The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Attached: unabomber-ted-kaczynski-police-sketch-2-tony-rubino.jpg (600x750, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

condensedscience.wordpress.com/2011/06/28/life-expectancy-in-hunter-gatherers-and-other-groups/
youtube.com/watch?v=yGZHYut1gik&feature=youtu.be&t=156
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

their technology is evil

imagine putting that much importance on the continued existence of the human race

The human race and its consequences have been a disaster for the entire planet.

>I wanna go back to manual labor and dying of infectious diseases at age 28

Imagine putting that much importance on the continued existence of the planet.

Attached: chiark-orbital.gif (1000x500, 35K)

The earth and its consequences have been a disaster for the entire solar system.

industrialization is shit
non-industrialization is shit
everything is shit when there are too many people living together

>manual labor
There was no "manual labor" as you put it before civilization. Ted is not just anti-tech, he's anti-civ. Even agriculture was a deterioration of the human condition and our environment in every respect.

>everything is shit when there are too many people living together
This is really the truth. We aren't designed to live with more than several dozen people. Every ideology becomes tyrannical fucking garbage under millions. Almost anything can work with a handful of likeminded fellows.

[spoiler]Technology allowed and sustains this population boom[/spoiler]

>le evil technology is evil guy
Cool b8 bro. Now go to Jow Forums and tell them how weapons have been a disaster for the human race.

Attached: 1511222411475.png (917x785, 1.14M)

>race
Species.

The sexual revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Agreed

Liberals think the "right wing" are evil and they also unironically kill children through abortion.

Just constant bitching. The occasional valid point, but offers no solutions.
>Technology is bad unless I use it to bomb people.

Attached: 1532578053703.jpg (313x500, 45K)

>but offers no solutions
Abandoning technology is a solution.

Western civilization that is.
We've completely fucked the familial building block, just so everyone could go around and fugg and get AIDS.

Hi, Luke. How fun is it to be a pseudo-intellectual who claims to hate technology, but makes all of his income from his association with Google?

Conservashit cretins and incels like you pushing this regressive rhetoric are the reason Michael Moore is panicking that The Handmaid's Tale is becoming reality.

Please keep it up.

Attached: zootopia judy smug reaction 41.png (434x699, 225K)

if we, collectively, decided to improve things, we could. problem is, people are motivated to make money at any costs, and so, some people will destroy the environment and/or the society itself for monetary gain.
Kaczynski was wrong in blaming the "industrial revolution", the problem came even before that. it does predates capitalism, but capitalism on itself is the belief that greed and economic growth can have no limits.

>too many people living together
that's not the real problem, IMO

Working more than 4 hours every day was a mistake.

>literally don't use technology
>no solutions
idiot

A solution to what? More freedom? Less surrogate activities? A more fulfilling life?

80 hour workweeks growing potatoes?
How? Life was a lot worse. Can people still do that? Yeah. in some places that's still the only option. You can go there today.

Attached: unAEllq.png (800x510, 129K)

Ego is the root of human stupidity.
Something or someone hurt you physically or mentally

>Life was a lot worse.
No it wasn't. Holy fucking shit, go outside and take a hike and tell me how much it sucks. You lazy shit, go walk for 10 miles in the woods and tell me it doesn't feel amazing. Go fishing, go hunting, go gardening and cook. Seriously just try any outdoor activities for once in your life and tell me you'd rather sit in an office pushing paper.

>growing potatoes
The agricultural revolution and its consequences have been disaster for the human race.

He's right. I am not for Kaczynski's personal goals to blow up people, but his ideals in a literal sense are the truth.

>le before all this technology people were having fun outside fishing all day and hiking around!

Imagine dying from a papercut. If you were rich enough to have paper in your home.

Attached: 1537416099033.jpg (480x447, 39K)

Then you are a retard.

He was a good boy until they started doing mk ultra experiments on him. Not memeing it's well documented.

Attached: 220px-Young_theodore_kaczynski.jpg (220x156, 13K)

I'm sure you'd love dying from a tick or even flea bite, from some random cancer, after catching a common cold, etc.
life was sooo much better...

Paper didn't exist before the neolithic revolution, retard.
People generally lived in bands of a few dozen, and only needed to hunt/gather a few hours a day.

If you made it past early childhood, you could reasonably expect to live into your 60s.

Yeah much better to work as a slave for 60 years and/or get hit by a car or die from lung cancer.

>People generally lived in bands of a few dozen, and only needed to hunt/gather a few hours a day.
Source?

True

>Yeah much better to work as a slave for 60 years
hmm, surely they lived off nothing?

>If you made it past early childhood, you could reasonably expect to live into your 60s.
not if you "fished all day and hiked around", you could die of some random illness that you got from your food, the water, insect bites, animal bites, etc.

