Convince me not to do it Jow Forums

Chad move or beta move?

Attached: convince me not to.png (778x554, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com.au/Gigabyte-Aero-15X-v8-BK4-i7-8750H/dp/B07BSXCCHK/ref=sr_1_29?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1541125245&sr=1-29&keywords=dell xps
amazon.com.au/Display-GeForce-1060-Edge-Edge/dp/B07D1BLKDB/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1541125598&sr=1-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's easy when using your mom's credit card.

That's the perfect laptop for people insecure enough to decide what to buy without asking somebody else's opinion online.

That insult is very random. It almost makes me think you are poor and sour as fuck. No one else would make a comment like that out of the blue?

you eating raman for dinner tonight kid?

What can you do with this that you can't do with a thinkpad?

run actual high quality music software thats well optimised and doesnt stutter even with way better hardware like every single window daw that exists

This. I appreciate the brutal honesty.

If there's software you want to use that isn't on or doesn't work well on windows or Linux then get it. If not then no, there's plenty of less overpriced laptops from other OEMs.

Attached: 1540953059440.jpg (460x534, 33K)

>asking Jow Forums for advice

most of Jow Forums is obviously going to tell you to buy an old used thinkpad and install gentoo but i'll give you my two cents

I can see why you're buying a mac for exclusive software(final cut, logic pro, etc) or for ios development but otherwise i'd also reccomend to look into these two laptops:

amazon.com.au/Gigabyte-Aero-15X-v8-BK4-i7-8750H/dp/B07BSXCCHK/ref=sr_1_29?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1541125245&sr=1-29&keywords=dell xps

amazon.com.au/Display-GeForce-1060-Edge-Edge/dp/B07D1BLKDB/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1541125598&sr=1-1

Not be a piece of worthless shit after 1 year

Their keyboards break after two weeks though.

Attached: 1536436323350.png (925x711, 32K)

Chad move would be not to care what others think

Nobody gives a shit about how a retard wants to waste their money. Go back to your upvote site.

just do it, dont think twice or ask g about it next time.

based and redpilled

Attached: simpsons.jpg (299x299, 10K)

Maybe don't post australia-exclusive items next time, retard

worthless after 2 weeks > worthless after a year. that way you're always on new hardware, or are you a poorfag?

Clearly beta or you wouldn't have gone on an anonymous image board for help validating your purchase

tldr: kill yourself

already have a pc with pretty much exactly these stats. its fucking terrible for music production

well I saw OP was using australian dollars, so i gave him australian links

How so?

>mfw could listen to 320kbps music flawlessly on klipsch optical connections using windows xp, winamp, and a soundblaster 10 years ago for less than 1k

You're a rube

Attached: 1540423507237.gif (524x276, 1.29M)

not enough cores, threads or memory.

shit tier stability on every daw ive tried so far. my macbook pro that i broke had a quad core i5 2.3 ghz + 8gb ram and could run any project i threw at it without ever having issues. my pc with an i5 7500 16gb ram and a gtx 1060 starts stuttering after the first 30 tracks. the only daw that has bearable stability on windows is reapers and its a shit tier daw

and im still yet to even try video editing on this machine. windows has the worst optimisation on everything except video games. which I dont play. if you have any serious uses for a computer windows just cannot cut it as an os. its a OS for subhumans

>560x
Top kek

>windows has the worst optimisation on everything except video games
funny, I thought developers of softwares for OSs had to worry about that...

>he thinks im talking about listening to music

spot the consumer

Attached: 1540807781309.png (971x546, 63K)

gaming toddler detected

Yeah, proprietary DAWs are a must, right? Not like you can record live instruments into Ardour (a lightweight DAW that runs can run on Thinkpad X220s still). Not recording live is a reflection upon your decision to buy a Mac - uneducated and a poor decision for low skills.

*snap* yep thats going into my cringe folder

Enjoy your shitty SoundCloud trap produced in FL or Logic or whatever the fuck shitty non-free software jail you use to make shitty "beats".

ironic because trap music is a genre that was birthed exclusively from windows producers on fruity loops. its the windows defining genre. that says all you need to know about windows producers

Your point being?

