Why aren't you using KDE?

Why aren't you using KDE?

Attached: KDE.png (2880x1800, 607K)

because i'm using i3wm on xfce

I am, on openSUSE Tumbleweed. It's awesome.

because using a DE makes you a brainlet

gayman

gnome still works

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-01 19-33-46.png (1600x900, 190K)

I love IBM too much.

Attached: gnome-logo.png (230x230, 7K)

How is KDE Plasma wrt touchscreens? Got a T480 coming in a few days, and I'm interested in using it to practice drawing / take notes. I've heard that GNOME has everything working out of the box, and honestly, I'm currently loaded with work from uni and wouldn't have time to muck around with config files for hours. Is it relatively painless to get working with KDE?

I am desu

Attached: 2018-11-01-201013_3120x1920_scrot.png (3120x1920, 1.36M)

why are you constantly shilling what DE you use? you're the reason why lots of people avoid KDE and it's a shame because it's pretty good. stop bragging about what you use you fucking faggot. I'm so sick of the KDE shilling that I might switch to xfce or gnome

Why are you using a prebuilt DE?

that's fucking hilarious, thank you for posting this

mint dropped kde support :/

qt is the worst fucking thing that could happen to humanity. i fucking hate this project so fucking much

Attached: 19296.jpg (200x153, 10K)

why
it's better than gtk

because its easier to meet fucking jesus than build it from source, api is good tho. devs are fucking niggers

I am.

Attached: Screenshot_20181030_205417.png (1920x1080, 1.37M)

If qt devs are niggers then gtk devs must glow.

It is ugly as fuck

who fucking cares about gtk? im using qt since 4 something and i never managed to build it from source from start to end, everytime i need to compile it i get the feeling that kms is a better option, but i still chose to compile it but guess fucking what, theres a compilation error LITERALLY FUCK

GNOME is better than all competitors by leaps and bounds

But I'm using it right now, GTKucks still don't have a proper filepicker

Attached: cap.png (1680x1050, 1.03M)

It's pretty good. The only thing I hate is the big volume OSD that shows up in the middle of the screen when you change the volume.

Attached: Screenshot_20181101_233959.png (1920x1080, 1.08M)

there's probably something on your end tho, cause I've never heard that complaint before
and I think API, consistency and support are far more important assets/features than easiness of building from source, and gtk sucks at those
t. gnome user

> Use a DE and get to work
> Spend hours on tweaking a fucking WM so that you can post pictures of neofetch, pipes.sh and some dumb audio visualizer.

I am. I wish Dolphin wouldn't crash every fucking 2 seconds though, that's getting pretty aggravating.

latte dock and chicago 95 is an interesting combination.

i know its on my end but how the fuck do i know what? theres no use in software i cant use, fuck qt, im switching back to wx, its shit and i havent used it for years but at least it fucking compiles. seriously, this is just fucking ridiculous, every fucking time there are problems with this shit code, im just sick of this retarded shit, you invest time, build your software, then you decide to update and shit repeats itself, never in my entire life i compiled qt without errors. its always praying it will finish this time, but it never does, its always something but you cant tell what exactly. HOW FUCKING HARD IS TO PRINT A RELEVANT MESSAGE FFS?

Attached: 1494099952309.jpg (250x159, 4K)

I only have a couple requirements when it comes to DE's:

1. Able to adjust the volume step to 1%.
2. File managers that have per folder settings.
3. Keyboard shortcut to open the terminal in that directory; Even better if it's an embedded terminal.

So far only KDE and XFCE allow me to do those easily. But with XFCE, I have to do a lot more work and I have to use Nemo for my file manager. So I just stick with KDE.

I use Gnome on my laptop though. That's the only place where I prefer it. But what is up with Nautilus not having a shortcut to open the terminal. I have to use CTRL+F10 then E.

this meme was brought to you by ibm gang.
baka at konqi niggas

I have been for a year, but I'm switching to mate because SFTP in dolphin glitches out all the fucking time on multiple installs on multiple computers & makes servers unbrowsable until reboot.

I use it and it's good, but it doesn't have a decent email client, which is ridiculous.

It's not the default. GNOME is.

I am but it's sluggish compared to XFCE desu
Just installed this tho

Attached: Screenshot_20181102_021142.png (841x418, 47K)

>BLOAT
No thanks fag

I used the latest and clicking the desktop button never completely minimized the windows (they never completed the minimization animation and got stuck in the corners). The software center didn't work even once, and the clock constantly froze. Fuck KDE, and especially fuck its fans who are worse than Arch fans.

Attached: F4D04ECC60D44288BB20D717ECDB72B8.jpg (618x679, 30K)

Yes blur your username and hostname
We may hack your motherboard using ur IP cause I know your IP: 127.0.0.1

Attached: Hax0r.jpg (990x1151, 79K)

What OS are you using?

default i3 works fine with no tweaking.

because i enjoy uptime >24h without my desktop garbling all of the text in it, thumbnails, and not having to emulate operating systems in order to use quality software or play games
why do you even ask why linux is not the mainstream operating system?
zero reason to use it and it has been touted as a "stable more secure" env for how many years?
here is what you do, you make an up to date repo full of the latest development libraries and keep it up to date, and throw in all of the programs in debian's repos, and then you dont install a single thing unless the user wants it in their system
i dont want to install debian kde and get the equivalent of safari or explorer, i want to install debian kde and get what i pick as a browser during install or after install
why are all of these desktop projects not understanding what an os means, or a desktop env
they have one job each, and until the uptime is fixed in kde it is shit
stop trying to do multiple jobs
i only need nano, i dont need 3 text editors to hitch a ride and waste disk space, i dont need a browser without the ability to adblock or use any extensions or userscripts
and i really dont need outdated devel packages from 2012

bcos xfce uses 150mb of ram

but I am

>because i enjoy uptime >24h
JustWerks™ for me

Attached: 2018-11-02-104500_837x425_scrot.png (837x425, 54K)

But I am.