No one said anything about neolythic. Point was you died from really stupid shit.
Life expectancy was 30-35 up until the 1900s.

"When a wise man points at the moon, an idiot looks at his finger."
The "slaves" today lived better than nobility.

This

Attached: 36f.jpg (393x490, 80K)

The real 14 words

>better
In your opinion. Not in mine.

Also, you realise there was no such thing as slaves and nobility pre-civ?

You have a fucking immune system. Well, normal humans do, maybe not you.
Our world wasn't polluted to shit so as long as the water was clear, it was generally safe to drink.
If you died of an illness in your 50s, well, that was life. You would die surrounded by your children and grandchildren, knowing that you were loved and lived a full life.

>Life expectancy was 30-35 up until the 1900s.
Not at all.
condensedscience.wordpress.com/2011/06/28/life-expectancy-in-hunter-gatherers-and-other-groups/

Did you know that, with every infection, you risk incurring a lifelong autoimmune disease? (Among more prosaic conditions too, like appendicitis.) The protection is imperfect. The body sucks in many, many ways. Pic related when?

Attached: robobrains__by_ludvikskp-d5nbagz.png (900x638, 954K)

>imagine being this uneducated
Point at that brainlet and laugh.

I agree wholeheartedly. I do however think that we hit the "sweet spot" in ancient Greece, regarding nature/civilization ratio.

>80 hour workweeks growing potatoes?
Another debil who spouts shit he knows nothing about. If you don't count industrial revolution with it's sixteen hours shifts, then we are worst we've ever been compared to any pre-agriculture/ancient civilization. Go outside you moron, taking care of farm is not time consuming at all if you know what you are doing. Most farmers I know since my childhood work much less than your regular wageslave, not to mention they would work even less if it was just to sustain themselves and not for business.

>life expectancy meme again
Those numbers are skewed, because they are usually containing higher child/infants deaths. You got 60 y/o and one who dies at birth. Now your average age of that time is either 30 or you are a moron lazy to read something. Or do you seriously think that people were dropping like flies from same magical causes in their 30s? We always lived more or less the same, what changed is infant/child natality rate.

Are you dumb? The most dangerous things in natural water are not synthetic or pollution. They are viruses like rocky mountain fever and parasites.

those people who mass media us into brain dead psychosis are at fault here

we could live in peace in a beautiful world if it weren't for them

they made it so we end up fighting enemies next door who are just like them

so be it but i'm not letting them get away with it

This

>muh incel
Glad you're resorting to name calling, inaccurate ones at that.
Breaking down the building block of society is going to have far reaching consequences...

Goddamn I fucking with people would do this.
Idk where I would find all the ammo for ak tho.

Ok dad

Attached: deebly goncerned roman.png (600x729, 82K)

The problem is not the industrial revolution, the REAL problem is that we value profit above everything else

>we hit the sweetspot in ancient greece
youre a dummy. life was shit in ancient greece unless you were born of an elite family.

even poor people live like kings now

This too. Most of these magical scientific "solutions" for our "issues" we wouldn't even needed in the first place, if not for industrialization.

>The most dangerous things in natural water are not synthetic or pollution.
Jesus I never expected to see people this demented here. You can filter most of really bad things that nature throws at you just using stuff around you and with boiling. If you are not braindead, you also know where to actually gather your water so you won't drink bad shit. However with crap we produce, not that easy.

>I don't know nothing about history whatsoever
>/out/

>t. incel

Imagine thinking the problem is the industrial revolution and not just capitalism.

We have technology to thank for knowing that we need to filter and boil water.

>even poor people live like kings now
>there are people out there that really believe this

I wonder where this idealized view of what life was in the past, without technological advances (medicine, health in general, food production, cooking, ...) comes from.
I fucking hate that capitalism is based on greed, but one can't deny that it has improved our average quality of life, if only based on the suffering of others. IMO, what we need is, to automate everything, to stop messing with nature, and to build our own environments, so that human growth won't destroy everything .

m8, I had hodgkins lymphoma at 25, and I'm still alive. I could have died from many other illnesses as a kid (diarrhea, some dumb infection after being attacked by some virus [common cold, chickenpox, measles, etc]), but I'm still alive. as I said before, out there there are many insects and animals that could easily kill you. hell, even the soil itself could kill you under certain conditions.
you clearly have not even basic knowledge or interest in biology, yet you come here to talk BS about how our immune system works, and how our world is polluted...

>Infant mortality is over 30 times greater among hunter-gatherers, and early child mortality is over 100 times greater than encountered in the United States.
>The average hunter-gatherer mortality rate is 38% before 15 years.

>This too. Most of these magical scientific "solutions" for our "issues" we wouldn't even needed in the first place, if not for industrialization.

seriously, go read a biology book, you fucking retards.