>implying i use windows
FOSS Ardour on FOSS GNU/Linux.

linux autists fuck off

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

this has to be copypasta

Says the chump entertaining 4k for a shiny corparatist paintjob over gnu tooling

>he likes spending 4x the money for dat sweet logo

Attached: 1533974294403.jpg (322x400, 26K)

Did you give daddy back his credit card? You can't lose it!

hi grimes

Attached: 1529074307274.png (497x164, 32K)

can you shut the fuck up faggot... the absolute desperation of linux fags...

Why on earth would you buy that?
It costs a ton of money and isn't good.

Newfriend macfag, please leave.
Reminder: I can install GNU/Linux on any machine. You can't install macOS on any machine. I can see exactly what goes into my distro. Can you say the same? The Linux kernel is a collaborative effort between millions of developers in the free software community. You have the Apple development team, and that's it.

The absolute state of Jow Forums

I'm actually sad.

gamer spotted
poor fag spotted

>Consuming media = NPC
holy shit

You are an idiot.

>Nearly $4500
Bitch, that thing better give me blowjobs every night after work for that price.

Consuming fictional escapist media is 100% NPC tier

Attached: women npcs.png (646x139, 14K)

no freedoms

What does my comment even have to do with games?
The computer has a terrible price/performance ratio.

Look at pic related, way more powerful and the warranty blows Apple's out of the water.

Attached: owo.png (826x919, 127K)

Using your imagination is NPC tier?
No, only consuming non-fiction and working like a robot is NPC tier.

lmao what are you gonna do with that shit machine bar playing toddler tier video games?

any program actually worth using will have subhuman tier optimisation and will only be usable for windows using cuckoids who have never used a mac so have no reference point on how actual software is supposed to peform

You can't upgrade the RAM or the storage because they're literally hardwired into the motherboard. If you find that you need to upgrade the RAM or the storage later on, you're solid out of luck. What you get at purchase is what you're stuck with.

Keep that in mind and make sure you have the specs you need.

keep consuming your fairy tales then kid. while the real humans build and create the things that you consume you entertained comfortable mess

>i7-8850H
>P2000
>512 GB NVMe
>shit tier
Okay buddy. It has better performance and thermals than the MacBook.

Hey guess what?
You can do both.

Buying a 3000 dollar overpriced piece of shit doesn't make you not poor you fucking retard lol

What paint brand do you huff

but nothing worth actually using it for

i have a good pc here right now while i talk to you and its fucking useless. a low tier macbook pro i bought in 2015 out performs this piece of shit for all of the things i actually used it for. but i dropped it and ruined it so i stupidly decided to buy a windows and specifically said "it will have better hardware therefore better perfomance."

but the reality is completely different this shit tier i5 7500 with 16gb of ram, must have double the performance of my macbook pro but cant run a fucking daw with out fucking suttering all over the fucking shop. every fucking daw on thsi ugly fuck of a machine is a buggy unstable mess. the only thing ive seen this shit tier computer do well is run a fucking video game for toddlers and i dont give a single fuck about video games. so this pile of shit pc may aswell go in the trash

its worthless

fuck windows

The average man reads 9 books a year? Lol what? Was this from a survey from 1940 or something?

but you dont and neither do 99% of consumer npcs out there

>I'll spend an extra $1.5k on a less powerful, non-upgradeable machine with less ports, worse battery, horrible thermals, worse keyboard, less features, terrible warranty and from a company that hates its customers just so I can get an extra second load times in a specific program

Just buy your fagbook already, you retard. You clearly have way more money than brains.

Attached: 1493173901424.jpg (500x375, 40K)

What do you do that is so noble and advanced?
I design and build out networks, which are the fabric on which our modern society runs.

Yo dawg listening to based Tchaikovsky in crystal clear for less than a used civic is better than spending dollars on grey laptops that fuel the capitalist machine. Enjoy funding billionaires to make autotuned youtube mashups you pleb

Attached: 1540766072689.gif (500x281, 3.11M)

you can install mac os on a different machine you know

Okay so there are tens, if not hundreds of thousands of musicians using windows for their audio and music needs.
There is probably something you are doing wrong.

