What tech items do you generally carry, Jow Forums? Laptop, cables, adapters, etc etc

What tech items do you generally carry, Jow Forums? Laptop, cables, adapters, etc etc.
What is too much to carry? Absolute necessities? (Especially with IT related work)
(Not necessarily an EDC thread but may turn into one.)

Attached: 31002_techpack_black_desk.jpg (1000x1000, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e9N6_Tj9u2U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why do we always have the same shit threads

Is almost 2019, why would you carry anything other that a mobile?

That backpack looks cool, but damn son... it can't be worth 200 dolla

"i don't do anything worthwhile or do so at incredibly decreased productivity"

i love edc threads, i wish they were as common as bst

Rush 511 24 hour backpack is what I use, and yes it was totally worth the $200. I don't even feel the bag on my back when it's fully loaded.

laptop, charger, phone, a couple usb cables, an ethernet cable, hdmi cable, usb hub, multi tool, notepad, pens, microfiber cloth, all in a samsonite laptop sleeve that i put in and out of a swissgear backpack that has bulkier things i may need for that specific day (ie books for class)

That's what my home office is for, much more productive.

I don't have a laptop but I am building a mini portable build. Until then I will just have my phone

I have tried, in the past, to setup a company network from home.
It didn't work.

UTP straight cable (f/f)
USB A -> C cable (m/m)
USB A -> mico-B cable (m/m)
USB C -> C cable (m/m)
USB C -> A converter (m/f)
mini-HDMI -> HDMI converter (m/f)
mini-DP -> DP converter (m/f)

120 GB External SSD M.2

USB drive pouch containing
-Kali Live
-DBAN
-3 x temp
-micro-SD -> SD convertor

Thinkpad (Debian sid)
A/C adapter
BT mouse

A6 notebook
Pen

For work my load is quite a lot. Two laptops, two chargers, clothes, umbrella, 3kg of odd cables and and connector things, it adds up.

my two phones, an otg cable, and headphones

only bring laptop if I expect to need it

reminder that any of those safety razors and old fashion shaving devices are a meme and that you don't really need anything besides a Gillette mach 3

Attached: mach-rzor.jpg (460x460, 31K)

phone
ereader (school days only)
DAP
headphones

youtube.com/watch?v=e9N6_Tj9u2U

Based

i dont understand people who don't carry chargers

>smartphone+charger
>earbuds+headphones
>DSLR+extra lens+batteries
>chinkpad+cables
>calculator+pens
>USB drives
>keys
>wallet
I should weigh this shit
I really miss them as well, should bring them back with images

Attached: 1538839321972.jpg (197x255, 11K)

>phone
>nfc cards
>dual band radio
shitposting on ham bands is pretty nice tb.h

Generally just my phone, but I keep a pair of earbuds with my work supplies.

>multiple blades
bic single blade is all you need faggot

What backpack is that

>bic single blade is all you need faggot
Low T faggot confirmed.

I carry three laptops (company laptop, client one, and personal one), cables and chargers for my phone, etc., mouse, headset for taking calls via Skype, notebooks and pencil pouch because I like taking notes and doodling, flash drives, and reading glasses (that I never use.) Sometimes I also take my 3DS.

Oh, and obviously stuff like phone, wallet, keys, watch.

On a daily, I carry my Moto G4 (running Lineage/Android 7.1), wallet with RF blocking inserts, keys, lock picking kit (on keychain), Carmex and a cheap ass Citizen wetch.
I'm a remote tech for a major phone insurance company, which I use my Peak Design laptop bag to carry:
>T420 with Debian GNU/Linux
>16GB flash drive
>repair kit with tools ranging from torx screwdrivers to rubbing alcohol to screen lifters
>various phone screens
If this thread is still up in the morning I'll take a picture of what I carry

>smartphone
>small case with sony in-ear headset in case I need to take calls when it's noisy around
>rockboxed sansa clip zip with trn v80
>sony usb 3.0 1Tb portable HDD
>micro usb cable
>allen multitool

that's about it

>Carrying with you a Sansa AND a smartphone

Why?

i don't leave my home because i have schizophrenia

1 sharp blade > 3 dull blades
Multiple blades are for people who cut themselves shaving

This is what i take to class everyday.

