilities. You cannot customise it.
>but god is it hard to set up
It takes 10 minutes to install the base system and a few more minutes to install a window manager and other software.

I didn't make a disagreement about gnu being bloat. I just assumed you disliked gnu. Which you stated was not the case. I can make slackware just as bloated or as lean as any other distribution. It's a fact.

No, you said I don't know anything, which would mean that my statement must be incorrect.
>I can make slackware just as bloated or as lean as any other distribution. It's a fact.
No you can't. Try to make it as small as LFS can potentially be. I dare you.

Enjoy your nsa botnet archfags

Attached: archbotnet.png (1200x500, 32K)

How the fuck would lfs be smaller if we both have the exact same packages? Do you have a magic repository that I can't get my hands on? Any package you use, I can use.

Attached: 2018-10-31-193820_311x198_scrot.png (311x198, 76K)

>if we both have the exact same packages?
We don't. Because Slackware forces unnecessary shit on you, you dense motherfucker.

Goodnight mate. You won the internet argument. You are still an idiot though.

You are just wrong, keep being a snarky bitch, though, I'm sure you are well liked because of it.

But it doesn't you dense mother fucker.

Yes it does. Just look at your base system, retard.

You can use anything you like. You are wrong. Nothing is forced on you.

Look at your base system, you fucking retard. You don't know what you are talking about. Count how many packages are there.

Imagine being this fucking delusional.

Attached: 1531526518645.png (657x527, 27K)

I know what you are talking about. My base system can be the same .You. Are. Still. Wrong. imagine being this mad.

>I know what you are talking about. My base system can be the same.
Then show me. Prove it. I think you are full of shit.

arch linux with only the "base" meta package is more bloated than any other distros base install
You can prove me wrong because I have already proven this several times

But I don't care what you think. I'm not going to put an installation CD into my computer and go halfway through an install to take a shot to prove it to you. Do it yourself. I already told you that you won the internet argument. Now hold your head up and celebrate.

>not using freebsd

Attached: freebsd.png (583x330, 9K)

>I'm not going to put an installation CD into my computer and go halfway through an install to take a shot to prove it to you
Burden of proof is on the one making the claim. Either you can back up your claim or you are wrong.

use a monospace font on your terminal you fucking heathen

YIKES