Earlier this week, Apple made a move that many expected wouldn’t happen – the iPad adopted USB-C...

>Earlier this week, Apple made a move that many expected wouldn’t happen – the iPad adopted USB-C. That aligns it with much of the industry, including most Android makers, but at the same time, the tablet also dropped its 3.5mm headphone jack. That led to an Apple USB-C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter, and it’s currently the best one you can get for an Android device.
>Headphone jacks are disappearing left and right, and you’re either fine with that or you really hate it. Regardless, adapters are a pretty easy way to keep analog audio around if you opt for a phone (or tablet) that lacks the feature. However, there aren’t many good USB-C audio adapters out there. When the Pixel 2 debuted, I struggled to find a single third-party audio solution that actually worked.
>The new Apple USB-C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter, though, seems to work flawlessly with every device I’ve tried it with so far. For Google’s Pixel devices, it works without a hitch. Simply plug it in and hit play and your tunes are good to go. The same applied for the Huawei P20 Pro and Essential Phone which I also tested out.

Why didn't you get an Apple dongle yet, Jow Forums? There is literally no reason not to get one.

Attached: apple_usb_c_headphone_adapter_2.jpg (2500x1250, 236K)

My phone has a headphone jack.

/thread
moving on.

fpbp and op btfo

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1523469776862.gif (500x491, 376K)

imagine how much time this anime posting "itoddlers btfo" retard wasted

This. Huff some zyke, OP.

>forum dedicated to technology
>users are proud to use pre industrial tech

>nothing wrong with a universal standard even if it's pre industrial
>trying to defend companies like Apple for being greedy pigs
>trying to defend android oems for being mindless sheep

gtfo

when is one thing better than another?
when new thing does everything old thing does and more

does usb3 c do everything an audio jack does and more?
yes

>muh old headphuns
adapters are meant to bridge old tech with modern tech

>muh apple
im glad someone is actually pushing technological boundaries

Attached: 1540185715015.jpg (430x432, 35K)

Not as much as you spent being a retarded itoddler

>week

Attached: 1538727447228.png (416x435, 114K)

USB-C can't be a replacement for the 3,5mm jack, because it doesn't allow sending analog signals on the paper. Companies that do make DACless dongles are double niggers for deliberately inconveniencing users and going off the spec to force the no-jack meme.

why does it matter you cant send analog via the usb pins, when the dongle should do it anyway?
im not following your logic

>old = bad
this is what mactoddlers actually believe

the real argument isnt even that subtle for you to try to strawman it
is usb3c better than an audio jack as a port of choice on a mobile device yes or no?

Attached: 1540262411039.jpg (333x433, 42K)

>forum dedicated to technology
>itoddler subhumans think they belong

Attached: 1520006571022.png (1994x1578, 213K)

If your phone has a headphone jack and type C does that mean you can plug in 2 pairs of headphones at once?

never tried that on a phone but on pcs that is the case

>pre-industrial
dumbass

you can plug two headphones using a splitter at the cost of the volume being halved for both, it would probably do the same thing with usbc + dedicated port or perhaps only register the dedicated port
old tech that is still useful and doing its job very well

And yet the 2018 iPhones still use the Lightning connector. One step forward two steps back.

>old tech that is still useful and doing its job very well
you can make the same argument about anything that eventually gets to be replaced
its not a matter of audio jacks being bad at what they do, but of usb3c being able to do more things with the limited real state

Wait a minute I just realized something....

USB-c hub + Multiple pairs of USB-c headphones = all your friends can listen to your shitty music at the same time without disturbing everyone else!

Attached: wewew.gif (220x220, 15K)

>you can make the same argument about anything that eventually gets to be replaced
but it's not being properly replaced, they just remove a feature and then tell you that you shouldn't be able to use your headphones without an adapter, some of which allegedly don't even work
>limited real estate
my jelly pro is 1/4 as small as the average device and still has a trrs jack

>Apple dongle

can't charge and listen to music at the same time

im not defending the merits of how apple, google and samsung have been handling the transition
what im defending is that usbc3 is ultimately better than than an audio jack

and dont pretend real estate isnt limited on phones. even if there was room for a 1/4 jack after you have all the other io you want, that space could be better used by another usbc3

Today's devices still aren't this thin
And it still found room for a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Manufacturers aren't removing them to make room for more things
They're removing them because it makes it easier to waterproof the phone. They're fucking lazy and are making additional profit off the things they can "get away with" while the consumer loses, instead of gains.

Attached: vivo-x5-max (1).jpg (700x400, 44K)

sounds like you are displeased with what a particular brand/maker is doing and not with the transition itself
i suggest finding a manufacturer that is giving you what you think is best

I'm displeased with:
>Apple
>OnePlus
>HTC
>Motorola
>Google
And many more.

LG too, because they're falling for the bullshit notch trend, even though they're keeping the headphone jack.

Also, I -am- displeased with the transition. It's pointless. Why the fuck should I have to have a dongle flopping around my living room for if I want to listen to music through headphones? Or carry another piece of shit in my bag at the airport to go with my headphones? Or let it jangle around my pocket if I put my earbuds away after walking.

Nobody makes "nice" USB-C headphones or earbuds. They're literally all C+ tier bullshit at best, and $90 USB-C earbuds sound worse than some $35 earbuds. And with bluetooth, you've got to deal with hiss, bad DACs, bad battery life, varying bluetooth audio standards, and other issues, even with $500+ headphones, let alone earbuds.
I'm no audiophile. But I pay a lot of attention to my music. And I like my music to sound the way I like. I've centered some decisions about other things in my life around this, such as my phone. I got an LG V30 because I could hear a difference in the output over my earbuds, and the wide range of adjustments I can make in LG's software to the DAC's settings is great. The idea of having to spend some absurd amount of extra money just for a nice dongle that I can only really use with my phone is fucking stupid. At least pocket headphone amps are compatible with anything with a 3.5mm output. None of my stationary gear at home does USB-C output for audio, so the dongle with the nice DAC would be just for my phone, and would be a replacement for a feature my previous phones had. It's stupid as shit.

It's not even waterproofing, it's so you use Bluetooth because the USB C dongles SUCK.
Now Bluetooth is always on and those ibeacons the adcucks use work better, and they can harvest more location data/etc out of you.

Doesn't hurt that Bluetooth headphones are pretty lucrative.

>bad quality products
problem with the market, not the tech

>being commited to old standards
that is a real problem for people during transition times but it is also the burden of the market to smooth it over

really, stop buying trash and companies will stop making trash

>>Earlier this week, Apple made a move that many expected wouldn’t happen – the iPad adopted USB-C.
Just how out of touch from reality was the person writing this article?

>but on pcs that is the case
Wouldn't it appear as a second output device?

on windows, yes
and you can route audio to it normally
if you wanted a single audio source routed to all your output devices simultaneously youd have to use asio4all or a similar multi output interface on your audio player tho