The Notch Killer

I'm sure everyone is getting tired of the notch hate meme.
So how about something new to hate on?

Pic related. First foldable phone is being released.
I sure hope it catches on, just to see Jow Forums's tiers. Also, I'd love to finally have a phone that fits my pockets again.

web.archive.org/web/20181101164217/https://www.theandroidsoul.com/royole-flexpai-is-the-worlds-first-foldable-smartphone/

I wonder what Apple's take will be like.

Attached: Royole-FlexPai-2[1].png (1000x582, 388K)

Noe that what we call impressive innovation

Unless phones can overcome their longevity issues then they'll all be terrible.
Battery health is just atrocious

What's the practical application?

Wrap around benis, enable vibration

It's a tablet and a phone. You can also half-fold it so that it doubles as an alarm clock or whatever kind of data/media you'd want...

Or it would if Android was an open platform and not pozzed to hell.

I don't understand the folding meme whatsoever. Even if there is somehow a practical application for the technology, surely the "bend-point" would severely degrade over the lifetime of the device.

Attached: For_what_purpose.jpg (323x454, 25K)

Looks like another thing that serves no purpose but will catch the adoration of normalfaggots worldwide.

What a shame it cant close flush. Looks to fat in that design but maybe 2.0 can do it

>can fit it in your pocket
>but the screen is a lot bigger
Retard

this, also folding it every time you take it out of your pocket sounds like a nuisance

The anal anguish is already spreading and it's barely been a few hours.

you want older butthurt?
fingerprint scanner on the back is less convenient.
on-screen buttons are less convenient.

>phone rings
>takes phone out of pocket
to answer call
>kinda bored because waiting for the train
>unfold phone
>Tablet sized slab of chemically engineerd bendable glass to browe /g

what's not to love abou this ?

yes, i'm having a stroke

Find one use case other than extorting money from people with misguided views on what represents innovation in this field - Go!

Read the thread.

>I'd love to finally have a phone that fits my pockets again.
Imagine being a pocketlet. I have literally never had this problem

would be better if the hinge was in blocks, that's the only situation I can see where it would be able to sit flush.

Just get another phone, retard. Also, you can probably configure it to work with only half the screen when it's folded, brainlet. You only need to fold it when you want more screen space. Why are you bitching about having a big screen on a phone that actully fits in a pocket ?

Speaking about screen, what wizardry enables this folding bullshit ?

t. cargo shorts incel

>fatigue failure: the phone

i'm just calling it like i see it
same with oled, i guess people don't notice burn in because nobody keeps their phones any more

>sounds like a nuisance
>bitching
top kek normalfag retard
Why are you bitching about having a big screen on a phone that actully fits in a pocket ?
because it looks like it will be extremely inefficient to operate in both folded and unfolded mode.
but usability isn't the focus off the market, laptop keyboards being a great example.

You seem excited for the tech, which is fine, but what's with the vehement shilling of this relatively poor design? This technology has some pretty glaring flaws at first glance and people here are just pointing that out.

>literally bitching about a phone that's not even out
>being able to unfold the phone and double your screen size is a nuisance
You're actually braindead. Just don't unfold it then, dumb shit. The only nuisance is that your small woman hands can't hold it properly when folded. Boo whoo.

>being this ass blasted about an anons opion
id say you're the braindead one here

It's a stupid opinion, you dumb shit. You retards can't even explain why it's a nuisance to use.
>u mad xD
Thx for proving that you have nothing to say.

>but usability isn't the focus off the market, laptop keyboards being a great example.
Or the entire smartphone glass brick fad, for that matter.

why not just create a dual screen slider? the only issue i see is thickness, and the fact that when the 2nd screen slides out, there will likely be a bezel in between the screens, ruining the immersion.

>You retards can't even explain why it's a nuisance to use.
because you have to unfold it every time? instead of just putting my finger on the scanner while taking it out of my pocket? what is there not to understand.
its also an awkward shape in folded mode, which will just get annoying over time.
you not thinking this through and just instantly accepting the newest marketing gimmick makes you a braindead consumer.

you get my point

>because you have to unfold it every time?
You don't. The unfolding mechanism switches to tablet mode. Folded is smartphone mode.

alright user, enjoy your $2000 fold-able slab

>because you have to unfold it every time?
No you don't. You're so dumb you still didn't figure out.
>gimmick
Yep, having a tablet scren that can fit in your pocket is a gimmick, but your stupid botnet scanner isn't, lol. Spotted the normalshit. You have to go back.

> enjoy your $2000 fold-able slab
I will be enjoying my 500€ fold-able phone once the technology has matured.
Meanwhile, I can be grateful to the fucks who will buy this prototype tech.

>I'm sure everyone is getting tired of the notch hate meme.
No, its fucking retarded and I well never not hate it

>but your stupid botnet scanner isn't
thats right, it speeds up the unlocking process of a password protected phone.
jesus fucking christ this thread is garbage, I should just filter smartphone threads.

OLED screens, been around for a while, remember the curved screen on the Galaxy Nexus?

>I should just filter smartphone threads.
So you aren't even using a smartphone?
Nice.
much informed

>putting your fingerprint in a database because you're too lazy to write a password
>defending botnet usage on Jow Forums
Kill yourself.

This will probably fail like most attempts at devices that try to be more than one thing at once. See 2 in 1 PCs.

>See 2 in 1 PCs.
They worked perfectly fine until MS decided to throw the tablet interface under the bus.

Ever use a flip phone?

What if your fingers get damaged?

What if you want other people to use your phone?

>first foldable phone
androidpajeets are getting desperate, trying to claim apple's innovation as their own

Attached: 1512154408560.jpg (1190x595, 45K)

>A Royole with cheese

wtf did they mean by this

>trying to hold folding tabletphone in one hand for some 1 player sex
>bendable screen wont stay stiff
Wat do

Flip phones didn't folder the screen. And most of them ended up dying with broken hinges/ribbon cables. Foldables phones are a meme.

it's a tablet you can fit in your pocket, are you too retarded to grasp the concept of big screens that are still compact

>when folded, the backs don't sit flush

that screen/digitizer is going to crack

prepared to be sued

Attached: samsung-galaxy-x-patent-04-720x368-720x368.jpg (720x368, 15K)

This thing will be extremely thick when inside a case so we are looking at yet another phone that sucks to be carried around.

Attached: 1540658034797.jpg (600x600, 33K)

when people asked for foldable phones, this is not what they had in mind
but marketing sure will tell you this is the foldable that your friends were all asking for