Attached: 325235235.png (225x225, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pzemtsov.github.io/2018/07/18/building-queue-from-cpp-to-java.html
microsoft.com/net/download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like it, but this really didn't need its own thread

nah, its a "managed language"

>the perfect language
Yeah, if you think loading a webpage should take about an hour.

Attached: 1540203060385.png (1888x1224, 454K)

yeah... I prefer Kotlin and the JVM.

Trash
How can a language be so fucking bad lmao

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-01 20-03-03.png (1320x44, 14K)

Can someone help understand this pic for a complete retard

It's a web framework benchmark across many languages and their libraries. As usual C# bites the dust and Java comes out in the top. No wonder no one besides Microshaft uses Java.

Attached: 1534935983694.jpg (1291x3600, 610K)

>uses Java.
I meant C#

But java is a slow piece of shit

Not according to any practical benchmarks

Attached: 1538143303183.png (1578x1668, 187K)

I really like it it's fun to write

>perfect language

Attached: 1c.jpg (1240x580, 33K)

This is such bullshit, if you want a fast language you don't fucking for JAVA you go for RUST or C++ but for everything else that you would use JAVA on C# is better

It's decent but you have to use C++ for proper SIMD and for performance-critical algorithms in general

>mom i posted the regex image again!!

I used to be averse to the idea of it but I was pretty much forced to learn it to update someone else's project and it's become my go to language for things that don't require raw performance.

Just a shame it's not more popular.

SETTING LOL

C# is excellent for big corporate code.
It's safe, the best ide, and it's much cleaner and easy to use than Java

>Muh web is slow
Stack overflow is build in net and asp

>C# is excellent for big corporate code.
HAHA NO
No big corp uses C#. Probably because they don't want their source leaked by the spyware .NET SDK.

web is slow cause it doesnt need to be fast

I really like C#, because it's not disorganized pile of steaming mess, but for anything that requires high performance you go for C++. It's just another tool in big toolbox desu.

>tripfag fag
>Considered Harmful XD
>trusting Oracle

>What is OpenJDK
Kill yourself, brainlet faggot cuck.

>cuck
Back to around these parts we like blacked.com

>ironically implying Jow Forums isn't obsessed with blacked.com

>if you really think about it
stockholm syndrom

Seems like none of you fags take into account scalability of teams. In a vacuum, some languages may be the perfect tool to build something with, but if you're looking to scale upwards, which includes bringing on more developers to your team then you will have to take into account the local/global market. In Australia you're shit out of luck if you want to use Rust, Elixir, Elm, and to some extent Scala, Haskell and Ruby etc because companies struggle to find the talent. C#, Java, and PHP are all widely used and easy to find people using it (regardless of how trash some aspects of those languages are).

If you weren't mentally retarded you wouldn't be a tripfag, and your (inevitably) retarded opinions would at least get entertained first. I hope this helps, retard.

There's no need. I am incapable of having a wrong opinion.

Attached: D8D80A3F-F068-432B-8B19-5BC40C9629AA.gif (849x458, 152K)

[citation needed]

if java is so great then why can't it compare strings with the == operator? literally all other halfway decent languages can do this

This is bait, but I'm biting to educate anyone who actually believes this is something bad.

The only way to be truly unmanaged is by writing C on a micro. If you're not handling interrupts and esoteric control registers then you're getting a shitload of help from your environment.
Memory managers make life MUCH easier with few downsides. You absolutely should know how to handle your own memory (which is why you absolutely should not learn how to write software with high level langs like C#/Java), but once you understand what's going on under the hood you can stop pushing and let the engine do some work for you.

>No big corp uses C#.

Attached: 1504455382454.jpg (500x400, 42K)

lmao fag, kill yourself.

what is an enumerator for 500 alex?

== checks if the two objects refer to the same instance of an object, whereas equals() checks whether the two objects are actually equivalent even if they're not the same instance.

See the chart again and cry.

That's database adapter performance, not language performance. Asp core is one of the fastest in plaintext performance. If ADO is really your bottleneck, you can replace it. Besides, right now the asp core team is working on optimizing json serialization, then they'll be overhauling ADO. Core just keeps getting faster.

I heard somewhere that the octothorpe is supposed to represent four plus signs and the language is actually C++++.
That is not okay, much less perfect.

I've never had a problem getting a job. If you really want to work at a huge company doing C# then clearly you'd go to Microsoft, but for people who are actually sane... Stay away from "big corps". Things are in many ways different from the corporate hell of the 90s, but the result is the same. They're not good places to spend a large chunk of your life.

Attached: Screenshot_20181101-085948__01.jpg (357x469, 27K)

Attached: asp-net-and-c-hindi-500x500.jpg (500x500, 39K)

I like its tooling, but realistically its merely a better Java.

>>== checks if the two objects refer to the same instance of an object, whereas equals() checks whether the two objects are actually equivalent even if they're not the same instance.
Which is dumb. Most other languages I know either A) expose memory addresses so they can be compared directly B) provide specific "is" object that can be used to check object equality. Using == and .equals() was a terrible idea.

Attached: 1523659450132.png (671x583, 102K)

Literally no better than Java.

It makes perfect sense. == compares what the two variables are (object references). The dot operator is the only thing which can dereference objects, so of course .equals compares values.

You're juts a baby duck.

>AbstractWasteFactoryFactory.PooFactory.Poo(PooDirection.In, LooFactory.CreateLoo(LooType.Street))
>Java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Okay, have fun.