Thinkpad T60 (debian)
Laptop charger
Ethernet cable
Charging-only micro USB cable
Debian live USB
Phone
Earbuds

Bic 4 colour pen
A4 notepad
Modded casio graph 35+ calculator
Sorter with all the documents i need

Everything fits nicely in some old Dell leather computer bag i got from the company i worked for during the summer.

Attached: tfw_thinkpad.png (512x512, 142K)

Any nice messenger bags able to hold a 14inch laptop and more?

evergoods cpl24 with two goruck mesh dopps for miscellaneous cables & chargers
absolutely no regrets

Attached: evergoods.jpg (1552x873, 268K)

MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch, Surface Pro (+ pencil and cover), iPad (+ pencil), Magic Keyboard, Magic Touchpad 2, Logitech Major 2S, Nintendo Switch (+ battery case), Power bank, Micro USB cable, USB C cable, Lightning cable, Magsafe 2 charger, USB power adapter.

Explain why you carry 3 laptops...what's a client laptop?

what did u mod on your calc
I have an fx9750g2

Please be a girl

I flashed it with the firmware from the more expensive graph 75, which gives me access to all of the storage and the ability to add programs to the main menu, and even overclock it, which makes plotting functions much faster.
The graph 35 and 75 are identical hardware-wise, the 35's firmware simply lacks the ability to run programs from the main menu and can't access all of the storage. I pretty much turned my 35 into a 75.

My car keys

What do you use all those cables for?

>wacom
>laptop+adapter
>USB 3.0 microSDXC reader
>USB 3.1 external SSD (128GB 840 PRO)
>type-C to type-A cable
>microUSB to type-A cable
>microUSB to type-A adapter
>QC 3.0 / 2.4A USB charger
>10.000 mAh power bank
>A4tech 7100N bluetooth keyboard+mouse combo + replacement batteries
>32GB microSDXC with different OS installers
>8GB microSDXC with recovery tools
>4 port USB hub
>type-A volt meter
>tool magnetizer/demagnetizer

That's pretty much it as far as my IT "EDC" is concerned. I carry a lot more, but the other stuff isn't IT related.

>phone
>earbuds
>tablet + stylus (I draw a lot during lunch and breaks)
>battery pack
>some cables
that's about it

so much redundancy that there's a lot of redundancy here

I'm a consultant. The client I'm consulting with gave me a laptop to access their resources. I carry my consulting company laptop to access their resources. I carry my own laptop to do personal stuff during the day (read: slack off.)

no I'm a nikon shooter

Phone, e-reader, usb-cable, usb-stick. Work-related stuff is at work.

I don't have an EDC because I don't go outside.

you should have a "go bag" with valuables and a portable hard drive with a mildly recent backup that you can just grab and go in the event you need to get out of your home. what is in there?

- an external hard drive (and the included cable)
- a water bottle
- a (tiny) bike pump
That's all I got.

add a med kit and a heavy duty flashlight

>goruck mesh dopps

Is that seriously $45 for a piece of nylon with netting and a zip stitched into it?

Thank you for your post. 2 Gillette™ Mach3™ cartridges have been deposited into your account

$25 large eastport backpack. It fits all the heavy junk I need and then some all with minor ware and tear over the past year and a half

Laptop
Charger
Pc power cable + an adapter that changes the part you plug into a computer back into a wall outlet. (can use that to make a super long pc power cable, or charge electronics after unplugging a kiosk if no wall plugs avalible)
Hackrf + portapack + havoc firmware
5 port switch + 1 long cat 6 + 2 short cat 6 + power adapter
Magstripe reader
Mix of standard lockpicks I like
Some warded lockpicks
32 GB flash drive
Sim card adaptees
Nitrile gloves
Alchohol wipes for electronics
18650x4 portable battery bank. I'll throw 6 spare 18650's in my bag if I'm traveling
Chromecast
Every type of USB cable (otg, a to a, a to micro, a to mini, a to c, c to c, lightning to a, a to b, a to micro b 3.1)
Hdmi cable plus tons of adapters (dvi to vga, thunderbolt to vga, hdmi to vga, mini display port to hdmi, hdmi female to female adapter)
Bag of googly eyes for humerus vandalism
Firt aid kit I put together

"Look, mom! All this cool tech I carry around, I'm such a hacker! :-D"

Not everyone is a NEET like you.

