Current monitor: 24 inch 144hz 1080p, tn panel, 3-4 stuck pixels

>current monitor: 24 inch 144hz 1080p, tn panel, 3-4 stuck pixels
>decide to upgrade
>new monitor: 32 inch 144hz 1440p, va panel, 1 dead pixel in the upper right corner
>pissed, buy the same monitor again
>1 dead pixel, in the middle of the screen

Can someone explain to me WHAT THE FUCK is this meme? The only monitor i ever had that didn't have dead pixels was some shitty sceptre with extremely saturated red colors in like 2009. Why has every monitor i've ever bought have dead or stuck pixels?

Attached: 530-dead-pixels.jpg (530x530, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

a.co/d/fttI9Ea
jscreenfix.com/fix.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why don't you buy one with a pixel guarantee?

On 2 cheap ass AOC monitors I have had only one red subpixel get stuck over 4 years.

Because you're buying the cheapest shit you find. What is it even?

>32 inch 144hz 1440p
My 25inch 1440p has one in the corner that's barely visible, why do you buy oversized monitors?

cheaper and better reviews than 27 inch monitors i was looking at.

a.co/d/fttI9Ea

I've only seen one pixel defect ever and none on any of my computers. Guess you are unlucky.

>a.co/d/fttI9Ea
Never heard of such brand.

>not dumpster diving at universities and engineering firms to get delicious HP IPS displays with the thicc adjustable stands
o i am laffin

>buying a gayming monitor
You got what you deserved, overpriced plastic shit.

every monitors backside is plastic. the stand is solid metal. it's actually a really nice monitor. The panel inside is a samsung panel too, there should be no issue with what brand i choose since all the shit is sourced from bigger companies anyway.

neither have i, but i didn't know who sceptre were either until i bought one and enjoyed the purchase immensely.

Building reliable flat panels over about 17" is a partially-solved problem. Accepting defects is the only easy to get the yeilds up to a profitable level.
Most, if not all, monitors have warranty exclusions for screen defects (bad pixels) below a certain number. The lower the number the higher the price.

i understand this, but i have a hard time believing that i can take a look at every single monitor on display at an electronics store and find not a single dead pixel on any one they have out, buy one and take it home and have 3.

I don't believe that if don't keep buying and returning these monitors that i won't find at least one with no fucking problems with it. Warranties aside. They can't just be selling every fucking monitor with a dead pixel on them.

Have you tried unsticking it with: jscreenfix.com/fix.html

Probably not super effective but it's worth a shot. I have a laptop with a BOEHydis screen with a subpixel that was stuck in the "always on" position and that fixed it after a few hours.

kek

Push on the screen where the dead pixel is, very lightly. Just hard enough to cause discoloration in the area. Then slowly rub it at that level of pressure.
That has fixed every stuck or dead pixel I have ever encountered.

>get one of the cheapest 144Hz 1440p non-TN monitors
>act surprised when it's shit
What is so hard to understand about that?
XF270HUA was a bit more than I wanted to spend, and so I ended up getting PD2700Q, precisely because because I prefer to get well build 60Hz monitor than shitty 144Hz one. Either do the same or pay up.

What the fuck are you even on about? The XF270HUA is like 350 now, its cheaper than the fucking thing i got.

Then I must be blind, because amazon lists them at $500-600.

i bought a 1440p 144hz Dell, it came perfect, stop buying shit brands lamo

The SDG217R? I have one and while it is nice the color banding is atrocious

my mistake. this version doesn't have the "a" in the model name for whatever reason. was on sale for 350 last month. my microcenter has 8. i wonder what the difference is between them.

I ended up not getting this one because i hated the way the stand looked desu and everything else was way too gamur tier for my taste.

Attached: Capture.jpg (280x506, 26K)

CRTs don't have this problem.

youre right, they have a bunch of problems

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Nothing a good recapping can't fix.

I read about this sort of shit, but didn't think it'd work. I'll try it out sometime later thanks for reminding me.

I've never seen a monitor with dead pixels, maybe you just got bad luck or is buying cheap shit.

>keeping CRTs near magnets
Deserved.

>not buying a Dell monitor

>buying dell in 2018

Depends on market and its standard?

yeah because they just dumpster a bunch of shit they can auction off as a lot for at least some return wtf

Buying 7 dell panels, 5 of them have color uniformity problem (left is redder than right)

CRT monitors don't get any dead pixels

That is just a glorified exchange policy, why should we have to deal with this in the first place, i swear panels are getting shittier and more expensive somehow every year

i've had this issue since 2009. bought a fucking top of the line samsung monitor, 24 inch which was a huge upgrade at the time, had 4 dead pixels out the box.

90% of all monitors i've owned personally have had stuck or dead pixels. but shit like my ds, switch, and phones have had none. i don't understand.

Yeah they just explode and send shards of glass into your eyes.