Install OSX on your machine and see if it performs differently.

no theres not. nobody uses windows for music except for black people. its shit tier, fuck windows

I fell for the meme

Not officially. You have to do a ton of fiddling.
Bunch of bullshit that mess is. Fuck Apple and fuck capitalism.

yeah im sure a hackintosh wont be bug ridden mess like anything windows autists get there hands on. windows users opinions on anything tech related are just irrelevant because they literally have no frame of reference for how software is supposed to run. Windows users are toddlers

Yeah you seem to have your mind made up.

Justify your purchase decision.

Actual autism. Show me where the windows touched you.

>Media hates him for no reason
Fuck, it's confirmed.

If you can spend 4000$ on some crap, you can definitely get it.

You're retarded if you really believe this. OSX is just a Unix variant that's been fucked with massively to be borderline unusable outside its walled garden. It's the kind of insecure and poorly designed trash that gets bugs like being able to log in as root just by clicking the login button a bunch of times. But it has polish for days and your naive childlike mind eats that shit up. Realistically Windows has 1,000x more good software, and that's not even hyperbole. Windows is used professionally literally everywhere, so if it's not working for you, it's YOU. Having to go full Fisher Price with a fucking macbook, the red headed step child of the Apple lineup, surpassed only by the desktop Mac Pro in how little Apple even cares about it, shows you're just unwilling or incapable of learning or adapting.

Yeah, fucking buy it. You already decided before you made the thread anyway.

>windows is used professionally

Attached: 47b2d392c602da7d7ad276649779c42d.jpg (1355x2222, 205K)

Too lazy to quote, but you can probably get a better audio experience on windows by installing low latency drivers.

Why?

The deleted post btw said "I record, using low latency is not an option"

I’d get the 13”, they run quad cores now.

>the operating system used by 88% of the world isnt used professionally

>The businesses of the world are using Mac toys to run Excel

Attached: 1524915194917.jpg (500x341, 105K)

>I record and somehow being able to capture samples at 24 bit 192kHz without any problems on Windows isn't enough.
You tipped your hand, audiofool. Don't you have some placebos to take?

Attached: 1532457721890.jpg (261x244, 11K)

>Calling macOS insecure compared to windows over a emergency patched root exploit
hahahaha, look up how microshit handled ETERNALBLUE and stop posting kiddo.

>Literally a state sponsored attack
vs
>Pressing a button a bunch of times
Yeah definitely equivalent.
Also that wasn't a one time understandable mistake as they were also displaying encrypted APFS passwords as the hint. Then later it turns out the password was STILL plaintext and you could see it with a terminal command. Top. Fucking. Notch.

never owned razer laptop, is it worth it?

Make iOS projects

I own a 18' mbp. Love it. An alternative is the mercury white razer blade 2.

There's also the thinkpad x1 extreme but Lenovo is retarded changing 1.5x what Apple and Razer charges for the same specs.

Attached: blade 15 mercury _2018_ - 011.jpg (800x605, 109K)

The exploits origin is irrelevant. What matters is how they react, sitting on your hands until some a worm pops up before issuing an emergency patch. Thats unforgivable.

the only people who defend Microshit wangblows are underage gaming faggots. thats a fact.

If you honestly believe Apple isn't cucked by the US government then you're truly delusional. They may play the good guy, but the fact is they're legally obligated to shut the fuck up about things when told to.

chad af

it is

Op is gud, op buy mcJew pro.

Attached: 1538627670897.png (645x729, 126K)

4.4k is so much money for such an ok system. Do you NEED a laptop? You could get a great PC and a tablet with that.

DO IT FAG and post proof.

>pc
>great

hello gamer

>TROLLPOST BUT
RADEON PRO VEGA WITH HBM2 UPDATE LITERALLY ON THE SITE YOU SPASTIC

>what can a MacBook do that can't be done on a ThinkPad?

The answer to that is about 5 full-character posts long. The absolute state of Jow Forums. I bet you're underage too.

>>the world
>counting china and India and the 3rd world

Nobody cares about the WORLD. America is all that matters you fucking pajeet.