>no it wasn't
ITT. Snowflake first worlders talk about things they don't know
I've gone and worked and lived in the least-developed places possible. No electricity or anything of the style. Zero infrastructure. Guess what happened?
People starved to death, died of diseases that don't even exist in first world countries. Most had some sort of severe lack of nutritional, and so on. You know nothing.

Nigger peasants have iPhones and dildos today.

Those places are shit because they the dumping ground of the rest of the world.
They're the ones really getting the shaft from globalization and capitalism.

one could blame the destruction of cultural knowledge for that, though. as an example: even the bible contained "instructions" on what NOT to do, to preserve the society of those who read it in ancient times.
if some random fucks come to your village to take advantage of you, destroy your society and kill your cultural heritage, you are left with misery and destruction.

if you mean niggers living in first world countries maybe, there are waay poorer people in the world

>breathing cancerous air
>eating cancerous fake "food" that is usually just mass produced shittier animal produce
>living totally out of touch with the way humans should live
>resolving that with chemicals altering our mind, numbing ourselves with drugs
>killing off our testosterone (levels on par with 70 year olds now), eradicating sperm produce in your own fucking balls (less than half than our fathers have, effectively nearing level of neutering ourselves)
>women ruining their hormones with HA, effectively destroying any remaining natural instincts to pick a right mate and ability to pair-bond.
>as a result, we produce weak, defective people who couldn't even live without a civilization, just like this user. We are first species ever to completely sever itself from it's natural habitat to the point we would just mass perish if our "civilization" would crumble.
Wow, what a paradise. But hey, you got your smartphone and buggerboy expensive toys!

Do you even read whole thing or you just see random letters appearing? We wouldn't needed to filter most of the shit before we fucked up our environment and most of the people knew where to pick water or how to find out it is contaminated. It's not a rocket science you mongoloid. Also people up 2000 BC (and even longer) knew how to treat water.

Better than being forced to carry around a portable tracking device 24/7 out of social necessity.

>as a result, we produce weak, defective people who couldn't even live without a civilization, just like this (You) user
if you ever get cancer and don't get treated by a doctor, let me know how it goes for you. I'm sure those "alternative treatments" you see being posted by hippies and mentally ill people on facebook will save you.
good luck with that, retard.

Even agriculture, really?

And consuming food that's been bathed in chemicals and is wrapped in plastic.

Nigger, I got my "Do not resuscitate" tattoo and deal for a years now. Stop projecting your own weakness on me. When nature calls, I go.

I worked with old people for far too long than to wish to cling to every little piece of life remaining in me, no matter how pathetic my existence is. This is also what is wrong with our civilization - this absurd hyper-fear of death.

>Nigger, I got my "Do not resuscitate" tattoo and deal for a years now. Stop projecting your own weakness on me. When nature calls, I go.
I bet you didn't get vaccinated also? you don't take pills when you catch a cold? you don't visit the dentist when your molar hurts...
I bet you are the worst kind of hypocrite IRL

You get the result you've chosen. Instead of utilizing technology for your benefit you chose to abuse it to make your life worse. Why blame the tool for your own incompetence?

oy vey, good goyim, spend your life in academia, improve industrial system, good boy...

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Humans relentlessly pursue novelty. It's not as if those things are NOT NICE, it's just that we are always moving on in search of the next more thing. Think about it, any album you enjoy, or game or movie, no matter how great it is you will inevitably move on to something else.

And that is probably because the activities you mention are very physical and of the physical world, because we developed brains we now want that novelty extended into the mental plane.

We just continue to find more obscure ways to entertain ourselves

Maybe the things you mentioned are the ultimate to enjoy, but we can't resist going down another path just to check. Just to make sure we aren't missing out. Curiosity, experimentation and evolution, Never satisfied or content to sit still.

Attached: 1540382409303.jpg (228x221, 7K)

>pushing goalpost this hard
What a dumbo you are. Have you even read what others said and my previous posts? Civilization is primary cause of most of these issues. Bad teeth? Do you even know how much sugar is in most of the processed food now? Cancer? You betcha. Why the fuck do you think there are these "civilization/lifestyle diseases" as cause for most of the deaths nowadays? It's even called that way. And even there, yes, I do not take any pills when I'm cold and I was never vaccinated from my own volition too.

Again, stop projecting your own weakness. You have no one to blame for them for than this civilization. If anything, you should be sperging same stuff as I do here. Think about it.

That's exactly the thing here, good observation. We are not supposed to have tools this advanced, because we always misuse them and screw not only ourselves but also everything around. Thus stance against technology. There is a great philosopher in my country who said that "Only valuable advancement is a moral one, in which we did not advanced one single bit."

fuck human race desu. technological progress is more important than monkey wellbeing. bring it on! techno lucifer soon!