>Buying the memes
How does C# differ from Java in any substantial way? They're both the same breed of dated POOlangs.

It took Microsoft THREE tries to copy Sun Micosystems and develop a language as useful as Java. Three times.
First time it was J++. It died.
Then it was J#. It fucking died.
Then, finally, they made C#. It survived but with stunted growth.

Don't get me wrong, I love C#. It has great tooling and more features than Java. It is in some ways better as a language. But its implementation? We're trying to compare the ultimate choice in multiplatform development to... C#. The biggest feature in C# is it being a fundamentally .NET language. This is also what is holding it down for cross-platform development. Mono is only a partial cross-platform port. It does not feature all of C#, nor is it nearly as fast as the .NET Framework that Microsoft intended C# to be used in conjunction with. .NET Core now exists but it has absolutely no stable graphical user interface component that I am aware of.

Java is a better supported language for a much more mature platform.

You never see that garbage in even the most legacy C# codebase, but when you're working in Java it's difficult to get away from. It's part of the culture.
The memes are real.

yea shame there are no official Qt binding for .net core

it must be hard to have actual insights of real world software development and have to read Jow Forums bullshit

the fun thing is that all functional programming languages do exactly the same shit but they get hailed as the next step of software developement instead

It's just a worse Java with nicer syntax

OOP factories can be done with partial application in a tenth of the code, that's the point.

At work, we have a non .NET core C# web app - it's the old .NET Framework - and it's slow as balls.

Why I 'd use c# when c++ is plain better?

He's a tycoon, a rich bourgeois, not some random proletarian worker.

>No big corp uses C#

found the Jow Forums larper that hasn't gotten through first year of university

What's the Kotlin one at number 3? Also how is the kelp one so fast when it uses Perl (which is slower than Python)?

>C#

HAHAHAHAHAHA FAGGOTS

Performance is not a binary state. Being slower than C++ does not mean you are not faster than Python or Javascript.

How does it feel?

Attached: 1541063266170.jpg (1291x3600, 615K)

Perl is the patrician’s choice is why

I love perl as much as the next person, I even used perlsh as my main shell for a while, but it's not a fast language

In many cases, unironicaly...
Yeah.

Literally meaningless, you picked out all the companies that don't use C# but left out all the hundreds of huge companies all over the world that literally have their infrastructure built on top of .NET.

It's perfectly possible to write uselessly slow software using C++ too. The full dotnet framework is plenty fast when a competent person writes software with it. I've written data transformation and db loading software that processed tens of millions of records an hour using dotnet 4.0

Each lang has jobs on both sides except McDonald's, who has zero for both. Is your point that you can get a job nearly anywhere by specializing in either language?
p.s. working at a big company will almost certainly place you among a sea of shitty webdevs who spend most of their time playing office politics.

It's the language of peace after all

Attached: languageOfPeace.png (600x400, 11K)

>Webshit
>Practical benchmarks

Attached: 77.png (604x675, 279K)

Very peaceful in Pennsylvania.

>you picked out all the companies that don't use C#
That's forbes list, faggot not mine cry harder

they're framework comparisons you moron. comparing full stack asp.net core to some micro framework that is pretty much a socket with some string handling is not a fair comparison.

>You absolutely should know how to handle your own memory, but once you understand what's going on under the hood you can stop pushing and let the engine do some work for you.

Rustfags BTFO

>How does it feel?

It feels great working for a company that uses more languages than you have brain cells.

c# has better functional language support, like linq, pattern matching, type inference and dynamic types, async/ await baked in, soon to have immutable record types. One of the main researcher and drivers for haskell works for microsoft research and no dought influences the direction of c#/f#.

>verbose and enterprise-oriented
>proprietary CLR
>Windows-oriented; shit-tier support for linux

are you retarded?

if you had any depth of knowledge of either lang you would know this is not true.

it's history is one of based on java but it has surpassed that by have some of the best language researchers guiding it's development. see c(omega) etc.

Kotlin is unironically good c# now. The only bad thing I've found is generic methods in which you need to use type information.

>Everything is an obj-

No.

>cucked by microsoft
nah

It's basically Java but with pointers. So yeah it's better.

C# is great!

It's Java without all the historical design mistakes. Too bad it's forever chained to Microsoft.

>But java is a slow piece of shit
t. kid who is just repeating may mays and has never actually made anything with java.

Attached: smug twilek.jpg (109x109, 3K)

except vert.x is much more than that, retard

b-but mindlessly repeating may mays is the only purpose of 4chin

Java is hilariously fast for a managed language, in average case it will even beat c++ (average case being average programmer writing average code)

pzemtsov.github.io/2018/07/18/building-queue-from-cpp-to-java.html

Java being slow is such a stupid fucking meme, and only clueless retards spout it. It basically reveals yourself as a clueless 1st year CS student or someone who hasn't kept up with the industry. If someone came into my interview and told me that Java is slow I'd kick them right out.

It is funny how Java being slow more than 20 years ago still haunts its reputation.

And C# is an excellent language with an open source runtime and compiler, but retards will probably always think it's encumbered because >Microsoft

>aspie.net
>good

Attached: f58.png (1280x1942, 517K)

Is there even a usable implementation on Linux even today?

Yes.
microsoft.com/net/download

Just no official cross platform gui library.

Learn English, pajeet.