BRING BACK EDC THREADS

Attached: 1540740878908.png (640x480, 346K)

Tech EDC is pretty much autistic though. Nobody carries electronics for no purpose. You can carry a wallet without needing it for the day, you can carry your different IDs without needing them for weeks... but lugging around flash drives and laptops and external hard drives and peripherals and other shit for no reason whatsoever is retarded.

what anime is that image from arigathank you

trace.moe

What tablet?

thank u

10.5" iPad

Do you really need anything other thana smartphone

yes

To carry around literally everywhere? No, not really. To be prepared to get work related shit shit done, yea, kind of. I had to decline "SOS" work twice, because I didn't have anything with me to edit documents with within the allotted time, and that sucked, because that was lost money.

Flash drives don't weigh anything and don't really take up space. If I didn't bring my backpack to the office every day anyway, I'd at least have a flash drive on my keychain.

What sort of off-brand-ass multiple-blade razors did you buy?

t. homosexual wagecuck

read it up, multiple blades are dull and low quality compared to single blades.
gillettes especially is a huge joke, the same way multiple cameras on phones are a joke, has its uses but ultimately worse because it cuts less and not as cleanly.
companies earn more money by selling multiple blades whereas single blades are cheap as shit and way more reusable.

I've tested some gillette razors in the past using the hht (hanging hair test) and none of them ever had dull blades, not as good as a well honed straight razor but enough to do the job. I receive gillette razors for free in the mail sometimes and I actually started testing them because I didn't use them.

On myself, just a phone.

For work? I just carry my laptop in a bag and walk over.

Other than the usual stuff. I keep a powerbank with me
Thinking of making one of those swiss army knife USB drives

House keys, $25-50, and ID

None of the above. I leave my laptop, charger, and headphones locked in my desk at work

what stage of debian do you use, testing?

thinkpad t440p
a little bag for a pencil, eraser
a carpet with some paper
a cable for my phone

>a carpet with some paper
what?

I work from home ~30%,office A ~40%, office B ~25%, and from location C-Z (usually a hotel room near a conference) ~5% of the time. I find that it's easier to just buy N of everything rather than carry 1 of everything around. I basically just bought/had my employer buy three duplicates of everything except my phone and laptop.

At each of {home, office A, office B}:
USB-C laptop dock
a single 4k monitor
cheap logitech wireless mouse
keyboard (dz 60 w/ zealio 62g at A, iris w/ zealio 62g at B, iris w/ box white at home)
cheap bluetooth headphones (bludio?)
old all-metal swingline stapler (bought 5 at an estate sale after a neighbor died)
coffee cup

i edc:
my laptop (t470 w/ 512gb nvme drive, i7-8550u, 32gb ram, intel 9462 radio card, 24wh internal + 48wh external - lasts about 8 hours in moderate use)
my phone (moto g4+)
wallet w/ debit card, 2 credit cards, driving license, ccw license, cash
keys (car, home, garage, office A, office B, boss's office)
zebra 701 pencil
3x g2 pens (0.7mm black, 0.5mm blue and green)
A5 notebook
cheap gummy earbuds (jvc?)
6oz flask w/ mid-tier irish blends
deactivated 2-1/4" "switchblade" (family heirloom, illegal state, so i removed the spring)
2 days worth of my medication (adderall and xanax)
.22 magnum derringer (2 rds internal) + 6 rds or .380 bersa (+ extra mag), depending on season/outfit

when I travel I add:
usb-c port dongle (hdmi, microsd, 3x usb) - gets stashed in my hotel
AC->usb-c charger - gets stashed in my hotel
home keyboard (iris w/ box white) - gets stashed in my hotel
usb micro cable
clothing, toiletries, duh
some shitty gas station 5v usb battery

in my car i keep:
jumper cables
change of clothes + travel size toiletries
ar-15 (broken down and stored across 3 locations) + 90 rds in mags
usually 3+ copies of a dozen different communist/anti-imperialist/anarchist/mutualist propoganda zines/leaflets
usb-micro cigarette port charger
usb-c cigarette port charger
2 gallons water
~3000 calories of granola bars / candy

Timbuk2, I wish the straps were more comfy but I guess that's the point of using a messenger bag, light weight.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan