When did computer programming go from loading up a code editor and typing into it...

When did computer programming go from loading up a code editor and typing into it, to loading up some trashy over bloated IDE, with a trillion never used features, and popping in a hundred namespaces and libraries just to do some simple as fuck programming task?

Attached: BjarneStroustrup.jpg (432x324, 41K)

When those convenient tools like IDEs were created I would imagine. No one is impressed by your fizzbuzzes written using vim, child

IDE's are shit and so are libraries. I don't want 430,000 lines of code in my program before I even start writing it.

Linux: CodeLite + Terminal
Windows: Notepad++ + Cygwin
OSX: XCode

>simple as fuck task

Here's why you don't need an IDE, and why I need one

around 1997

>Windows: Notepad++ + Cygwin

beginner here. how does Cygwin help you program?

Java is such a sad language, so verbose, so cumbersome, so inexpressive, radiating such a condescending stupidity. Its pervasiveness today, at the end of fucking 2018, is just depressing.

It gives you than good old Linux type programming environment,
I like GCC or something close to it across all my systems

use git bash instead, or powershell with windows package managers like scoop or chocolate. Some things you could only do with command line

You didn't even mention diversity or lgbtqia awareness. Obviously you are not a programmer.

Attached: shrug.jpg (1090x1200, 117K)

IDEs are actually very nice for large projects, but I know a few who elect to just use a text editor. For Code completion and refactoring tools are very nice features to have.

Its really just preference tho

This but unironically

>IDE's are shit and so are libraries. I don't want 430,000 lines of code in my program before I even start writing it.
t.learned to "program" last week

It's okay OP. We'll still need garbagemen for another 10-15 years at least.

I literally never used an ide or fancy text editor. I just use Microsoft text editor and save as a .cpp

When $5 of computing power was enough for no one to care about your bloat.

Borland Delphi was probably the first modern IDE with bloats to help noobs write shit software.

Because real computer programming often involves very complex frameworks which utilize hundreds of other programs. You'll understand if you ever manage to get a real job.

why even use a high level language that cant make BASIC assumptions about the program being run, just write everything in x86 assembly

Feels good recompiling shit several times because you missed some stupid colon

kek. brainlet here as well

people these days can't think the same due to caffeine, cell phones, and lcd screens

fuck you I can program anything using integers and if-then statements

>why yes i know the latest AI techniques

>integers
he doesn't define his problems as bitstrings and grow the solution genetically

Attached: 1540955247187.jpg (2048x1638, 1.03M)

He looks smart. Too bad he wasn't smart enough to not ruin a whole era of computing.

>t. unemployed wannabe never contributed to anything relevant in his life, and never will. Zero idea how things are done in very big projects.

I work for a company providing all the software infrastructure for public hospitals in my country, average db size is 60GB, more than 300 tables and a millions of records. The software is made of several modules each containing hundreds of packages, some classes have more than 10k LOC. Each module has dependencies on the other modules as well as external libraries.

Go do that with vim in your mom's basement, you turbofaggot.

Attached: cover.jpg (500x500, 61K)

When computers became accesible. That's it. The userbase dumbed down to such a degree they need everything to hold their hand.

Because projects that get used in business and are used to facilitate massive infra are easily over 50K SLOC. In an OOP manner i dont want to have to train a new guy for 9 months to have him know all of he code by hart so hard that he does not need reference jumping and intelli sense. some of us actually need to get work done instead of circlejerking about 9 trillion keybinds that we dont want to know.

Attached: 1539772486025.jpg (225x225, 8K)

just out of curiosity, do you work for Chipsoft?