Now that ASUS is releasing a phone with a desktop dock, what's your opinion on the android desktop?

now that ASUS is releasing a phone with a desktop dock, what's your opinion on the android desktop?

Attached: e015fc56-1aa5-43c8-b7e6-ff211b9a3e01.jpg (1200x856, 114K)

still waiting on project linda, but upgraded my razor in the meanwhile

it's still cuckware if it ships with gapps by default

Neat.
Glad to see more company adopt this.

Attached: canvas.png (640x360, 521K)

If there was a laptop version like is talking about, I'd be all over this shit. Phones are just as capable as any chrome book for productivity, just limited by screen and peripherals

I've been using my note8 as my primary desktop for 6 months now, works fine for shitposting on Jow Forums and watching movies

Well considering a phone these days is a hell of a lot faster than when I was young I'm sure someone will have a use for it somewhere.

Bluestacks already exists, I just wish somebody would release a spyware-free version though.

How does clover work for you in desktop mode?

I'm using omnichan

>tfw my phone is more powerful than my PC.
Dev support for desktop mode when?

This is the future of "desktop" computing. They have transitioned from commonplace Dell desktops in the early 2000s to Laptops sometime around the late 2000s when the Macbook became decent enough for daily use and will switch to phones in the 2020s. Canonical and Microsoft were correct with their convergence ideas but they just failed to capture market share in the phone industry.

I don't think you understand the purpose of a dock...

laptop when? the era of the desktop computer is dead

This is very useful for me, since I travel a lot and have to stay at my job for few days at a time.
So instead of carrying a laptop with me, I just need my phone, charger, adapter, wireless keyboard+mouse.
All of these will take less space and weight than a laptop.
And it fulfill 95% of the stuff I do which is web browsing, word processing, media consumption, presentations.
Also because I do a lot of reports that need photos It's nice to have everything in one place.
What it lack is decent printing support, and proper multi window support for various apps.

Well me too :')

didn't ubuntu try this meme in 14.04 or something?

Useless

I really hope you are being sarcastic. If not you are a fucking retard.

most people already carry their phone and charger, the adapters are typically no bigger than a phone, so you'll just be bringing a keyboard and mouse, which a bluetooth foldable keyboard is also the size of a phone and mouse not much bigger (plus most laptop users already carry a mouse). you can fit all that easily in your luggage and it doesn't have to get double checked by security because it's not a laptop.

>I want to carry around a screen and keyboard that does absolutely nothing 99% of the time

why? at least with my laptop, if my phone is dead I still have access to iMessage

>carrying a laptop
Laptop: 2kg minimum+charger+bag+mouse
>carrying a phone
Phone:200g maximum+charger+adapter+small bluetooth keybpard/mouse

>2kg is heavy

Attached: 1495015877009.jpg (700x933, 375K)

Didn't the moto droid bionic do this back in 2011

Ubuntu mobile lacked developer support. Android is ubiquitous, which makes it miles ahead of Ubuntu for actual adoption to make the mobile/desktop convergence real. Still, i wouldnt bother because im a desktop Linux neckbeard.

isn't android linux?

Yes, but it isn't GNU and isn't free unless you are using a custom ROM.

When will Microsoft release another Windows Phone with a meme Windows desktop dock mode

>NOT HAVING ROOT ACCESS TO "YOUR" PC
How is this ridiculous shit standard?

Attached: 1515858429847.jpg (3504x2336, 2.68M)

Sorry to burst your bubbles but it will not be a thing until Apple© releases the Apple© Rock™ for the iPhone® and thus revolutionizes computing once again.