Attached: 1537464694023.png (400x400, 627K)

bc I love Gnome's UI.

Install Gentoo

cinnamon master race

Xfce or GTFO

Attached: 1540572148187.png (408x368, 96K)

Because EXWM

Uptime more than 24h is a meme for autists.

Does'nt mount Android MTP properly
Can't set one wallpaper for all screens at one click
Panel isn't automatically moved to default screen.

Kde is a must for desktop, really great

>Does'nt mount Android MTP properly
Works for me
>Can't set one wallpaper for all screens at one click
How often do you change wallpaper to the point where it's a legitimate reason for you not to use KDE? Genuinely curious
>Panel isn't automatically moved to default screen.
Works for me

Attached: 10748923.png (415x456, 389K)

>winshit
>uptime
>winshit
>not installing linux modules for basic netowkring
KDE has thumbnails you fucking newfag
>winshit
>muh vidya gaymens

because i dont like it

Attached: 1507530237502.jpg (389x389, 58K)

At least you're honest

Attached: 1511380594523.jpg (720x720, 76K)

i dont post in desktop threads, you retard.

So did RedHat

Lots of people use names in their user or host.
Doesn't want to doxx himself is my bet.

This is one of the times where installing Gentoo could actually be a solution

Because I love the a e s t h e t i c of Window Maker (for an old Slackware machine) and how lightweight Enlightenment/Moksha is (for my T60).

But I am, tho.

Attached: 1518206971445.png (355x143, 13K)

the desktop itself is nice, but the application suite that comes with it is by far the most bloated out of any desktop. Why do I have the option to start a slideshow by default when I right click in the file manager(dolphin)?

because I am not a virgin lmao

It took about 2 hours but worked first try on ryzen 1600 @ Gentoo

But can it play League of Legends?

The software suite is the best part desu.
Dolphin might be bloated but it starts just as fast and is more powerful than anything except maybe pacmanfm.
Makes Nautilus look like a fucking joke (which it is).

Krita, Dolphin, Ktorrent (& qtbitorrent), Falkon, Kdenlive, Kcalendar, etc. beat their Gnome equivalents.

Xmonad

dota is better, play that instead.

because i'm using windows
please alert me when guhnoo/leenucks users invent working drivers

Believing this unironically

Gnome is a plague within the Linux community, I am really glad its usage numbers are dwindling.

Attached: 00000000000000003.jpg (450x450, 38K)

Wayland on KDE is fucked up.

that animation isn't broken, that's the intended behaviour. for everything else you complain about, that's probably a problem with your pc,

Cause I'm not gay

>usage numbers are dwindling
The opposite is true

That's called window aperture somewhere in the settings.

I've always found it buggy. It's probably just me but I'm partial to XFCE, LXDE/LXQT or Cinnamon.

>kwin
>pronounced as one syllable
>queen
is kde for faggots?

Mah nigga!

You sound fragile

Simply because i have a better desktop based on a better UI Framework.

What's Linux babies next stepping stone after KDE, I started with gnome. Should I finally leave Ubuntu?

Try Xfce just so you can say you tried the big three.
Then try the tiling meme. Probably i3wm.

I went Gnome3 KDE4 Budgie I3wm KDE5.
Ive also tried Cinnamon, LXDE, Pantheon and LXQT but for less than a week each because I thought they were trash.

>there are people on this board who unironically use gnome

Attached: Youvebeengnomed.jpg (500x500, 21K)

Attached: 1279165661008.jpg (600x426, 37K)

Be my girlfriend

>Two panels
Fucking gross.

Because i dont need Gui in our datacenter. Wasting resources (RAM, Watts,etc) in Guis is awful.

I would but they haven't released a Windows version yet.

Attached: Screenshot_20181019_120905.png (1920x1080, 789K)

you both forgot to post frogs with your shitposts
the argument is "compile your own kernel" to fix a desktop project with sub-par code quality and outdated development packages forcefully inserted into it
>i am reminded when Ukrainian malware was inserted into Jow Forums's ads and Jow Forums thought it was just a harmless bitcoin miner until an oldfag from 2008 came and disassembled java for them
>java

Cuz I'm fine using i3.

Why arent you using what I'm using?

KDE's settings are all over the place, it kind of annoys me
With that said I'm still holding out hope that GNOME will finally end the file picker meme within this decade

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-02 23-08-53.png (1600x900, 195K)

i like KDE, it looks nice, Dolphin is awesome and KDE Connect is very convenient

It's pretty nice being employed though, so that's a plus.

>l33t h4x0r spends all his time ricing his desktop with anime girls and browsing 4chin
>knows nothing about productivity
>calls others brainlet

yep, some people from certain demographic group are NOT fucking retarded at all

Happy to oblige

Attached: 2018-11-03-051502_837x425_scrot.png (837x425, 109K)

Кдe?
Кyдa?
Кaгдa?
Дpyжбa!

kek, that issue is still alive on their Gitlab. I'm still on the mailist.

Am i the only one who finds this photo of Bill to be the quintessence of comfiness?
>a man on a path to success
>winter
>some university or whatever he is in
>old tech
>solid wooden table, fully capable of supporting his weight