Can one still buy the previous Mac Mini?

Can one still buy the previous Mac Mini?

I need a compact and cost-effective desktop computer for light tasks. As it would be only for light tasks, I actually wouldn't mind the the 2014 dual-core CPU that much, it's even kinda in the same ballpark as the 1.6 Ghz dual-core CPU that is in the new 2018 Macbook Air that Apple announced few days ago. (For similar reason I also don't mind the soldered down 8GB RAM in this case.)

But I would install a 1TB SSD in it for storage. I can't do that with the newly announced 2018 Mac Mini as it has soldered down SSD and only 128GB in the $799 model! And I don't want to buy an external SSD, that way it's not so compact anymore.

Attached: macmini.jpg (500x500, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nucblog.net/2018/11/coffee-lake-i5-nuc-review-nuc8i5bek-nuc8i5beh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get a nuc nigger

>apple
>cost effective
Pick one and see

I have a 2011/12 model, which is expandable and is perfectly fine for light tasks. I use it to compile software all the time. I suggest you find a second hand one. You could probably get one for around $200 or less.

I also like the natural metal finish of the previous Mac Mini model better then the new one or the NUC.

It sounds like your not going to be convinced of anything else so you got to ask yourself, is the "modern" metal finish and last gen specs better than having a better spec, cheaper, nuc?

Why do you feel like you need to convince others to use products you like over products they like?

Because I want you to save money. There is nothing apple has that hasnt been done cheaper and better by someone else.

I used to work on one and it was terribly slow. I cant recommend it for anything more than a web browsing machine

>Mac mini
>cost effective

Got a late 2012 one back when it was new. Still runs fine, and I've yet to upgrade anything so I'm hoping to get some more life out of it.

Mac OS is still the only usable OS that supports Adobe software.

There is used, refurb, and many electronics stores still have the old models around, but don't expect a discount since those machines have 0 margins.

If you want people to save money, teach them to save, don't tell them to spend money on something else (something you like).

That doesn't sound good and the new Mac Mini is also a big let down.

Get a used laptop, literally any laptop from the past 5 years. You can plug in a mouse/keyboard/monitor to it just the same

This.

You might find one on ebay.

Why are you even asking. No, you probably cannot buy a new one from apple anymore.

I would get a nuc, easy to set up and modify. I can imagine opening a Mac mini might be near impossible? Also if you think the nuc is ugly, you can mount it on the back of your monitor (if it has vesa mount)

>it's an appletoddler subhuman thinks his faggot fruit toys belong on Jow Forums episode

Attached: 1521413532979.png (400x1650, 367K)

>look mom i posted it again!

>I can imagine opening a Mac mini might be near impossible?
Twist the bottom lid and pop it off, now you have access to the motherboard, RAM, and can sneak out the SSD (on 2012 and earlier). It is like opening a big jar.

Fucking $500 a nearly five-year old CPU and hardly any storage. Nigger are you insane, get a NUC for approximately the same price that blows that thing out of the water.

nucblog.net/2018/11/coffee-lake-i5-nuc-review-nuc8i5bek-nuc8i5beh/

Coffee Lake NUC blows the 2014 Mac Mini out of the water in performance