>the only argument that proindustrialists have is life expectancy
You guys do understand that there is a difference between living 60-70 years as a work cuck for some company (essentially demeaning and meaningless existence), having a state doing everything for you while you can't even control important matters such as security, food quality, etc. and living a 30-40 years as a free man, spending time in nature, eating fresh killed meat, raising family, etc. ???

Read thread, fren. Lower life expectancy with ancient people is a long time overdue meme

Be prepared for the AI revolution and the upcoming disaster with it

>everything is shit when there are too many people living together
True

this is my answer to
>absurd hyper-fear of death.
I love life, such as it is, too much to psychologically harbor death. But, reflecting on how I'm just an electrochemical runtime of a brain that happens to exist PROGRAMMED to fear death, I can roll my eyes hard enough at myself and my precious, selfish feelings to (temporarily) embrace death.
I hope I can reproduce this when necessary, if I see it coming! Not that it matters. : p
Tfw: youtube.com/watch?v=yGZHYut1gik&feature=youtu.be&t=156

Attached: spardo goncern.png (253x199, 4K)

>You lazy shit, go walk for 10 miles in the woods and tell me it doesn't feel amazing. Go fishing, go hunting, go gardening and cook.

It's nice because when you're hungry and tired you go back to civilization and enjoy the food and shelter that is already there.

Try staying out in the woods with no food and no modern tools and clothes and see how happy that makes you. If you make it past a week (you wouldn't) I can assure you it would be nothing but pain and suck from there on out.

Of course he doesen't know that.

So what's the solution for the average user then? Revolution won't happen, people too much addicted to their tech toys, and just generally docile and ignorant. They complain about their work and life all the fucking time, but they don't see the roots of their problems and rather try to entertain themselfs as much as possible to "easy the stress away"
My solution so far:
1. small remote business
2. buying a land near forest
3. building a small house
4. marrying a good christian girl, raising a family in the house, homeschooling children
5. hunt, harvest, enjoy nature
6. die at 50-60 happily with your grandchildren before you
The only problem is bringing internet to your remote house. But there are solutions for that.

Imagine being a Bernout.

you know that people lived in tribes before, right? Regular user wouldn't need to hunt alone, or do anything alone.

Industrialization was the result of human curiosity. To hate it means to hate the very existence of us
you're better off being a "happy and tension free" sheep eating grass. Ignorant of the great possibilities of the world

>tfw you realize the Combine literally made everybody incels

Attached: anime when the Flintstones vitamin gummies kick in.jpg (401x401, 42K)

I was in the bus today. Most people who have been talking were complaining about their jobs, their bosses, their lifes, how they seek leisure, their lust for vacation. In the end noone gives a fuck about le curiosity, or human prosperity/cosmos/mars/ai, etc. Average human just needs being loved, decent food, nature, and shelter. Exactly the things that were available long before industrial revolution.

The real route to happiness is a high tech society composed of a homogeneous European populace. Instead of being bitches, they maintain a balance between advanced technology and the natural world. In fact, the former should compliment the latter.. A high focus is placed on reproduction, with typical households having 3-4 (or even more) children. People are able to perceive their weak points from advanced technology and compensate for it (eg, lifting as a substitute for lack of physical activity).

>lymphoma is caused by civilization
>child illnesses are caused by civilization and not because of virii and bacteria
>bacteria and virii spread by insects, which are caused by civilization
m8... the examples I gave you have little to do with civilization, and a LOT to do with how technology helps us remediate them.
diseases != death.
also, provide source on the claim that (most) cancer is caused by civilization.

>weakness
you keep using that word. you clearly have no idea about biology, and think getting cancer or any other illness is "being weak".
protip: you aren't in control of it, you can only try to diminish how illnesses affect you. this is what our current technology does. and it works, I've seen it, it saved me from death. if I ever wanted to stay alive or not, that's a whole different topic.

so, tell us, how would capitalism work in a non-industrialized world? would our current world even exist without industrialization?

>capitalism is based on greed
Greed is capitalism can go hand-in-hand but you're a delusional snowflake if greed is a requirement for capitalism.

Attached: 1495604475043.jpg (650x581, 121K)

That's a good solution, but it only stimulates the body and the emotions and not the intellect. Eating, fucking and dying is what animals do. Of course, exercising our mind is what made this mess in the first place, but without it we might as well not procreate. Besides, your plan means leaving behind offspring who is not prepared for the world around them, they will most likely struggle.

>Greed is capitalism
*and

The suppression field inhibited fertilization, not actual sex. Unless it stopped boners too.

so, tell us, what motivates capitalists, the ones giving you orders and paying you to work for them?

it's not the average human who brings revolutionizing changes, curious ones do.

>i can't read but i must post

>how would capitalism work in a non-industrialized world?
About the same. Maybe you should try learning about it.

Fuck the human race.

Attached: nick-landweb_1_.jpg (550x275, 12K)